Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 16, 2006
233 posts
44 upvotes
Barrie

[Zellers] Zellers: Car Seats and Strollers: additional 50%

I've been my local Zellers as some RFDers mentioned that they have some amazing sales going on and found a bit of deals I think.

1) Page 7 on this week's flyer - "Save Additional 50% previously reduced car seats, strollers and nursery furniture."

Zellers Flyer

I think this is really hot deal if it works out for you (it did for me). I bought a Graco
33 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22813 posts
912 upvotes
Markham, ON
geech wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 11:10 am
Was this on sale or clearance? If it was just on sale, I think you got pretty lucky in getting the cashier to give you the 50% off. I would think by the wording that it was just for clearance items, not sale items.

But, hey, good for you for getting the deal.
er..."Save Additional 50% previously reduced car seats, strollers and nursery furniture."
Jan 16, 2005
427 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 11:14 am
er..."Save Additional 50% previously reduced car seats, strollers and nursery furniture."
Yes, I get that, but doesn't that usually only apply to clearance items, not sale items? Maybe not, that's just been my experience.
Jan 30, 2006
620 posts
33 upvotes
geech wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 11:16 am
Yes, I get that, but doesn't that usually only apply to clearance items, not sale items? Maybe not, that's just been my experience.
Prices ending in .97 are usually clearance anyway right?

Zellers is going to have more sales like this as they slowly die/transition to Lord and Taylor.
Jan 16, 2005
427 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
wiresncode wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 11:32 am
Prices ending in .97 are usually clearance anyway right?

Zellers is going to have more sales like this as they slowly die/transition to Lord and Taylor.
Yes, I believe you are right there, so it probably is clearance.
Jan 3, 2006
360 posts
10 upvotes
Going on a vacation in September and needed to rent a car seat, just saved like 70 bucks!

Found a 'throw away' for 20 bucks. For that price I can bring, use it, and leave it behind if need be!

There's also a sale on carpets, BOGO. got 2 awesome carpets for under 40 bucks. I think in retrospect it was a pricing error, so YMMV.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2006
233 posts
44 upvotes
Barrie
Yes. the wording is little bit subtle and I wasn't sure if it would work when I tried myself so I choose the cashier who looked fresh :evil: , and it worked for me without any hassle. So it is worth for you to try. YMMV

P.S. If you look at other wording from the flyer they usually put a footnote with asterisk and it explicitly mentioned additional save from the yellow ticketed price to indicate clearance items so you can really argue even if they give you some tough time.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10199 posts
1008 upvotes
Brampton
Great deal on the Graco booster seats, need to get 2 :D Will try to visit Zellers later today. Hope they still have some left :)
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
815 posts
131 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 11:14 am
You actually found the right answer right in this statement.

The car seats that are on sale this week for $10 off were originally regular price the week before. Therefor, they were not previously reduced, only reduced for this week. Making them 'NOT' part of the 50% off deal.
RFD has saved & made me $$$
Jan 16, 2005
427 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
DOC SB wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 12:05 pm
You actually found the right answer right in this statement.

The car seats that are on sale this week for $10 off were originally regular price the week before. Therefor, they were not previously reduced, only reduced for this week. Making them 'NOT' part of the 50% off deal.
Ah yes, there's my argument made in better words, thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1320 posts
191 upvotes
zzzzoooo wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2008 10:43 am
1) Page 7 on this week's flyer - "Save Additional 50% previously reduced car seats, strollers and nursery furniture."

Zellers Flyer

I think this is really hot deal if it works out for you (it did for me). I bought a Graco
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2538 posts
359 upvotes
Edmonton
In my experience clearance is only applicable to items with a yellow tag on them..

I've also noticed lately with all the clearance/sales at Zellers that alot of items don't scan correctly (dont show the sale price) at the price checker so it pays to double check.
Mar 24, 2005
815 posts
131 upvotes
On another note:

We were able to get a Safety 1st Jogger stroller for only $65 after the 50% off.

Mostly like this, except it is blue and does not come with the car seat. Fortunately we lucked out that our other Safety 1st car seat fits this stroller. The tires are a soft rubber and it glides beautifully across pavement!
RFD has saved & made me $$$
× < >