• Nov 29th, 2016 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2723 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
I wouldn't take their worthless plan even if it was free.
RIG SPECS: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Intel i5 6600K @4.4GHz - GSkill Ripjaw 4 16GB Dual Channel @ 3000MHz - RTX 2080 - EVGA SUPERNOVA 1300W G2 PSU - Radeon R7 240GB x2 Raid 0
HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1842 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
I might consider it if their iOS app supported the 4th gen Apple TV
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7070 posts
360 upvotes
York
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 8:29 pm
Zaeen was founded on January 1, 2012 and are headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Zazeen currently has regional licenses to carry on a broadcasting distribution undertaking in Gatineau, Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrook and the surrounding areas, Quebec, Toronto, Hamilton/Niagara, Oshawa, Kitchener, Ottawa, London, Windsor and their surrounding areas.

Have you checked out the channel list?
https://www.zazeen.com/search_channels.php
I have checked out the channel list, and like what I see. It's enough for me. I'm just curious if what they have on TSN/SportsNet is what my neighbor would have as well. I.e I'm watching TSN on Zazeen and someone else is watching TSN on Rogers at the same time, do we see the same thing? Or is Zazeen's TSN an earlier feed?

Tldr are Zazeen channels live?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1953 posts
1205 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, Zazeen channels are live.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1715 posts
842 upvotes
$4.95 receiver rental after the first year or you can buy one for $49.95.
This seems to be a pretty good deal if you can't get these channels OTA but bummer that the sports add-ons are only available if you're with them for internet.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3333 posts
1338 upvotes
'Shwallywood
aviator_13 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 10:18 pm
$4.95 receiver rental after the first year or you can buy one for $49.95.
Probably be able to pick up a dirty cheap android stick to run it if you want flexibility

(Verimatrix drm certified android box)
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Dec 24, 2010
233 posts
162 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I am with Bell TV Satellite in the Montreal area, and I use an external Hard disk drive to plug in my 6131 receiver for use as PVR. This works very well to record the programs at various times.

90% of Bell TV Satellite are useless to me, so I like the list that Zazeen offers. The only thing is it seems that it lacks a PVR or the capability to plug in an external hard disk to record programs. If I can add PVR to Zazeen then I am in! I hate the rate escalation that Bell imposes every year and can't wait to be able to drop them.
Mar 2, 2009
45 posts
13 upvotes
ottawa
From what I was reading on their website, you can add an external hard drive to their set top boxes and have PVR functionality.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1850 posts
1053 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
By the way this is $9.95 only for the first year, then price jumps to $19.95/month.
Sep 3, 2008
5 posts
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 6:10 pm
I think you're right - it was Distributel. But now it seems like that restriction may be removed? I need ot do more research

But who has an antenna? I ALMOST bought one of those $700+ giant antennas a few years back. I'm so glad I didn't
you dont need big antenna ,indoor HDTV antenna works fine and you get most of the channels listed in zazeenTV
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16579 posts
6462 upvotes
Oakville
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 6:10 pm

But who has an antenna? I ALMOST bought one of those $700+ giant antennas a few years back. I'm so glad I didn't
I bought one 3 or 4 years ago for way less than that (I wanna say about $150?) And hung it in my attic. It's fantastic. But it really depends where you live, as others have said.

As for Zazeen - I was with a competitor (Vmedia) for about a year, up till last year. Video quality didn't come close to Bell Fibe or even Cogeco. Because the signal is delivered directly over your internet connection, they compress the hell out of it. A lot of people complained about fast moving action in particular - sports specifically. Things may have improved some, if they have managed to get boxes that support h265 now, that will help. And Vmedia was the better one. At the time, don't know how the two compare these days.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1233 posts
61 upvotes
Germack wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 10:12 pm
Yes, Zazeen channels are live.
I bought this last night, and after some teething issues finding which link to actually use - I am happy with the purchase

I cut the cord a year ago and have been looking for something to supplement netflix. I have an HTPC on my livingroom TV so this is perfect. Will use the receiver in the bedroom

Over the air is spotty at best for me. I get 3 channels and global cuts out all the time and have to adjust the antenna.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1850 posts
1053 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
boo4842 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 10:47 am
I bought this last night, and after some teething issues finding which link to actually use - I am happy with the purchase

I cut the cord a year ago and have been looking for something to supplement netflix. I have an HTPC on my livingroom TV so this is perfect. Will use the receiver in the bedroom

Over the air is spotty at best for me. I get 3 channels and global cuts out all the time and have to adjust the antenna.
You bought it last night and you're already using it? How did they ship the STB so fast?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1953 posts
1205 upvotes
Montreal
@boo4842 How is the picture quality?

@BeapChastard You can watch it on your computer, phone or IPAD without the STB.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5954 posts
537 upvotes
Ajax, ON
BeapChastard wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 6:47 pm
I got the following when I entered my postal code:

It seems Zazeen's skinny basic is limited to Toronto?
I got the same error. Waste of my time as I got all interested and then couldn't sign up.