Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

YYZ To SIN *Singapore Early June Air Canada United $800RT Short Stops 1Stop

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 3:05 am
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: Those two cities were build on modern slavery. 2019 and women still have no rights.
These are the statements that grown men in 2019 utter. Very sad.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on May 30th, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1734 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Just came back from Singapore a few days ago. I thought it was pretty hot but it was quite breezy, when I was there, so it was more tolerable.
My other friends who went there a few weeks before I did said it was really hot and they had to take naps or hide in malls during the day.
I was in Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh before I went to Singapore and it felt much hotter IMO.

However, walking around in the heat/humidity really wore me down. I'd have to go into gift shops pretty often just to get a break from the heat. Guess my body wasn't really adapting well to the heat (might be due to exhaustion and lack of sleep) and I had a hard time cooling down even in places with A/C.

edit:
Also flew with United and AC on my way back.
United flight was packed, it was pretty much completely booked. Flew on "dreamliner" or something like that. It was a newer aircraft and it was comfortable enough. I'm pretty small so can't comment on how spacious the seats were.
I had a 1.5 hr layover in SFO and the check-in gate? was closed by the time I got through security. Luckily my bag is small enough to be taken as a carry-on and I didn't have any liquids. Not sure what would have happened if I had a bottle of wine or something in my bag. Flew with AC, flight was pretty empty. Most people got an entire row to themselves. They didn't offer anything for the flight and most things had to be paid for.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
For those familiar with SFO layover, a family member is going to Taipei from Toronto, AC then United layover about 1.5 hours in SFO, is it enough? Baggage checked to Taipei from Toronto? Any insight is appreciated TIA
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
apvm wrote: For those familiar with SFO layover, a family member is going to Taipei from Toronto, AC then United layover about 1.5 hours in SFO, is it enough? Baggage checked to Taipei from Toronto? Any insight is appreciated TIA
the poster right above you also had a 1.5 hr layover in SFO and the check-in gate was closed getting through security. 1.5hr at US airport is too tight IMO.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1734 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
apvm wrote: For those familiar with SFO layover, a family member is going to Taipei from Toronto, AC then United layover about 1.5 hours in SFO, is it enough? Baggage checked to Taipei from Toronto? Any insight is appreciated TIA
Too tight IMO. I flew from Singapore to SFO and had a 1.5 hour layover and couldn't check my bag as the check-in closed before I got there. AFAIK Check-in gate closes an hour before flight departs, that leaves 30 minutes to get through security and find the check-in gate, so unless there's very few people at security you won't be able to check your bag for second leg of flight.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
trixR4kids wrote:
the poster right above you also had a 1.5 hr layover in SFO and the check-in gate was closed getting through security. 1.5hr at US airport is too tight IMO.
o1jellybean wrote: Too tight IMO. I flew from Singapore to SFO and had a 1.5 hour layover and couldn't check my bag as the check-in closed before I got there. AFAIK Check-in gate closes an hour before flight departs, that leaves 30 minutes to get through security and find the check-in gate, so unless there's very few people at security you won't be able to check your bag for second leg of flight.
Thanks for the reply, I know incoming (back to Toronto) will be close or not enough for 1.5 hours (baggage will be checked to SFO instead of Toronto) but I was told outgoing is different story since my understanding is baggage will be checked to destination and not SFO. So my question is when you left for Singapore from Toronto and layover in SFO, did you have to pick up your checked luggage and was it checked to Singapore? and how long was the layover? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1734 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
apvm wrote: Thanks for the reply, I know incoming (back to Toronto) will be close or not enough for 1.5 hours (baggage will be checked to SFO instead of Toronto) but I was told outgoing is different story since my understanding is baggage will be checked to destination and not SFO. So my question is when you left for Singapore from Toronto and layover in SFO, did you have to pick up your checked luggage and was it checked to Singapore? and how long was the layover? Thanks.
I didn't check luggage on my way there so I can't comment on that and my layover into asia was through Chicago.
However, I thought it was the same procedure no matter what. If you have a layover in the US you have to collect your bags and then go through security again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
o1jellybean wrote: I didn't check luggage on my way there so I can't comment on that and my layover into asia was through Chicago.
However, I thought it was the same procedure no matter what. If you have a layover in the US you have to collect your bags and then go through security again.
No problem and thanks anyway. Since family member's ticket is purchased through UA and issued as one ticket, I think UA will take care of matters if anything goes wrong.
Dec 19, 2008
296 posts
242 upvotes
if the layover in SFO is on the way over it should not be an issue as you are doing all of the US customs/security check in toronto so no big deal when you get to a US airport just head over to your new gate, on the way back over it will be a different story as you will prob have to go through US customs and security in SFO and recheck your luggage
May 22, 2018
255 posts
455 upvotes
Ontario
Spaceballs wrote: Those two cities were build on modern slavery. 2019 and women still have no rights.
Hmmm weird, as a female expat who grew up in Abu Dhabi, I recall having plenty of rights....
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2113 posts
1262 upvotes
Singapore is also built basically on slavery as well. All of the laborious work is done by Indians that are imported in for the sole purpose of working for almost no money and then sent back home once the work is done. There is no minimum wage in Singapore and the imported workers have very little rights. Gender equality is not comparable to those others your pointed out.

Edit: Here is an article to back this up: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/24/asia ... index.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)