Cell Phones

Which is your next big screen phone? iPhone 6+, Samsung Note 4 or Motorola Nexus 6?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2014 12:52 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Which one of these three large screen phones are you considering to get?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes

Which is your next big screen phone? iPhone 6+, Samsung Note 4 or Motorola Nexus 6?

Like many people, I don't like the word "phablet". I still consider these devices as phones and not a tablet replacement.

Anyways, these are the current top leaders in the large screen phone market. The Nexus 6 is coming out soon, but the other 2 are already released.

The Note 4 has couple of things going for it, such as; MicroSD support, Best Display on the market, HeartRate monitor, Stylus, 16MP OIS camera. Note 4 also has, what some might consider negative points. For example, Touchwiz and Delayed updates.

With the Nexus 6, you get on-screen buttons, larger screen, Vanilla Android, fast updates, water resistant body. It has the same processor, ram and battery as the Note 4. It only has AMOLED screen compared to Samsung's Super AMOLED.

Actually I found this comparison table here

[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td]GALAXY NOTE 4 SPECIFIC FEATURES [/td]
[td]MOTOROLA NEXUS 6 SPECIFIC FEATURES[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]S-Pen functionality[/td]
[td]Water resistance[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]microSD card slot[/td]
[td]Stereo front-facing speakers[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16 MP rear camera with OIS[/td]
[td]13 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash and OIS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Removable battery and turbo-charge function[/td]
[td]Native Qi wireless charging and turbo-charge compatibility[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Heart rate monitor, fingerprint scanner, IR blaster, UV sensor[/td]
[td]None of those[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5.7-inch Super AMOLED QHD screen (~515 ppi)[/td]
[td]5.96-inch AMOLED QHD screen (~493 ppi)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]The wonders of TouchWiz UI on Android 4.4.4[/td]
[td]Out-of-the-box stock Android 5.0 Lollipop[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]749 USD (off-contract)[/td]
[td]649 USD (off-contract)[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

The iPhone 6+ doesn't need much explaining as you can't compare iphone specs to top end android phones. Apple has the best polished and optimized OS for their phones.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
I voted for Moto, but my choice is none of the above due to high price.
Place Your Ad Here
Mar 29, 2013
134 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver
tbh I don't understand why we need quad hd screens. I have a note 3, and I think full HD on a ~5.6 inch device is already amazing
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
All phone mention above are very best phone, but for me the one I choose is the note 4 beacuse of 3 factors
1. Physical Home Button
2. Removeable battery
3. SD Card
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
iPhone 6+ wins due to one thing:

camera.

slo-mo recording is hands down my favourite feature.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
Isn't "Super AMOLED" simply a Samsung trademark? The super doesn't actually mean anything.

Ya... Super AMOLED is simply Samsung's version of AMOLED. All a marketing thing to make people assume that it's inherently better than just regular AMOLED.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
P8ragon wrote: tbh I don't understand why we need quad hd screens. I have a note 3, and I think full HD on a ~5.6 inch device is already amazing
People said the exact same thing when 1080p devices came out... and they'll say the same for 4k, 8k, 16k etc...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
jvnanu wrote: Isn't "Super AMOLED" simply a Samsung trademark? The super doesn't actually mean anything.

Ya... Super AMOLED is simply Samsung's version of AMOLED. All a marketing thing to make people assume that it's inherently better than just regular AMOLED.
you're right no difference there. However there's a hands on video where someone compares the Note 4 and N6. The N6 screen looked a little washed out compared to the Note 4.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Probably nexus 6

As much as i like the new note4, I will not be locked into Samsung TW roms by their KNOX/bootloader crap
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
iphone 6+ out of those devices

note 4 and nexus 6 is impractical for my purposes.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
al3x89 wrote: iPhone 6+ wins due to one thing:

camera.

slo-mo recording is hands down my favourite feature.
Samsung Note 3 had slowmo too, same with Note 4.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Why slo-mo is so great? What do you normally record using your phone? Just curious.

As for the discussion, it's a pity that the Note 4 being so expensive and not waterproof.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41794 posts
30053 upvotes
Center of Universe
Note 4 Edge!
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
jvnanu wrote: Isn't "Super AMOLED" simply a Samsung trademark? The super doesn't actually mean anything.

Yes super amoled is samsung name trademark but its also a technology patent as it is different from amoled.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Note 4 Edge!
I'd say Note 5 Edge. I doubt we'll get the Note 4 Edge and if we did, still I'd suggest waiting for 2nd gen for the improvements that came from the feedback of owning the first gen.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I will go for Huawei Mate 7 around X'Mas time if it drops to around a more competitive rate of ~ $400.
It has top notch spec as other flagships. But if it has no price advantage over the other well known flagships, there will be few takers
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
TheSpottedBanana wrote: Why is the OnePlus One not on this list?
I just picked the top three large screen phones, One-plus one, Lg G3, etc... don't have the same hype to them as Nexus, Note and iPhone. I also didn't include the option "none of the above" As I was just looking for votes strictly between these three devices. People who don't want any of these phones can just not vote or leave a comment.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: Probably nexus 6

As much as i like the new note4, I will not be locked into Samsung TW roms by their KNOX/bootloader crap
Actually Touchwiz on the Note 4 is really useful. These days google is playing catchup with Samsung, they are introducing features in Lollipop that Samsung has had for a while.