YYZ To SIN *Singapore Early June Air Canada United $800RT Short Stops 1Stop

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 3:05 am
Aug 29, 2010
186 posts
143 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
May 10th, 2019 4:56 pm
Been this price for a long time, but it’s certainly not the regular price. I have been watching this for a few months now.

Last week it went down to $715 with ANA. Got an alert from Scott’s cheap flights. $800 is good, but $715 with ANA is very hot.
That's pretty hot price but do you know what's hotter? Singapore in June. It's so humid and hot, I remember last time I was there in June, I forced myself to sleep during the day and do things at night as I couldn't bear the heat.
Mar 11, 2018
278 posts
138 upvotes
June is in the midst of the hot and dryer season. Otherwise, go during january during the wet monsoon season if you’d prefer wet and humid but cooler. Singapore isnt that hot though as you never really get too much direct sunlight in the city areas.
Jan 19, 2017
64 posts
67 upvotes
I was in Singapore during early March a few years ago and one morning hit 38 so if one is to go visit, you truly find out your tolerance for true warm weather versus Canada warm weather. I thought I was going to burst into flames BTW.
Apr 20, 2017
437 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Great price. Usually, it costs around 1200+ CAD for the round trip.
Sep 21, 2009
29 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
FYI $800 RT price is also currently available for August, September, October, and November 2019 from what I can see - check Google Flights- make sure to select a stopover in SFO that gives you enough connecting time as well
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1505 posts
310 upvotes
i went when air china had their 450$ deal. XD
i miss singapore so much - actually, their food. i loved going to those mini malls with hole in a wall type restaurants. i really crave the roti prata with cheese + curry and fried oysters :'( and they were like 2 bux each too.
So instead, I watch "street food" on netflix and reminisce...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8715 posts
8867 upvotes
jessicacha wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 11:48 am
i went when air china had their 450$ deal. XD
i miss singapore so much - actually, their food. i loved going to those mini malls with hole in a wall type restaurants. i really crave the roti prata with cheese + curry and fried oysters :'( and they were like 2 bux each too.
So instead, I watch "street food" on netflix and reminisce...
It's a brilliant place. I'm trying to find a way to do business there so I can make the visit a compulsory part of my year.

Next time you go, enjoy Orchard Tower... during the day-time....
Jul 20, 2011
32 posts
21 upvotes
Everywhere is air conditioned and there are pools at all hotels, ocean, the whole island is covered in trees. Amazing place to visit . It’s tropical warm. Lived there for 20years not many other countries I would want to live in besides Canada and Singapore. You adapt to the heat .
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8715 posts
8867 upvotes
Canada01Singapore wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 1:22 pm
Everywhere is air conditioned and there are pools at all hotels, ocean, the whole island is covered in trees. Amazing place to visit . It’s tropical warm. Lived there for 20years not many other countries I would want to live in besides Canada and Singapore. You adapt to the heat .
Strange who these threads pull in. There are times when I enjoy a work-a-day Houston locale, but places like Singapore inspire the imagination.
Mar 11, 2018
278 posts
138 upvotes
I can’t see how anyone, even those who are intolerant to heat, would be suffering much in a place like singapore when most places are either underground, indoors, and air conditioned. It’s not like you’re visiting a country with nature and national parks where you’re out in the elements exploring all day.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1257 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
MeatJuice wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:18 am
June is in the midst of the hot and dryer season. Otherwise, go during january during the wet monsoon season if you’d prefer wet and humid but cooler. Singapore isnt that hot though as you never really get too much direct sunlight in the city areas.
Sorry but I have to disagree here. Singapore is HOT and HUMID all year long. There are no seasons or cooler months.

Yes, there is SLIGHTLY more rain Nov-Jan but take a look at the average temperature per month and you will see it's all within 31C +/- 1degC all year long.
Mar 11, 2018
278 posts
138 upvotes
VertigoM wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 1:37 pm
Sorry but I have to disagree here. Singapore is HOT and HUMID all year long. There are no seasons or cooler months.

Yes, there is SLIGHTLY more rain Nov-Jan but take a look at the average temperature per month and you will see it's all within 31C +/- 1degC all year long.
I fly there quite often and spend many years around the region. Spend some real time there rather than look at weather reports and you’ll see. For some, perhaps it’s just the human insulation factor. If you think singapore is hot and humid, you would die in a place like borneo.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1257 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
MeatJuice wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 1:40 pm
I fly there quite often and spend many years around the region. Spend some real time there rather than look at weather reports and you’ll see. For some, perhaps it’s just the human insulation factor. If you think singapore is hot and humid, you would die in a place like borneo.
LOL... I lived there for 6 years, so yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the weather. Maybe you should try living there throughout the year before commenting? And yes, it's hot and humid all year, especially relative to anywhere in Canada or for anyone who lives in Canada.

It's a fallacy that it's "cooler" in the monsoon months!

PS: I never said Singapore is the hottest or most humid place on earth, and yes I've been to hotter areas (Thailand/Cambodia).
Mar 11, 2018
278 posts
138 upvotes
VertigoM wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 2:08 pm
LOL... I lived there for 6 years, so yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the weather. Maybe you should try living there throughout the year before commenting? And yes, it's hot and humid all year, especially relative to anywhere in Canada or for anyone who lives in Canada.

It's a fallacy that it's "cooler" in the monsoon months!
If you lived there for 6 years then you should know better. For an equatorial country, you are exposed to far less solar radiation when you’re outside and you’re sheltered with climate control in any developed area. It’s a lot more comfortable than the other countries in the vicinity even strolling down the street during mid day. But then again, this depends on how fleshy and insulated you are which would likely be the contributing factor if you’re bothered by the heat and humidity even during monsoon season.

Fyi, I’ve lived in the region many years and certainly more than you’ve been there. In a place like singapore, you can even start losing your tan.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8715 posts
8867 upvotes
MeatJuice wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 2:16 pm
Fyi, I’ve lived in the region many years and certainly more than you’ve been there. In a place like singapore, you can even start losing your tan.
Folks don't get this unless they live or work in Singapore, there are plenty of pasty people over there. Definitely a big indoor work culture there, but there's also a 'life' culture as well.

Folks are quick to denigrate both Singapore and Dubai, both fantastic locales, because they're 'soulless'.

Utter non-sense.