• Dec 4th, 2009 7:26 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 29, 2005
969 posts
46 upvotes
sabesh wrote:
Nov 19th, 2009 5:07 am
"Pony"? "Pink side"? Uh oh, you are gonna upset the resident Sony luvas ;) Nope, not buying into Sony anytime soon. However, theirs is the only FF AF lens lineup I like besides Canon's :)
People know I'm just teasing... and I must admit, I'm a little jealous of Sony's lens line-up. I'm particularly interested in trying out the 135STF
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1508 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
[rant]
You see these topics appear all the time on various gear boards, and I hate them.

Forget the fact that it seems many people cannot can stick to the OP's criteria (Canon full-frame, in this case, and under $2500), what should someones preferences mean to anyone else ?

For instance, the OP wants to exclude macro lenses (who knows why), but someone else might want to shoot macro, or might like a lens that happens to be a macro (i.e. Zeiss ZF 100/2). One's idea of an ideal prime setup should depend on intended application. Are you doing portraiture, fashion, macro, birding, street, sports, architecture ? Oh yeah, birding and macro and sports are out. So what are we shooting, exactly ?

Ill-specified threads like this just end up to be idle navel gazing. It's like posting a thread asking people to list their 4 favorite tools, but they can't be used for drilling, cutting, or hammering. Umm, ok, I list a level, crowbar, 3/8" socket wrench, and power sander.

[/rant]
Nov 5, 2007
246 posts
2 upvotes
Zeiss ZF 35 f2
Zeiss ZF 50 f2 makro
Zeiss ZF 100 f2 makro
Canon 200 f2.8 L

I shoot cinema with these lenses, so for sure my application will differ then most of you.

Some great choices i'vee seen here.