• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2012 1:01 pm
Tags:
Sep 28, 2008
305 posts
22 upvotes
Rainne wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:51 pm
Some people don't realize accessories such as scarves, beanies, gloves and thermo layers exist.
So true.
DebtsDebtsDebts wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:10 am
Pea coat if you wanna impress your boss/coworkers

Bomber down jacket if you wanna impress girls/friends.

Whats more important for you? You decide.
Doesn't apply to people out of high school.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1254 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
I own a sterlingwear and a post ww2 vintage kersey peacoat. They are both very warm with the latter being superior. They are much warmer than any burberry or current designer peacoat. If you are shopping for a warm peacoat either go vintage or buy a heavy sterlingwear or similar.
kthxbye
Sep 14, 2005
600 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
DebtsDebtsDebts wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:27 am
Nobody likes leather jackets anymore?

So are leather jackets out of style now?
I agree with you that Leather Jackets are awesome and I've been keeping my closet a secret on this forum.. dont want copycats lol. I've been wearing my fav leather jacket when its not snowing. Loving it... Probably going to catch on in the next few years.

For those who like peacoat style and winter jacket, there is the Nobis Kato
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43214 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
ghostfacechilla wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:34 pm
I agree with you that Leather Jackets are awesome and I've been keeping my closet a secret on this forum.. dont want copycats lol. I've been wearing my fav leather jacket when its not snowing. Loving it... Probably going to catch on in the next few years.

For those who like peacoat style and winter jacket, there is the Nobis Kato
Yeah you can just remove the fur/hood and it'll be a true peacoat.
Banned
Nov 22, 2012
210 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Rainne wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:51 pm
Some people don't realize accessories such as scarves, beanies, gloves and thermo layers exist.
agree'd. ive started to noticed that people are wearing less accessories. like i still wear long johns...
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2757 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Are people just posting expensive ***** they see on the Internet or you guys actually own or heard about these garments
Banned
Nov 22, 2012
210 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
this is RFD fashion & apparel section. of course we know and heard or maybe own these garments.
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes
Currently saving for a ToJ minimalist double rider. Guessing it'll cost ~$800 but to me it's worth saving up and splurging on one quality piece.

http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=5529

Rocking a CG Chilliwack in a light army green colourway and a H&M peacoat at the moment.
Oct 25, 2012
203 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 2:02 am
I personally don't think so. I don't have any experience with Danier, but I receive their flyers once in a while and some of their offerings seem to be aimed for cold urban winters. I have no idea how they'd hold up though.

I wear a Guess leather jacket and tolerate -15°C daytime highs with it. Only if the daytime high is below that will I actually wear a down-filled arctic grade parka such as one of my Canada Goose jackets or CMFR parka.

Winter 2008-2009 was a somewhat mild one here (not many days below -15°C) so I practically got away with that leather jacket the entire season. In contrast, 2011-2012 was absolutely frigid here and the cold spell wouldn't let up, which had me wearing CG and CMFR for weeks on end with no break.

I would love a Sterlingwear Authentic peacoat (http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/index. ... 0&parent=1). The Authentic purportedly is their warmest offering. I dare it to take me down to -20°C (with a scarf, hat, and gloves). Challenge accepted!

Take it from me as I own a sterlingwear authentic. Anything below -10 you NEED something warmer EVEN with layering. All these guys talking about oh all you need is a peacoat even below -10 is hilarious.
PSN - Meditech82
Oct 25, 2012
203 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
DebtsDebtsDebts wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 7:10 pm
Pea coat if you wanna impress your boss/coworkers

Bomber down jacket if you wanna impress girls/friends.

Whats more important for you? You decide.
Stupid advice but hey given the nature of this thread why not.... :P
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2757 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
jizzbruh wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 6:14 am
this is RFD fashion & apparel section. of course we know and heard or maybe own these garments.
Thanks for the troll answer. Let me clarify what I mean is are people posting garments because they actually heard good things (via other forums) of the specific garment - Not posting because its expensive and its YSL, which is expensive (an example)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
3925 posts
383 upvotes
I love how everybody in RFD boasts about their awesome winter jacket but nobody here ever talks about keeping their legs warm... rofl.

Oh wait I guess everybody have short legs so they don't need to be warm. Sorry.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1254 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
I actually wear jeans all year long o.0

I don't find my legs get cold. I don't own a down jacket so I've always just worn a sweater and a wool coat on top. It works for me. I'm never really stuck outside for longer than 20 minutes though. Last time I owned a down jacket was wen I was in elementary school.
kthxbye
× < >