Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.

Your used clothing...

... that you no longer fit into, like etc. What do you do with it? Sell it? Donate it? Trash it?
I am going to be doing a major purge of my stuff and arent sure what to do. Im thinking of either listing it all on kiji for few $$$ for the lot or just donating it but arent sure where to?
15 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If it's still in good condition, I just donate it or drop it off at a local donation bin.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
If you have menswear in good condition, toss it on Grailed to earn a few yuan
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
would get it altered if its worth keeping (i.e. suits). if not then sell it if it has value. if else give it away to family then donate the rest.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
If you go to a second-hand store they usually set the price at 40% of retail and then give you 40% of that so you will recoup $16 on a $100 item. They only take better (i.e., office-appropriate) clothes though.

Value Village offers a pickup service through partner charities and you can get rid of the dregs that way.
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
I have the same question, anyone has had any luck selling these things using kijiji ?

I have some nice clothes, in very good condition, but don't fit me anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
motomondo wrote: I have the same question, anyone has had any luck selling these things using kijiji ?

I have some nice clothes, in very good condition, but don't fit me anymore.
pretty sure you'd be able to pawn those off
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: ... Im thinking of...donating it but arent sure where to?
http://www.diabetes.ca/how-you-can-help/clothesline

There are various for-profit donation bins placed side-by-side with legitimate charity donation bins around Mississauga public areas. If you don't know which bins are the legitimate charity ones, just use the above link, 'cuz that one is legit.
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
I usually give it to close family members that will be able to fit .
Jan 13, 2007
603 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Plato's closet - you can turn some good coin if your clothes are in good condition and well branded for teens. theyre mostly looking for winter now. they like prep teen brands (ie. abercrombie, AE, tommy, J crew, nike, etc)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Keep them.

I have a jacket that was slightly too big and pants that were too tight. After doing 2 months of weight training and cardio they fit me perfectly now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
spena wrote: would get it altered if its worth keeping (i.e. suits). if not then sell it if it has value. if else give it away to family then donate the rest.
Agree with your suggestions-alter or rework the clothing into "new to you" clothing before moving items into donation/rag or sale streams.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
cRaZyRaVr wrote: ... that you no longer fit into, like etc. What do you do with it? Sell it? Donate it? Trash it?
I am going to be doing a major purge of my stuff and arent sure what to do. Im thinking of either listing it all on kiji for few $$$ for the lot or just donating it but arent sure where to?
Goodwill Toronto will be coming back in 2017. But see if you might be able to move some of the clothing into a local community or school clothing drive (esp. for back to school-some post-secondary schools' student associations might have secondhand closets to help students in need). There is always a need for clothing that is in good condition.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote: Keep them.

I have a jacket that was slightly too big and pants that were too tight. After doing 2 months of weight training and cardio they fit me perfectly now.
Does this mean the rest of your other jackets are now slightly too tight, and your other pants too loose now?