None
[OP]
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York

Zazeen IPTV.

well it's been a while since their launch.
anyone actually using it?
care to share a video or a mini review?
i know there are ones on youtube from zazeen themselves but i would like an actual customer or unbiased review.
curious to see if other ISP's will follow suit.
94 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3129 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
[QUOTE]Do I have to get internet from Acanac to get IPTV?
Yes, you need to have internet access from either Acanac.ca or Distributel.ca[/QUOTE]

Was interested but that kills the deal for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2777 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
Interested in knowing how this service is as well. Not willing to beta test their product for $40/mth + $85 for a box I'll throw in the garbage if I don't like their service.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17622 posts
1729 upvotes
Space for rent
Isn't the price ($39.99) comparable to Bell FibeTV? I had that service and it was serviceable but honestly, I found the added programming which was basically what made it worth while to be necessary to enjoy the service. Ultimately the price was inflated to a point where it was no longer a value, imo. Looking at the channels offered on Zazeen, it too seems very baron and uninteresting.
Nov 19, 2006
292 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote:
Jan 30th, 2013 10:34 pm
well it's been a while since their launch.
Why do you say its been launched? The channel lineup is not done and they haven't sent out the boxes to the people who ordered them.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17062 posts
23518 upvotes
ONTARIO
I don't believe it's been launched yet or if it has, for very long. I remember the website saying you could pre-order and they would start shipping out the STBs on the 20th or something.
Jan 16, 2009
242 posts
11 upvotes
They're not shipping set-top boxes until they get agreements for the mandatory channels. The date's slipped from the 20th to....whenever. Not really surprised.
Oct 12, 2011
412 posts
33 upvotes
There are 2 types of IPTV. Bell Fibre TV you can get a slower internet speed such as 6M and still get TV and get good performance out of it because the TV service will use their 25M speed if it is available BUT for services like Zaseen, what ever internet speed you have you will use that. Therefore if you use a internet such as 6M you can still watch TV but you might have slightly less performance.
"Your Day To Day Communications" Authorized Wholesaler Of Teksavvy :arrow: :arrow: Tune In For Promos - $5 Off Unlimited - $10 Off Shipping :arrowl: :arrowl: :!: :!: Free VOIP Homephone (Unlimited Canada Wide) With Unlimited Internet :!: :!:
Jan 16, 2013
76 posts
10 upvotes
Just resurrect an old thread!

They are ready and shipping the stbs as I've confirmed the order for QC.
Impressive channel list including Super Ecran as admin of zazeen forum confirmed it, probably in the beta period and 40$ a month. The channel list for QC is posted from their forum , I've just copied and pasted below:

[QUOTE]
QC basic plan channel list. Please be aware that we still have a few more to add. In HD if it's supported by the content owner.

Action
History Television
Animal Planet
IFC
RDS2
RDS Info
Anx Movies
kOMO-TV (ABC) Seattle
APTN
Le Reseau de l'information (RDI)
BBC Canada
Lifetime
Bravo
MeteoMedia
CBC News World
MGM
CFTM-TV (TVA)
Movie Time
CBLT (CBC)
MTV
Comedy Network
MuchMusic
Community Channel
Mystery TV
National Geographic Channel Canada
CPAC-ENG
National Geographic Channel Wild
CPAC-FR
OMNI.1 (ROGERS)
CTV Kitchener
OMNI.2 (ROGERS)
CTV News Channel
DejaView
OUTtv Network
Discovery Channel
RDS
DIY Network Canada
Showcase
E!
Slice
Food Network
Sony movies
H2
Space
HGTV Canada
teletoon
Canal D
teletoon retro
ARTV (Tele des Arts)
TFO
Series+ (Canal Fiction)
Treehouse
TVO (Gatineau)
TSN
CKSH-TV (SRC Sherbrooke)
TSN2
TVO
CIVQ (TeleQuebec Quebec)
TVtropolis
SuperEcran
TVtropolis - East
Historia (Canal Histoire)
TWIST TV
Canal Vie
VoicePrint
CINE POP
Warner films
TV5 Quebec Canada
Weather Network
MusiquePlus
Accessible Channel
Z tele
CBC Newsworld
VRAK TV
Le Reseau de l'information (RDI)
CBFT (SRC MTL)
La Magnetotheque
CBMT (CBC MTL)
Avis de Recherche
CFCF (CTV MTL)
YTV
CIVM (TeleQuebec Montreal)
Addik tv (Canal Mystere)
CKMI (Global)1
TFO (Gatineau)
CFTU (Savoir)
CIVS (TeleQuebec Sherbrooke)
CJNT (IND) (Metro TV)
CBVT (SRC Quebec)
Assemblee Nationale
The Shopping Channel
WVNY-TV (ABC)
WVNY-TV (ABC)
WPTZ-TV (NBC)
WCAX-TV (CBS)
WFFF-TV (FOX)
WETK-TV (PBS)
WSBK Boston
WPIX New York
CJOH-TV (CTV) (Gatineau)
City-TV (Rogers) (Gatineau)
CHRO-TV (CTV) (Gatineau)
CIVO-TV (TeleQuebec) (Gatineau)
CIVS (TeleQuebec Sherbrooke)
CKSH-TV (SRC Sherbrooke)
CIVQ (TeleQuebec Quebec)
CBVT (SRC Quebec)
W Network
CMT
OWN
Cosmopolitan
Nickelodeon
Sundance
ABC Spark
W Movies
[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1715 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Not even a single STB has been shipped out yet. Lack of communication all along. ...did not even have thee decency to inform QC customers that their STBs were delayed until users started pestering them for info.
Censored forums...only good stuff posted...

Really wanna sign up with these guys? Oh btw..they are my ISP
Jan 8, 2013
138 posts
16 upvotes
Hello- wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 5:58 am
Interested in knowing how this service is as well. Not willing to beta test their product for $40/mth + $85 for a box I'll throw in the garbage if I don't like their service.
+1 on that.

There should be steep discounts and incentives for consumers to help with beta testing. Fail.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
another reason to avoid acanac.
same old story over n over. bad company communication and it is just like them to take everyones money and not provide service on promises made.
there are people who have been waiting since the new year.
and i am not surprised they censor their own forum. they closed their sponsor thread here on rfd to before to prevent ppl from complaining publicly.
i had another thread on IPTV here and it had nothing specific to do about their company at all but it didn't stop their site admin from coming here and start trolling.
this company has absolutely no regard for it's own image and has poor policy in how it deals with the public.
Jul 8, 2009
125 posts
3 upvotes
There was an update about the delay in sending out the boxes just the other day on the Zazeen forum.

Just a FYI with my experience on 35/3 Cable and the IPTV running all day long. There is no noticeable difference in browsing or streaming whatsoever.

PS: Zazeen IPTV is Acanac IPTV, branded under Zazeen.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1664 upvotes
lol..

Image date 07/09/2013 LMAO

I presume this was the same when Paul made the announcement about the official shipment out to the customers.. :lol:

Really??