• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 11:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2903 posts
605 upvotes
Miami
The frozen beef patties at Sobey's taste like crap.

I already mentioned this but for some reason the mod Mars2012 thought that was off-topic and needed to be deleted.

RFD needs new mods.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2903 posts
605 upvotes
Miami
Figured it out.

The Sobey's crappy frozen patties are from Patty King

No Frills frozen patties are from Tinnels. Apparently they have a few locations around GTA where they serve boxes of patties and other items.

Tonight's snack will be a patty
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 12:26 pm
The frozen beef patties at Sobey's taste like crap.

I already mentioned this but for some reason the mod Mars2012 thought that was off-topic and needed to be deleted.

RFD needs new mods.
Didn't seem off topic to me. If that's off topic they might as well delete half of RFD. I wanted to know about the sobey patty's you mentioned. In fact you've saved me $10 or whatever they cost because I was about to buy them. They were on sale at food basics $6 for 9.
I could've sworn I saw another brand of Pattys on sale this week, can't remember where. It was more expensive, I think $10 for 7 or 6

I usually see two brands of Pattys, I forget the other one,

I remember I went to a Jamaican restaurant once in highschool, it was in Scarborough. Apparently my friends told me you're supposed to put the patty in a coconut bun and eat it like a sandwich. At least I think it was a coconut bun. It actually tasted pretty bad in the coconut bun, tastes way better plain.

About late night snacks, I was eating chips last night, until I realized I'd never get full from them and then ate a grilled cheese sandwich. I forgot how good grilled cheeses tasted.
Last edited by toronto19850 on Feb 20th, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2903 posts
605 upvotes
Miami
toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 1:25 pm
Didn't seem off topic to me. If that's off topic they might as well delete half of RFD. I wanted to know about the sobey patty's you mentioned. In fact you've saved me $10 or whatever they cost because I was about to buy them. They were on sale at food basics $6 for 9.

I usually see two brands of Pattys, I forget the other one,

I remember I went to a Jamaican restaurant once in highschool, it was in Scarborough. Apparently my friends told me you're supposed to put the patty in a coconut bun and eat it like a sandwich. At least I think it was a coconut bun. It actually tasted pretty bad in the coconut bun, tastes way better plain.
I used to eat those all the time but not in a coconut bun. Basically they just replace a burger patty with a Jamaican beef patty.

If you ever stop by Bathurst Station you need to try the patties there. I think they make them fresh.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3143 posts
473 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
You people are WAAAYYY to ambitious making all this stuff for a late night snack. My go to is a pb&j on one piece of white bread folded in half with a glass of cold milk. That is Corner Gas and then lights out for me, trigger.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 1:33 pm
I used to eat those all the time but not in a coconut bun. Basically they just replace a burger patty with a Jamaican beef patty.

If you ever stop by Bathurst Station you need to try the patties there. I think they make them fresh.
I have to take note of all these stations, I just saw an instagram post of Markham station having really good wings. JWfoods says they supply restaurants with their food. The quality on their food is insane. Is Bathurst station open at night? I may go, but I'd hate to get into traffic, which means after 9pm where theres no cars. Anything else I should get at Bathurst station while im there?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
Wow I totally forgot because I haven't been in a while, I used to go to t&t supermarket at night and get their food/desserts on sale. Everything was so cheap.

Chinese bus, their bbq meats, their cooked foods like sweet and sour pork/ribs, deserts like cake and cookies. Everything was almost half price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2903 posts
605 upvotes
Miami
willdacanucker wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 1:34 pm
You people are WAAAYYY to ambitious making all this stuff for a late night snack. My go to is a pb&j on one piece of white bread folded in half with a glass of cold milk. That is Corner Gas and then lights out for me, trigger.
LOL PB&J is a classic but sometimes those greasy food cravings kick in and you can't help it

And it doesn't help that I work the evening shift

toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 1:37 pm
I have to take note of all these stations, I just saw an instagram post of Markham station having really good wings. JWfoods says they supply restaurants with their food. The quality on their food is insane. Is Bathurst station open at night? I may go, but I'd hate to get into traffic, which means after 9pm where theres no cars. Anything else I should get at Bathurst station while im there?
First time hearing about Markham station wings. Definitely have to check that out next time I'm around.
May 23, 2017
552 posts
157 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:05 pm
Butter tart, cottage cheese with black pepper, 12 grain bread with butter.

I try not to eat anything with lots of salt or fat at night, or anytime actually, but butter tarts are a bad habit.
I thought I was the only person who did that hahahaha
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:05 pm
Butter tart, cottage cheese with black pepper, 12 grain bread with butter.

I try not to eat anything with lots of salt or fat at night, or anytime actually, but butter tarts are a bad habit.
I'll have to try cottage cheese with black pepper

ive only bought cottage cheese a couple times, seems I end up eating it with toast or crackers. Not even sure what it's meant to be eaten with
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4227 posts
1464 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 4:16 pm

ive only bought cottage cheese a couple times, seems I end up eating it with toast or crackers. Not even sure what it's meant to be eaten with
50 years ago +/- you could go into any Canadian/US diner anywhere and get a "diet plate" of a grilled chicken breast, cottage cheese and fruit salad/cantaloupe. Classic lunch combo.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 4:31 pm
50 years ago +/- you could go into any Canadian/US diner anywhere and get a "diet plate" of a grilled chicken breast, cottage cheese and fruit salad/cantaloupe. Classic lunch combo.
Wow I wish that was around these days! I would eat at diner's everyday.

I ate it when I was bodybuilding, apparently all protein, no fat. At least the no fat variety. It actually tasted pretty good, I like weird foods though.

So they'd just eat the cottage cheese plain?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6519 posts
1244 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 4:16 pm

Make sure your black pepper is ground really coarse, it makes a nice contrast to the creamy cheese. Some people like cottage cheese with cut up fruit, pineapple, peaches etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2903 posts
605 upvotes
Miami
bonterra wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 8:40 pm
Make sure your black pepper is ground really coarse, it makes a nice contrast to the creamy cheese. Some people like cottage cheese with cut up fruit, pineapple, peaches etc.
Cottage cheese + marinara sauce + hot sauce + garlic powder + oregano + diced onions or green onions

Eat it with chips or crackers. Put it on toast or a bagel. You're welcome.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
ate popsicles, ice cream and sweet and sour pork last night
separately

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)