Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] Zellers--Closing Sale--Everything 50% off including cell phones

Dec 17, 2010
621 posts
231 upvotes

[Bell] Zellers--Closing Sale--Everything 50% off including cell phones

I do not know if it is chain wide, the Stanely Mall Kitchener Zellers have everything at 50% including electronics.
Bell Samsung Gio 74.99$
LG Optimus One 69.99$
A lot of other stuff too.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2438 posts
334 upvotes
Edmonton
Theres already other threads on Zellers closing sale..

Really, at 50% the prices are back down to what other retailers have been selling them before. And remember, no returns so hope you don't get a lemon!
Jul 8, 2011
904 posts
665 upvotes
TORONTO
BUY BUY BUY

TVs and Laptops and Video Games? :)
Oct 4, 2007
316 posts
34 upvotes
PitchyDawg wrote:
May 17th, 2012 12:24 pm
BUY BUY BUY

TVs and Laptops and Video Games? :)

The store I was at had 30% off video games, didn't see any laptops, tvs I think were around 40%. I'd take a iphone with you to the store to check out what the 'real' prices are online for the stuff they're selling though. Some of what I saw (looking at lego as well) was a solid price after the discount but not super hot. For example the one lego set was $54 at zellers after the discount but $56 through amazon on sale. Another example, air hogs sharpshooter (rc helicoptor) was $33 at zellers after the discount but will often go on sale at other stores for $25-40
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1251 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Scarborough Zellers was till 30% off cell phones. YMMV?
Evolution has evolved so much, it doesn't exist anymore.
Jun 21, 2009
749 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Need a cheap backup phone for while skiing, hiking, etc... The Gio and Optimus 1 are looking like good options at those price points. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
269 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
dealhunter16 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 11:48 am
I do not know if it is chain wide, the Stanely Mall Kitchener Zellers have everything at 50% including electronics.
Bell Samsung Gio 74.99$
LG Optimus One 69.99$
A lot of other stuff too.

LG optimus one was $59..

And they wonder why they had sales problems... even at $50 off regular the prices stink.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8847 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:24 pm
Not worth the risk if there is no warranty.

#1 $60 is hardly a risk
#2 you still get manufacturers warranty which is 1 year
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0

|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
269 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:28 pm
#1 $60 is hardly a risk

$60 is too much...

$1 at the dollar store is ok... and you can poke around the packaging to make sure the thing is intact... $60 plus tax and have to get it repaired stinks.

Not to mention that the trick on the internet was rampant not too long ago... and if you dont know what it is then..... here it is.

Telus and all the other prepaid packages (less Bell/VM) print the ENS / Sim card/imei numbers on the side of the packaging...
What people were doing is copy the numbers, go home and activate the phone that is in the store and then transfer the credits to an old phone.

Free money.

Bell wised up and blocked the CDMA phones from being able to be swaped unless you programmed the original phone first after every initial activation and swap.

So yea, go to store, copy down numbers, come home, activate, $$$, then you go to the store, buy the phone thinking you are going to get prepaid credits only to find out that your brand new sealed phone has been activated 8 months ago > :(
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1491 posts
522 upvotes
GTA
blankall wrote:
May 17th, 2012 1:10 pm
Need a cheap backup phone for while skiing, hiking, etc... The Gio and Optimus 1 are looking like good options at those price points. Thoughts?

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Gio as a backup phone and have been really happy with it. There are a lot of good things being said about the LG Optimus One as well (and it is a lot less expensive to get unlocked).

There are some comments regarding concerns with a lack of warranty if you buy from the Zellers clearance...wouldn't the warranty be throught the manufacturer or the Service Provider (ie. Telus, Bell or whoever)??
Mar 23, 2005
350 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Theres a ton of Gio's at the Shopper's world on Victoria Park and Danforth Road but it was listed at $90 =/ and Im guessing its locked to bell
Dec 19, 2006
430 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary
bvit6667 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:57 pm
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Gio as a backup phone and have been really happy with it. There are a lot of good things being said about the LG Optimus One as well (and it is a lot less expensive to get unlocked).

There are some comments regarding concerns with a lack of warranty if you buy from the Zellers clearance...wouldn't the warranty be throught the manufacturer or the Service Provider (ie. Telus, Bell or whoever)??

You paid money to unlock a Gio?
Nov 2, 2011
671 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:28 pm
#1 $60 is hardly a risk

lol isnt 60 bucks like 6 hrs pay for you?
× < >