Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
zebrablinds.ca

Zebrablinds 21%+7% off Smartthings compatible

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2017 8:40 pm
Nov 17, 2007
83 posts
91 upvotes
Regina

Zebrablinds 21%+7% off Smartthings compatible

Deal Link:
Savings:
Retailer:
zebrablinds.ca
I was looking into motorized blinds that work with smartthings and came across zebrablinds. They use graber blinds, which i believe is the same as baliblinds but the site is much easier to use and the prices are better. They are pretty popular on the smartthings forum and I messaged the rep there to see if he could offer us a discount and sent him over to the thread where everyone was buying the hub. I ordered some samples and they are nice.
he sent me over this

The following coupon will work until the 25th: redflagdeals

It will give you a volume discount applied by the site for subtotal’s above $500 as well as a 21% discount.

It will work on both zebrablinds.com (US) and zebrablinds.ca (Canada) and only on the z-wave shades. The easiest way to identify the Z-wave shades is they will have “Virtual Cord” in it’s name.

One note about purchasing on ZebraBlinds.ca, we are expecting website downtime tonight due to a major upgrade going on. If anyone has a saved shopping cart, unfortunately they might be erased so you will have to reconfigure. The site will go down for maintenance at 12am EST.

It saved me a little over 300 bucks on my blinds hope this is useful to some people. I will direct the Rep over to this thread if there is any questions or their live chat is awesome too
27 replies
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
If you have questions, feel free to shoot them my way. The shades run on z-wave so works on most z-wave compatible hubs as a dimmer switch. Wink has a few limitations.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4626 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Stuff to consider for motorized blinds.. Power. Mounting. Etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I received this information just a few hours too late! I paid for an order this afternoon and from what I can tell I could have saved another $120! Just my luck. Haha. Thanks for sharing though
Nov 17, 2007
83 posts
91 upvotes
Regina
For power and mounting you can get inside or outside mount. And they also have battery packs available up to certain sizes. I went with 12ft so the battery was not available.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4626 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
What I mean is people usually don't have power or the backing in the ceiling available at the location. for the weight of them and for the specific power requirements, sometimes they're 12v and you need a bunch of blinds side by side. Or even std voltage.. New plugs. New circuit sometimes. Just something to plan out.
Nov 17, 2007
83 posts
91 upvotes
Regina
Hey Neal ChicoQuente had PMd me a while ago when I mentioned you guys making a deal for us. Is there anyway you could get him a price adjustment?
Nov 17, 2007
83 posts
91 upvotes
Regina
Yeah I never thought of that you would want to make sure you were in a stud or using toggle bolts for a battery pack These run on a 15v 1.5a transformer that runs about 40 bucks. I was looking at doing a 3 on 1 headrail or multiple blinds and they do offer a transformer for that but it is pricey too. It was cheaper for me to just do one 12ft shade for my whole picture window, outside mount and I'll hide the wires in a raceway next to the moulding. But a 3 on one head rail inside mount or 3 sepeate shades inside mount would have looked way more clean for 3x the cost. But my place isn't that nice anyways.
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
dpleli wrote: Hey Neal ChicoQuente had PMd me a while ago when I mentioned you guys making a deal for us. Is there anyway you could get him a price adjustment?
He pm'ed me and I am looking into it.
Nov 17, 2007
83 posts
91 upvotes
Regina
Any idea on what the lead time is I read before 5-10 days. Do they ship out of the us or Canada?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
So savings is 29 what? $29 or 29% or 29 chickens?
Thanks. Does this thing works with Google Home?
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Depends on the product. Most cellular and pleated ship in 5 - 10 business days and arrive within a week of shipping. They ship from the US (no import duties or fees, what you paid on the site is final). Roller/Solar are delayed to 5 - 15 business days right now based on fabric.
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Avatar wrote: So savings is 29 what? $29 or 29% or 29 chickens?
Thanks. Does this thing works with Google Home?
29%, but sometimes higher. The volume discount that is auto applied can go up to 12% at times.

It works with google home if you connect them to SmartThings. So the shades would connect to SmartThings and SmartThings would connect to Google Home. It's how I use it at home.
Apr 28, 2012
157 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looks like a pretty good deal, works out slightly cheaper than from Costco, which is where I got mine from about 6 months ago.

The SmartThings integration is a bit flaky, but generally works if you don't rush it. If you tell the shade to go to one position, and then tell it to go to another position before it's reached the first position, it gets very confused and just keeps going slowly in the original direction until it hits the end stop, so if automating commands to run off timers, sensors, etc. you want to make sure you don't send too many commands at once, or you'll end up with the shade in an unpredictable position.

There's also no ability that I've found through SmartThings to hold down a button and have the shade move until you release it, like there is with the included controller. I wanted to use a Lutron Pico controller, passed through to SmartThings via the Lutron SmartBridge Pro, to control the shade, which you can do, but you lose this functionality. Shame as the Pico controller is much nicer than the included Autoview controller. You can still make it go all the way up and all the way down though, so that's good. I have the Pico controllers mounted on the wall with my lighting controllers, and keep the Autoview controllers in a drawer in case I need them.

These are probably limitations in the device handler rather than the shade, I'm using this one.

The Google Home integration works but is a bit unintuitive, because it sees the shade as a dimmer, so you can't say things like 'OK Google, open the shade', you have to say 'OK Google, set the shade to 100%', and it replies 'Setting the shade brightness to 100%'. I'm not sure if that's a limitation of Google Home or Smartthings. I've used IFTTT custom assistant commands to make 'open the shade' and 'close the shade' do the right thing, but that's more technical than most people will want to get. Hopefully it'll be fixed eventually.

I don't think any of these are the fault of this particular shade, more a limitation of all shades with home automation integration for the moment (or at least, all Z-wave shades).

Mine are battery powered and I'm still on the first set of batteries (two battery holders per shade). They're quite loud when they move, but the motor speed is pretty stable and they sound fairly powerful. Overall, I'm very happy with the shades (although a higher-quality remote would be nice), and the home automation stuff is good enough if you don't mind putting up with a few annoyances.
Aug 15, 2017
71 posts
43 upvotes
There is a lot you can do with the integration to SmartThings and the IFTTT core functionality. To the common person, though, the SmartThings app itself has some fairly simple and diverse commands that are easy to use and these kinds of shades are the same price or cheaper than their regular motorized counterparts.
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
leafygreen wrote: There is a lot you can do with the integration to SmartThings and the IFTTT core functionality. To the common person, though, the SmartThings app itself has some fairly simple and diverse commands that are easy to use and these kinds of shades are the same price or cheaper than their regular motorized counterparts.
You can also use the WebCoRE community smartapp to create some crazy powerful automation and rules and have IFTTT work with it as well.
Mar 17, 2017
6 posts
snoopstah wrote: Looks like a pretty good deal, works out slightly cheaper than from Costco, which is where I got mine from about 6 months ago.

The SmartThings integration is a bit flaky, but generally works if you don't rush it. If you tell the shade to go to one position, and then tell it to go to another position before it's reached the first position, it gets very confused and just keeps going slowly in the original direction until it hits the end stop, so if automating commands to run off timers, sensors, etc. you want to make sure you don't send too many commands at once, or you'll end up with the shade in an unpredictable position.
What shades did you get from Costco? And any resources/tips to learn about programming these?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15718 posts
7437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have three basement windows that needs covering and it would be neat to integrate them into the ST hub so that I can control them with the rest of the basement home theatre system. Are there any blinds specifically tailored for basement windows?
Sep 13, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Not specifically. You would install whatever works best in your case.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Do they do smart window tinting as well?

Do those cost a lot more than blinds?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)