Computers & Electronics

YouTube disappearing from some Amazon devices Jan 1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 2:01 pm
4 replies
Jul 3, 2017
372 posts
205 upvotes
Just what we need. Next you'll have to buy a CBS-branded TV to watch CBS shows, shows that Bell has the rights to in Canada won't play on Rogers Cable etc.
Jan 10, 2017
395 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
Just cause Amazon won't release their services to Google and sell Google products in their store.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7660 posts
291 upvotes
Brampton
This is terrible. I’ve been using the fire tv for quite a while but with this I will have to again look for alternatives. Too bad as only recently it became official for Canada.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
21757 posts
2453 upvotes
Google is pretty well known for this. Hence why there's no YouTube app on Windows Mobile (Windows Phone) and the official one MS did make at one point, Google made it so it couldn't work so there is none now :rolleyes: You can of course get 3rd party apps that will work, which I'm sure will happen with these Amazon devices as well? Apart from that on WP you can just use mobile browser to view the site/watch vids that way, without an app. It looks like the same thing is certainly possible with Echo Show and FireTV. I don't really understand why Google engages in this crap but it's what they do; of course in this case Amazon is somewhat to blame as well as they refuse to carry Google products by the sounds of it.

I'm not sure why there's so much competition in these silly "talk-to" devices anyway. I don't understand why people even buy them? For $40-100 they seem like a gimmicky novelty that will be fun to use for two days and then just sit there collecting dust. But that's just my $0.02 on those things.