Off Topic

'Your Ward News' editor and publisher facing hate crime charges, scheduled to appear in court on December 20, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 8:03 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30698 posts
7569 upvotes
GTHA

'Your Ward News' editor and publisher facing hate crime charges, scheduled to appear in court on December 20, 2017

Editor and publisher of Your Ward News facing hate charges
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2017/11/15/y ... e-charges/

I have never read this newspaper, anyone here read it?
12 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38321 posts
3113 upvotes
Toronto
I've read it... its a newspaper from the looney bin. I swear the writers must be mad!
They don't outright say it... but its lretty blunt.
Not "i hate women!!"
But perhaps somethinf along the lines of "women are degrading society and should only make sandwiches".

They get distributed in the east end to unsuspecting people. I got approached at work and was given one. I dont ever cause a scene. I usually take the materialand thrash it afterwards.

The person handing out these papers had torn/dirty clothing. He sounded like he has some sort of learning disability. His speech was like that of a child and gis posture/mannerism was unconventional.

Thats the kinda people this guy tried to recruit into his beliefs. I believe he's also the head of the communist party of toronto.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18546 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
This stuff is gold:
So why does Canada not copy
Russia? Why are we not issuing a
book with delicious pork-based
recipes to everyone entering the
country? For years missionaries
have used food to convert third world
peasants to Christianity (Christ used
fish)—back bacon and pork tourtiere
are a good first step to bringing
Muslims and Jews to Jesus Christ.

http://www.yourwardnews.ca/ywn_fall_2017.pdf
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4158 posts
583 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:19 pm
I've read it... its a newspaper from the looney bin. I swear the writers must be mad!
lol ... yep, it is over the top ...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6685 posts
239 upvotes
I can't even follow what's going on in that "publication". That person either has some form of delusion or they are extremely creative. Every page is like a bigoted piece of art work.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
There's always gonna be stupid people, hate crime? Meh. Just as dumb.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38321 posts
3113 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:25 pm
This stuff is gold:

http://www.yourwardnews.ca/ywn_fall_2017.pdf
lubmar wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:47 am

lol ... yep, it is over the top ...
hugh_da_man wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 2:19 pm
I can't even follow what's going on in that "publication". That person either has some form of delusion or they are extremely creative. Every page is like a bigoted piece of art work.
Yeah. Its a newspaper from bizzaro world.
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 2:23 pm
There's always gonna be stupid people, hate crime? Meh. Just as dumb.
The stuff is offensive. One thing to make a publication or post stuff online. Whoever actually wants to read it can access it.

. But this guy mass mails it using canada post business services! Thats why he's getting heat.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18546 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 7:27 pm
Yeah. Its a newspaper from bizzaro world.

The stuff is offensive. One thing to make a publication or post stuff online. Whoever actually wants to read it can access it.

. But this guy mass mails it using canada post business services! Thats why he's getting heat.
I believe Canada Post now refuses to mail it out. Hence his outrage.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18546 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
Am I the only one amused at the responses? The stuff he writes can be found repeated verbatim in dozens of posts here in off topic. I strongly suspect a lot of the feigned outrage is just that, feigned. I can name at least half a dozen posters who would agree with the stuff in the newsletter.

We “tolerant” alien ethnicities and
religions to the point where we are
suiciding our culture. Living in
Canada is a privilege to be earned,
not a right to anyone with a pulse.
We must dismantle “multiculturalism”
and “diversity”, and encourage
assimilation by making the
maintenance of a foreign culture or
religion on Canadian soil as
inconvenient and unpleasant as
possible (I would start by offering
driver‟s tests only in English, French
or Aboriginal languages). When
coming to a new country the
IMMIGRANT should have to
“tolerate” the “unpleasantness” of life
upheaval, like my father did, rather
the host people suffering that fate.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
5993 posts
1226 upvotes
It looks like a troll publication. I wonder why he prints and circulates it instead of digitally publishing the stuff, or having a dedicated website/blog.

http://www.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetails/Jam ... 5673-59651 --> Does he talk about this?

I have to admit, I was ready to dismiss him as complete nut but he does not come across to me as completely insane or stupid.

In which case...shit-stirrers like this test the limits of what we should consider acceptable by way of free speech, and I'm not yet convinced that he absolutely needs to be censored.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38321 posts
3113 upvotes
Toronto
peanutz wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 9:57 pm
It looks like a troll publication. I wonder why he prints and circulates it instead of digitally publishing the stuff, or having a dedicated website/blog.

http://www.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetails/Jam ... 5673-59651 --> Does he talk about this?

I have to admit, I was ready to dismiss him as complete nut but he does not come across to me as completely insane or stupid.

In which case...shit-stirrers like this test the limits of what we should consider acceptable by way of free speech, and I'm not yet convinced that he absolutely needs to be censored.
He is actually an educated medical doctor in canada...
He lost his license to practice because he sexually harassed women.

The offensive material is fine. But its the way it gets shoved into peoples face which is boarder line harrassment.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
184 upvotes
peanutz wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 9:57 pm
Just cause a man appears to look professional in both manner and speech doesn’t mean he could be insane and neurotic. He wants to win over people then he’s gotta show his best side for while before turns into a man-eater. ;)
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:01 pm
He is actually an educated medical doctor in canada...
He lost his license to practice because he sexually harassed women.
Looks like he has hard time finding the middle.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18546 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:01 pm
He is actually an educated medical doctor in canada..
Barely. From what I read he only practiced a few years as a medical officer in the military until the ontario college suspended his license.

He also worked as a pick up artist publishing crap like Roosh and company

Went by the name of dr. Dimitri or Dimitri love I believe.

He now runs his own party.

http://www.ncparty.ca/leader.html

I am incorruptible, uncompromising, tenacious, fanatical, loyal and unwavering in my devotion to the party’s platform. My depth of knowledge across a broad range of topics, combined with my linguistic mastery and public speaking abilities, enable me to effortlessly articulate and communicate the party’s platform, in language that the majority of people can grasp and be inspired by. I am so knowledgeable that I need not rely upon written notes, instead delivering speeches spontaneously with the ability to adapt content and delivery style to my audience’s minute-by-minute response. My debate skills have proven to be unrivalled. My mere presence in the proximity of an opponent will often turn them into a nervous wreck.