Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
168 posts
9 upvotes

Zellers or Walmart - Video Game Return

Hi everybody,

I want to know everyone's take on where I should buy and return a copy of Modern Warfare 2. I have one on order from futureshop that is coming (got one @ 49.99) but I would like to start playing it tommorow. Where do you think is the best place to buy a copy of the game and then return it when my futureshop ordered copy comes in. I live in a small city in northern b.c. so my options are limited to either Zellers or Wal-mart.

Any thoughts?
Share:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4133 posts
745 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
When do you think your pre-order will arrive?

I think Zellers gives you a longer period for returns, especially if you use their HBC card. Walmart, I'm not so sure, you'll have to check that out for yourself.
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3386 upvotes
You can't get a refund on opened video games.

Besides, it's crap like this that will eventually force stores to charge us restocking fees on returns. Don't abuse return policies, it will only hurt us consumers in the end.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
dmxlite wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 4:32 am
When do you think your pre-order will arrive?

I think Zellers gives you a longer period for returns, especially if you use their HBC card. Walmart, I'm not so sure, you'll have to check that out for yourself.
Walmart gives like 90 days which is way more than enough time. Honestly tho, if you want to get the game the day of release, don't order it online even if its cheaper. Not only are you abusing the policy but if the version you get is damaged or delayed, you'll be stuck with the Walmart/Zeller price. Since FS doesn't seem to be near you, good luck returning the FS copy after it arrives if there are any delays with shipment (and there are various posts about shipment delay from BB for games... namely Batman and Borderland.).
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
teamcanada wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 1:02 am
Hi everybody,

I want to know everyone's take on where I should buy and return a copy of Modern Warfare 2. I have one on order from futureshop that is coming (got one @ 49.99) but I would like to start playing it tommorow. Where do you think is the best place to buy a copy of the game and then return it when my futureshop ordered copy comes in. I live in a small city in northern b.c. so my options are limited to either Zellers or Wal-mart.

Any thoughts?
Any thoughts? Perhaps you should just wait. It's just a video game...is your life so empty that a day or two without playing the latest, greatest video game makes all the difference

It's attitudes such as yours that cause companies to change their policies to the disadvantage of others (yourself included).
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23360 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 4:37 am
You can't get a refund on opened video games.

Besides, it's crap like this that will eventually force stores to charge us restocking fees on returns. Don't abuse return policies, it will only hurt us consumers in the end.
I thought so too, but...

I was at BB and a guy told the CSR that he asked someone for the lates COD and he got the 2nd newest and they couldn't do an exchange as it's opened. I almost told him to use google next time. The CSR said that he could give credit for a used trade in but it'd be a lot less or to go to Walmart you don't need a receipt. I was like "but doesn't it have to be sealed". He goes, nah, they're really relaxed there. :eek:
Aug 1, 2006
353 posts
41 upvotes
I hope the OP meant that he would return the SEALED FS copy he received to WM/Zellers. In that case either choice would be fine since you'll likely get the game by the end of the week and you'll be returning a new game w/ a receipt.

If however, you're wanting to return the opened one (because you preordered a special edition or something), then I'm totally with the rest of the posters here and don't condone trying to return opened software for no reason other than you wanted to play it early.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1097 upvotes
It's call Fraud, and it's illegal.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.