Expired Hot Deals

[Zazeen] Skinny Basic TV Plan = $9.95 per month; 12 months prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2016 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 3, 2012
22 posts
TO Bad they don't have a app for the NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

That would be awesome.
Sep 24, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, I've read a few of the pages but I'm not clear on one part. If I only plan to watch this on my laptop, do I need any additional equipment? The sales demo video seems to suggest no but the text suggests otherwise. Can anyone help? Cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3095 posts
607 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Sharanium wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 9:31 am
Hey guys, I've read a few of the pages but I'm not clear on one part. If I only plan to watch this on my laptop, do I need any additional equipment? The sales demo video seems to suggest no but the text suggests otherwise. Can anyone help? Cheers
Found this in their FAQ
Do I need to have a WNC Set Top Box if I plan to use my own Android box or Smart devices for the Skinny plan?

Yes. The WNC set top box is required for everyone who signs up for the Skinny Basic Plan. The WNC set top box assigns the IP address and talks to our server to give you the service. It also gives added security to your service so no one can log in outside of your home and steal you service. This is very important for you as the consumer since you pay per stream you watch at a time.
And this from an announcement in their forums (Sep`16) - as far as I know you don't pay 'per stream'
*Zazeen provides our TV service through your home (closed) network, the service is non-nomadic (fixed address) and requires a Zazeen licensed set top box. Zazeen's TV Skinny Basic service can also be viewed from your PC/iOS device/Android device, however you will need a Zazeen licensed STB connected to your home network to do so.
Jun 5, 2016
18 posts
6 upvotes
Guy
I try zazeen on this time you can getball internet store you whant no restriction but need for work 8 megabit /seconde in hd
50$ pvr 1 for eatch tv
4 pvr max ( 8m/s each pvr need in hd)
You can save 2 channel and look 1 more in a same time with only usb key or hard drive formattes on the pvr
Work verry whell
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1795 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
aaronfritz wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 8:24 am
TO Bad they don't have a app for the NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

That would be awesome.
Do they have an app for any of the official media player platforms ( Android TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, etc...)?
Sep 24, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Cheers for the info, that's a shame that you can't activate without the associated hardware.
jackie999 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 11:53 am

Found this in their FAQ
Do I need to have a WNC Set Top Box if I plan to use my own Android box or Smart devices for the Skinny plan?

Yes. The WNC set top box is required for everyone who signs up for the Skinny Basic Plan. The WNC set top box assigns the IP address and talks to our server to give you the service. It also gives added security to your service so no one can log in outside of your home and steal you service. This is very important for you as the consumer since you pay per stream you watch at a time.
And this from an announcement in their forums (Sep`16) - as far as I know you don't pay 'per stream'
*Zazeen provides our TV service through your home (closed) network, the service is non-nomadic (fixed address) and requires a Zazeen licensed set top box. Zazeen's TV Skinny Basic service can also be viewed from your PC/iOS device/Android device, however you will need a Zazeen licensed STB connected to your home network to do so.