• Nov 8th, 2014 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 1, 2006
901 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga

Zalman Bankruptcy MIR

Zalman filed for bankruptcy today so just a warning with the MIRs. Looks like NCIX is trying to sell off their inventory, some with very big MIR. Even if a third party handles the MIR, I think it's pretty risky from the comments I've read of other people dealing with companies that filed for bankruptcy and had pending MIR.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
blainehamilton wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Stores are likely going to try and really push out any inventory they have by black Friday. Have to factor prices in with no rebates.
or warranties.

What do Zalman make these days? I remember buying a few fans from them when modding was my vice.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
I really like the look of a lot of their cases. Debated a few with MIRs recently, but decided to hold off for BF / Cyber Monday sales.
Glad I did after reading this... just in case.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
anybody really cares about warranty on computer case?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2470 posts
3646 upvotes
Quebec
Supercooled wrote: or warranties.

What do Zalman make these days? I remember buying a few fans from them when modding was my vice.
Mostly fans,they made few computer cases as well
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
zijin_cheng wrote: http://www.maximumpc.com/zalman_claims_ ... false_2014

Zalman claims rumours are completely false.
_They say_ the rumours are completely false, but the are having 'financial difficulties'... huh.
Zalman tells Maximum PC that the bankruptcy rumors are "completely false," and while there are some "financial difficulties due to the recent troubles experienced by Moneual, Zalman is not going bankrupt," plain and simple. Furthermore, if you currently own a Zalman product that's under warranty, nothing is changing -- existing products will continue to be covered as usual.

We're also told that Zalman will release a more in-depth statement later this month to explain "the recent scandals in Korea" by Moneual, but in the meantime, the company will continue to operate as normal. In fact, Zalman tells us to be on the lookout for its new Z11 Neo PC case, which is headed to the North American market soon.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
Ottomaddox wrote: _They say_ the rumours are completely false, but the are having 'financial difficulties'... huh.
I thought those rumours were indeed false but then I read the comments, and they made sense.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1048 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
Just a notice to Canadians regarding getting RMA/Support from Zalman (TL, DR: Zalman's RMA/Support phone #1-888-925-6266 is USA only - call from Google Voice):

I purchased a Zalman LQ-310 Liquid Cooling Setup which was missing some black clips required for it to be mounted. By the time I was installing it, it was outside of the return policy of CanadaComputers.

I contacted Zalman via the RMA form on their website, waited a few weeks, no response. Tried calling the USA based number - it said 'the number was not assigned.' I thought - Uh-Oh

I then sent an email to every Zalman email address I could find (USA, Europe, Japan, China, Korea, etc), with all the details required for the RMA, and a week later received a RMA confirmation for me to send the entire setup to California. I became a bit weary as the email was sent using roadrunner's SMTP servers, a bit odd for a large company.

I emailed them back that I would like to talk to somebody regarding this, explaining I tried calling and the number on all warranty information is out of service (it was in the RMA email they sent me as well). No response.

I then remembered that Google Voice offered free USA calling, called them via that, and what do you know, it rang! It seems that Zalman's Toll-Free number does not work in Canada, but is strictly for the USA. I was able to speak to somebody, and we agreed that I didn't need to send off the entire unit to them, they would just send me an accessory package with the required parts. I was told to expect them by next Friday, no later. Will update when I receive them.

I am hoping the bankruptcy rumours are not true, as I have always loved their products!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)