Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

YouTube Premium – $9.99/month CAD ($2 OFF) – ONLY for current Google Play Music Subscribers

Banned
Dec 17, 2015
141 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

YouTube Premium – $9.99/month CAD ($2 OFF) – ONLY for current Google Play Music Subscribers

Price:
9.99/month
Savings:
$2 Off
*MUST BE A CURRENT GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC SUBSCRIBER*

So I called Google Play (make sure you ask to speak to the YouTube Premium team) and told them I had a 3-months free coupon. They said it expired last month, I insisted they look into something for me because I've been on Google Play Music for 2 years and they immediately offered me YouTube premium for $9.99 per month. They email you a one-time use link that activates the deal. I have a feeling they are doing this to help people with the transition to their platform. It was a very formal process so I'm certain this wasn't something unique to me.

Use this link to request a call: https://support.google.com/googleplay/c ... adding_fop

Good luck! I hope you're able to secure the deal.
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.21.52 AM.png
318 replies
Jul 11, 2017
960 posts
1278 upvotes
$10/month to watch YouTube good lord!
Nov 29, 2006
481 posts
191 upvotes
Bella125 wrote: $10/month to watch YouTube good lord!
That comes with unlimited music streaming as well (like Spotify or Apple Music).
Oct 24, 2017
331 posts
782 upvotes
Background playback, offline download, and it's ad-free. I think $5/month would be a better price point for it though.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
Converged wrote: That comes with unlimited music streaming as well (like Spotify or Apple Music).
Can you listen while your phone screen is off?
Jun 24, 2016
695 posts
703 upvotes
Wooooosh!

I don't recommend commenting on things you know nothing about.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27109 posts
37052 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Can you listen while your phone screen is off?
FireTube .apk, find it on Google.

Job done.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2814 posts
3131 upvotes
Toronto
Wait, so you need to be GPM subscriber ($10, or $15 for family), and you pay another $10 to get YT Premium?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Google is transitioning from GPM to Youtube Music, but they still haven't sorted out the tangle of confusion between services, especially for Canada. It's still GPM for your Google Home speakers in Canada.
Jan 17, 2006
959 posts
302 upvotes
Mississauga
jasonchewy wrote: Wait, so you need to be GPM subscriber ($10, or $15 for family), and you pay another $10 to get YT Premium?
No, the YT Premium replaces the GPM subscription, you'll continue to have full access to GPM.

I made the switch already (family plan), basically the day it became available and quite happy with it...

People suggesting all those workarounds, thanks, they solve one of the many issues with not having the subscription (background play) but definitely not all and they are all a PITA! things I enjoy with the subscription:

- No YT ads anywhere (phones, Home streaming, Android Auto, Shield Android TVs, etc.)
- Android Auto (use it every single day), no YT integration yet but the GPM integration works really well for me, no fiddling around with the phone while driving. Eventually they'll add YT integration too I guess...
- My kids don't have to watch ads on YT Kids and they only get 1 hour so they don't waste it on ads.
- Works beautiful to stream music with Home devices.
- I Share it with my brother, sister and a friend with no downsides (you plus 5 people) so its actually just a couple bucks a month each.
- Avoid installing shady apks with potential malware, crazy permissions, etc. Google already owns me and my data, I prefer not to give it to some unknown Russian guy too..

I honestly do not use the backgroud play at all which is a very popular feature, I mostly listen to music in the car or at home and both of them work so much better using the Google Home and Android Auto. There is also the YT Originals, I think there is only like 1 show that is actually good but I have never watched it, I guess if they eventually start creating good Originals like Netflix then it'll be a good to have too...
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2814 posts
3131 upvotes
Toronto
Lumute wrote: No, the YT Premium replaces the GPM subscription, you'll continue to have full access to GPM.

I made the switch already (family plan), basically the day it became available and quite happy with it...

People suggesting all those workarounds, thanks, they solve one of the many issues with not having the subscription but definitely not all and they are all a PITA! things I enjoy with the subscription:

- No YT ads anywhere (phones, Home streaming, Android Auto, Shield Android TVs, etc.)
- Android Auto (use it every single day), no YT integration yet but the GPM integration works really well for me, no fiddling around with the phone while driving. Eventually they'll add YT integration too I guess...
- My kids don't have to watch ads on YT Kids and they only get 1 hour so they don't waste it on ads.
- I Share it with my brother, sister and a friend with no downsides (you plus 5 people) so its actually just a couple bucks a month each.
- Avoid installing shady apks with potential malware, crazy permissions, etc. Google already owns me and my data, I prefer not to give it to some unknown Russian guy too..
Ah, I see. So $17 vs $15 to add on YouTube "Video" portion for the family plan.
Oddly, I rarely ever see ads on youtube right now, so I'll stick to my music plan for now.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
725 upvotes
I have both YouTube Premium and Apple Music. YouTube Premium is so handy for playing music on the Google Home, and Apple Music for the Apple Watch on runs.

Denied, the rep said there was no such promo for existing customers.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1401 posts
3722 upvotes
New Brunswick
My big use right now is mobile ad-less YouTube, GPM, and oddly YouTube Music. There's tons of music I've liked on YT but couldn't find on GPM, and I'm able to listen to it audio-only which is awesome.

Still wouldn't say it's worth it for YT Red shows; maybe Cobra Kai, but not much else.
Dec 9, 2008
109 posts
57 upvotes
Victoria
Lumute wrote: No, the YT Premium replaces the GPM subscription, you'll continue to have full access to GPM.

People suggesting all those workarounds, thanks, they solve one of the many issues with not having the subscription (background play) but definitely not all and they are all a PITA! things I enjoy with the subscription:

I honestly do not use the backgroud play at all which is a very popular feature, I mostly listen to music in the car or at home and both of them work so much better using the Google Home and Android Auto. There is also the YT Originals, I think there is only like 1 show that is actually good but I have never watched it, I guess if they eventually start creating good Originals like Netflix then it'll be a good to have too...
I was going to look into this, but I read something about Google doing random location checks to make sure that all users of the family plan are located at the same house?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2217 posts
438 upvotes
zylonite wrote: I have found Google support (experienced with google Drive) really bad. Not worth the hassle honestly. I will hold on to my $7.99 music legacy plan.
I also have the legacy plan but think it's probably worth the 2 bucks more a month for Premium. Maybe $9.99 will become the new legacy price for Premium years down the line when GPM is no more.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5542 posts
3058 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone else had success getting YT Premium for $9.99/month? I currently paying that for GPM with YT Music. For the same price, I would like those other services.
This isn't a blog.
Aug 13, 2018
4 posts
8 upvotes
Screw this. Google promised GPM subscribers that they'd be upgraded to YouTube Red for free. There was no region stipulation. I called Google Support about this when YouTube Premium first released and they refused to upgrade me, saying they felt they gave consumers enough notice. I think I might eventually switch back to Google Play Music, but right now I have Spotify for 3 months for which I paid only a dollar.

I'm sick of Google and their lies. Their support is awful too.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
Omesuri wrote: Wooooosh!

I don't recommend commenting on things you know nothing about.
This is a free country. And everyone on RFD is free to comment on deals.
I recommend anyone to voice their opinion

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)