Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ZCAFE

Baratza Encore burr coffee grinder - PM for $138.95 shipped before taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 11:32 pm
Jul 19, 2012
120 posts
528 upvotes

Baratza Encore burr coffee grinder - PM for $138.95 shipped before taxes

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
ZCAFE
The Baratza Encore is one of the highest rated entry level burr coffee grinders. Their customer service is supposed to be excellent, and they sell individual parts for their machines. So if anything breaks in your grinder, you can just buy the part and replace it.

Enter code NO-TAX-4ME to take off the tax. Total will come to $169.95 all in WITHOUT price match. Amazon and most other stores are selling it for $189 before taxes.

Price match Island Reunion Coffee (who has 25% off) (thanks iamaaronlol) to get it for $138.95 shipped before taxes. My order total for ZCAFE came to $145.90 all in.

Here's a comparison between the Encore and the recently sold out Bodum Bistro at Chapters:
http://www.espressoperfecto.com/baratza ... um-bistro/
Last edited by dolcedor on Nov 24th, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Nov 19, 2015
28 posts
36 upvotes
I want one of these but not in the budget right now. Best price I've seen for it though! Thanks OP
Sep 3, 2010
300 posts
150 upvotes
Buying it from Reunion Island is probably cheaper.

Add to cart here. And use coupon code *RRBF17* during the checkout process.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1458 posts
796 upvotes
North York
iamaaronlol wrote: Buying it from Reunion Island is probably cheaper.
Nice find, but are they reliable? I haven't come across them before when I did my previous coffee gear online shopping.

I definitely need a new burr grinder, my old capresso is driving me nuts.
Sep 3, 2010
300 posts
150 upvotes
royaljelly wrote: Nice find, but are they reliable? I haven't come across them before when I did my previous coffee gear online shopping.

I definitely need a new burr grinder, my old capresso is driving me nuts.
I bought an Encore from that exact site last Black Friday and they're an actual cafe with a physical location in Toronto.

Just like all other deals online, use a credit card / Paypal and chargeback if it comes to it.
Jul 19, 2012
120 posts
528 upvotes
Awesome find. I was able to get ZCAFE to price match and beat it by 10% of the difference, so my total came to $145.90 all in.
zcafe.PNG
Jun 7, 2010
364 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
I can vouch for zcafe - totally legit. They're a customer of mine and they stand behind their product, have warehouses out west and Mississauga. Anyone looking to make a bigger machine purchase feel free to pm me and I can likely get you a better deal with them than you'll get on your own. The entry level Baratza grinder - that's a great price, likely selling at a loss as margins are thin on those bad boys. They are awesome drip coffee grinders for the house.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver

I see:

$189.00 CAD

Coupon makes it:

CAD $148.84 w/free shipping, taxes in
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
3430 posts
53 upvotes
London
dolcedor wrote: Awesome find. I was able to get ZCAFE to price match and beat it by 10% of the difference, so my total came to $145.90 all in.

zcafe.PNG
How did you do the price match? Did you have to buy first?

Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1458 posts
796 upvotes
North York
max011 wrote: I see:
$189.00 CAD
Coupon makes it:
CAD $148.84 w/free shipping, taxes in
which site/coupon are you using to get that amount?

when I use reunion island's site, the RRBF17 gives me a -$47.25 discount, plus another 13% taxes for Ontario for me.

--

for the price match, just enter the PM-56-241117 code (in red) that the OP showed in his photo to get the discount. You can't stack the No Taxes code after that.
I called them as well as he gave me the same code
Jul 19, 2012
120 posts
528 upvotes
evanx wrote:
How did you do the price match? Did you have to buy first?
I bought it first. I called to cancel my order, cause I was planning to order from Reunion Island Coffee. But they offered to price match so I went along with it. Lol. It's only a couple bucks difference so not sure if worth the effort.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes

Bought from them before. You'll get some sample packs of their coffee too.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
My Encore has been going strong for 5 years now. I use it every day with a Bonavita drip coffee machine. Great entry level grinder!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
royaljelly wrote: which site/coupon are you using to get that amount?

when I use reunion island's site, the RRBF17 gives me a -$47.25 discount, plus another 13% taxes for Ontario for me.

Same RRBF17 code... This came as a final total

I'm in BC, may be that makes difference??

How much is your total [after coupon?]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
Is this good for espresso as well as for presses?

I was thinking of getting the BODUM®BISTRO BURR COFFEE GRINDER , but it seems they wouldn't recommend it for espresso.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
dolcedor wrote: Awesome find. I was able to get ZCAFE to price match and beat it by 10% of the difference, so my total came to $145.90 all in.

zcafe.PNG
Did you called Zcafe to get the PM? I'm assuming you didn't get the no tax since Reunion Island's price is lower.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
Great deal . Thanks
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote: Is this good for espresso as well as for presses?

I was thinking of getting the BODUM®BISTRO BURR COFFEE GRINDER , but it seems they wouldn't recommend it for espresso.
The Encore may be ok for espresso in a pinch but if you’re serious about espresso, you’ll want finer control over the grind. Jump up to the Virtuoso or Precisio.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
Good deal, bought mine for $160 from I.R. last BD
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2982 posts
324 upvotes
Thanks
Got the Sette 30 AP for $299 (no tax)
No other place have it on sale, all are around $339 + HST (Ontario) = ~$380