• Jun 20th, 2009 11:55 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't forget those confounded wind storms, and microbursts.

Our neighbours Gazeebo got flipped RIGHT upside down.

Our BBQ also got suuuuflexed. :( . That was a few years ago.

Had a few windy days 3-5 weeks ago...has since died down, but still...

Price is SICK!
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Jul 29, 2008
425 posts
43 upvotes
Well, we had a huge storm Sunday.. wicked rain and a tonne of hail.. brutal.. the gazebo held up nicely.. i think a tie broke on the mosquito netting.. that was it, but i should have oppened the netting before the storm.. i wasn't expectingit to be that bad.
Nov 27, 2003
703 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Any one know how to get a replacement cover for this Gazebo.

My cover has started to rip. (Its 2 years old)
Oct 21, 2005
32 posts
1 upvote
Anyone know if this sale is still on. I see they have it marked down to 399 (Winnipeg) but when I called they said there was no further discount.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1979 posts
7 upvotes
Kingston
If anyone skips on this deal because of worries about the cover shredding, just buy a really good one.
We got one at rona in 2005 that has a really really thick canvas top. Just the fabric for the top weighs about 25 pounds. Really heavy.
Ours in getting a little faded in spots, but there's no wear and tear on it otherwise.
Worth paying more bucks for a good one if it'll save you replacing the cover every couple years.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1542 posts
115 upvotes
dolphie wrote:
Jun 18th, 2009 8:18 am
If anyone skips on this deal because of worries about the cover shredding, just buy a really good one.
We got one at rona in 2005 that has a really really thick canvas top. Just the fabric for the top weighs about 25 pounds. Really heavy.
Ours in getting a little faded in spots, but there's no wear and tear on it otherwise.
Worth paying more bucks for a good one if it'll save you replacing the cover every couple years.
Can you supply a pic from the Rona website or an item #?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1979 posts
7 upvotes
Kingston
Can you supply a pic from the Rona website or an item #?

I bought it 2005, so I don't have either.
it does look similar to this one, so perhaps they might be the same with this one just being an 'updated' model:
http://www.rona.ca/shop/~sunshade-orlan ... shade_shop

Ours is a thick thick canvas. You can usually tell the quality/thickness just from the feel.

We paid about $500 bucks for it, but haven't had a single problem in 5 years.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
1231 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
marunio wrote:
Jun 15th, 2009 11:36 am
Looks very close to the Tulip gazebo I got at Walmart for $199.
Make sure you have drain holes on the sides of the roof as water can gather there and collapse the whole structure - happened to our first gazebo last year, this year they added drain holes - no issues.
m
That looks very nice!!
Are the bugs smart enough to get thru those drain holes? ( mosquitos etc... )
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1970 upvotes
For those who missed this deal last week, Zellers has all Victory Garden sunshades/gazebos on sale for 40% off the regular price in this week's flyer (June 19 - 25). Although the flyer says the discount is off the regular price, I picked up the 10' x 12' gazebo for $239.99 which is 40% off $399.99 although the gazebo was originally $499.99. They also had an 8' x 8' gazebo on sale for $179.xx. The 8' x 8' didn't appear as sturdy as the other two (less support in the roof). I also saw a 10' x 10' gazebo on display at one Zellers but they had none in stock. I believe it was $349.99 so it should be $209.99 if you can find. The bug screen was not on sale so I didn't pick one up and will wait for it to go on sale. If you are interested in one of these gazebos, you should act quickly as I don't think they will last.

Trinity Common in Brampton had the 10' x 12' and 10' x 10' on display but none in stock. I like to see what I am buying before I buy particularly when it is a heavy item that is hard to return. They also had the 8' x 8' on display and lots in stock.

Bramalea City Centre had none on display and only one 10' x 12' on the shelf after I bought mine. They have a lot more earlier in the week so they are selling. They still had several of the 8' x 8'.
× < >