Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zellers

Zellers - Daytek 32" LCD TV Jan 27 - Feb 2

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2012 11:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1063 posts
168 upvotes
bishopandarlo wrote: The specs are:

Daytek 32" LCD Television
HDTV ready , NTSC Tv tuner built-in
Contrast 800:1
Response time: 8 ms.
PIP (picture in motion)
V-Chip parental control
Were these specs included in the Zellers flyer ad?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7812 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
buy.A.gift wrote: how is that compare with Westinghouse 27" Widescreen LCD HDTV?
Best buy is selling it for 600 bucks (50 dollars off online)
1st it is a 32 vs 27" go bigger or go home, this is a decent set
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1667 posts
1589 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
So, can someone confirm, this Daytek 32" LCD TV on sale Jan 27th does not have a built in ATSC (HD digital tuner) ? .. . . . . only a NTSC tuner ?

It would be a really sweet deal if it did have NTSC/ATSC tuners built in ....
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2692 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
and anyone know how it compares to the Envision 32" in terms of Picture Quality?
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Kanus wrote: Were these specs included in the Zellers flyer ad?
yes that's exactly what the flyer says.

if you want more detailed specs, just give'em a call, or walk-in yourself.
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Banned
Apr 6, 2006
714 posts
i really need a TV for the superbowls...how is this compare to the recent 32" ACER that was on sale? im DESPERATE for an afordable lcd tv at least 32"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 18, 2001
5722 posts
scholar wrote: i really need a TV for the superbowls...how is this compare to the recent 32" ACER that was on sale? im DESPERATE for an afordable lcd tv at least 32"
check my sig. for one

anyone know if it supports 1080p?
NODES - Nonlinear and Active Optical Devices on Electronic Substrates...Lol, not even close :D

My Heatware

For Sale: Cheap Complete PC's, Keyboards, mice, video cards, etc...

WTB/WTT: Vista 32 & 64 bit OEM CD's
Dec 4, 2005
935 posts
118 upvotes
NODES wrote: check my sig. for one

anyone know if it supports 1080p?
Nah, it goes up to 720p and 1080i. Although from what I understand of HD and viewing distance, you'd have to be pretty close to a 32/37" to have your eyes interpret the difference between 1080i and 1080p.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1063 posts
168 upvotes
I called the local Zellers in Kingston and they told me the model no. is 32TG and they'll be on sale starting tomorrow (Sat.)
May 12, 2004
818 posts
122 upvotes
http://www.daytek.ca/ceproduct.html

only shows DT-3220
32" TFT Widescreen LCD TV
Brightness: 450 cd/m^2 (Typ)
Contrast: 1,000:1
Response Time: 8 ms
WOW SRS Surround Sound
PIP (Picture in Picture)
Wall-mounting (Optional)
1366 x 768 Native Resolution
HDTV Ready (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i)

OR DM-32
32" TFT Widescreen LCD TV
Brightness: 500 cd/m^2 (Typ)
Contrast: 1,600:1
Response Time: 8 ms
HDMI Input
PIP (Picture in Picture)
Built-in DVDP (Optional)
1366 x 768 Native Resolution
HDTV Ready (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i)

Second one is better in terms of specs but neither say built in tuner so who knows also neither of these specs have 800:1 Contrast so it must be an old model also not listed in the previous models section ??? or just not listed?? or specs advertised may be incorrect?
Jan 16, 2003
100 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare to the Viewsonic 3252w?

Comments?

Thanks,
Feb 11, 2003
711 posts
115 upvotes
yup has a built in NTSC tuner...unlike the costco dm32...
might be a new model for zellers/hbc...

hopefully its a quality daytek unit
Banned
Apr 6, 2006
714 posts
anyone have something along this line of brand. doesnt necessary have to be this model but older ones. how does it compare to ACER 32" and VIEWSONIC 32". any feedback is greatly appreciated, i need an lcd for the superbowls...input please?
Feb 11, 2003
711 posts
115 upvotes
daytek

1st gen 32" Daytek DT-3220 (Costco) - im definitely not alone when i say this was very good tv in all aspects

2nd gen 32" Daytek DM37 (Costco) - i've heard good things...never owned one myself but ppl on rfd are satisfied with theirs...the LM37 was a real let down in all aspects

Zellers TG32 - probably most like the DM37 at Costco right now...but can't really guarantee that Daytek will come through with a quality unit on this one

so...

You can always take the risk and return it to zellers if its a dud and not a stud...and take one for the RFD team here!!

p.s. i misread the zellers ad...looks like its not an ATSC tuner...kinda misleading to advertise the unit as having an NTSC tv tuner...every north american tv would have to have an NTSC tuner right?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13184 posts
7570 upvotes
Kanata
newkid wrote: daytek

1st gen 32" Daytek DT-3220 (Costco) - im definitely not alone when i say this was very good tv in all aspects

2nd gen 32" Daytek DM37 (Costco) - i've heard good things...never owned one myself but ppl on rfd are satisfied with theirs...the LM37 was a real let down in all aspects

Zellers TG32 - probably most like the DM37 at Costco right now...but can't really guarantee that Daytek will come through with a quality unit on this one

so...

You can always take the risk and return it to zellers if its a dud and not a stud...and take one for the RFD team here!!

p.s. i misread the zellers ad...looks like its not an ATSC tuner...kinda misleading to advertise the unit as having an NTSC tv tuner...every north american tv would have to have an NTSC tuner right?
Daytek doesn't have a 32" that has an ATSC tuner. I do recall some TV's not having any tuner at all, ATSC or NTSC. Not sure if Daytek was one of those that didn't offer a tuner in some models though.

The DT3220 and DM32 are very close in quality. DT3220 has DVI input but not HDMI. DM32 has HDMI but not DVI. SD quality was slightly better on the DT3220 but if the channel has a strong signal, the picture is still good on DM32 and extremely close to the DT3220.

never heard of this new model. I cant' see Daytek releasing 2 models in the same price range with spec's this close to each other....
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
newkid wrote: daytek

I'm going to disagree. I had 4 of these from Costco:
#1 died
#2 died
#3 5 dead pixels and many stuck pixels
#4 too many dead and stuck pixels

Now have a 32 Philips - MINT!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)