• Dec 14th, 2018 3:45 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7867 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto

Youtube song copyright issues

I was at the Cavalcade of Lights on Saturday, and I recorded and uploaded the fireworks show to youtube. There were 3 songs played during the show, all of which were detected by youtube. Two of them are okay as long as I don't monetize the video for myself, but the third one "Respect" is blocking the video from being public/viewable.

I noticed there is another youtube video uploaded by another user... has the same audio quality and there is no copyright issue with that video.

Can someone provide insight on why my video is detected but the posted video got through the copyright detection?

I know the youtube editor has a tool to remove the music, but that pretty much ruins the video.
3 replies
May 20, 2012
10 posts
TORONTO
Sometimes people do really strange things to the audio file so that Youtube doesn't notice it and doesn't make the claim.

Also, sometimes the algorithm just doesn't trigger. It's a weird system.
Dec 9, 2018
4 posts
I agree with the post above. Sometimes it is hard to find the reason... Try to reload your video again. And fulfill the description of the video with information about the band etc.
It can help if you do not use the video for monetization.
Dec 9, 2018
13 posts
I'd try to reload the video. If they keep insisting that it's a copyright, then maybe voice over it. Alternatively, remove the music and apply some tracks that suit the atmosphere of the show. There are plenty of free tunes in the YouTube media collection.