Expired Group Deals

Zen Mattress On SALE $399 (Regular: $1700)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2014 1:41 pm
Jul 20, 2009
702 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa

Zen Mattress On SALE $399 (Regular: $1700)

I am looking for a good mattress, Queen Size and I come across to Group and found that they have the Zen Mattress on sale. I am wondering if everyone has experiences with Zen mattress. I am looking forward to hear from you guys

http://www.groupon.com/deals/zen-bedrooms-4-ottawa-1

I am very tempting for this one? If not what is good one with my limited budget for a Queen Size Mattress (Around $400-600)

Thank you so much for your time guys
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
I ordered THIS on a one day sale @ 499 for the king set (reg $1999). You have a better return policy this way and you can check it out instore. I suggest waiting for a sale, groupons are always exagerated reg price (vendor only get %50, groupon gets %50, so figure its cheap enough they can turn a profit off $200) if you look on kijiji you can get a queen set for almost the same price and you can see it first.

THIS MATTRESS is $490 for the queen set @ sears

anzvietboy wrote: I am looking for a good mattress, Queen Size and I come across to Group and found that they have the Zen Mattress on sale. I am wondering if everyone has experiences with Zen mattress. I am looking forward to hear from you guys

http://www.groupon.com/deals/zen-bedrooms-4-ottawa-1

I am very tempting for this one? If not what is good one with my limited budget for a Queen Size Mattress (Around $400-600)

Thank you so much for your time guys
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
One of my friends got a memory foam mattress off Groupon. It was a different company than Zen Bedrooms. Anyway turns out that they wouldn't ship to him even though they originally said they would for additional cost. It ended up being a huge hassle and he did get the mattress but it took a couple of months I think.

Other than that though I think he said the mattress is not bad. He's not a very picky person though so it's hard to say. But yeah when they say regular $1700+ that is pretty much bogus. If this is a mattress that you are going to sleep on for a while then you should probably try a few out in stores and see if you even like memory foam. Not everyone does.
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Buy mattresses at costco... best return/warranty policy, they deliver, decent price/value
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Their $1400 Luxury Memory Foam Mattress is 8".
$400 for a 8" foam mattress isn't a great deal .... perhaps OK for a King.
Jul 20, 2009
702 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
I would like to thank you all for your great feedback. I guess I will pass this groupon deal and wait for a deal at Retailer so I can definitely go and try it out rather than trust its description.
Jul 20, 2009
702 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Leuthil wrote: One of my friends got a memory foam mattress off Groupon. It was a different company than Zen Bedrooms. Anyway turns out that they wouldn't ship to him even though they originally said they would for additional cost. It ended up being a huge hassle and he did get the mattress but it took a couple of months I think.

Other than that though I think he said the mattress is not bad. He's not a very picky person though so it's hard to say. But yeah when they say regular $1700+ that is pretty much bogus. If this is a mattress that you are going to sleep on for a while then you should probably try a few out in stores and see if you even like memory foam. Not everyone does.
Thanks for your information, I have never experienced problem with Groupon shipping, but I guess I will pass this deal. I know there many different mattress out there in the market which I am not familiar with. Can you suggest anything at this moment if I like my mattress firmed (not to soft or not too hard). What's brand can I go with my budget?

Thanks again
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Thanks for your information, I have never experienced problem with Groupon shipping, but I guess I will pass this deal. I know there many different mattress out there in the market which I am not familiar with. Can you suggest anything at this moment if I like my mattress firmed (not to soft or not too hard). What's brand can I go with my budget?

Thanks again
I'm actually in the process of buying a mattress very similar to you (firm and on a budget). I'm still researching and looking around though so unfortunately I can't help you yet :) .
Jul 20, 2009
702 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Leuthil wrote: I'm actually in the process of buying a mattress very similar to you (firm and on a budget). I'm still researching and looking around though so unfortunately I can't help you yet :) .
I went to Costco last week and I saw that Costco have it for sale at $399 ($120 off) but I couldn't have a chance to try it out yet. What do you think of Costco's mattress, Costco doesn't carry many different mattresses. What do you think of Sears mattress that MARTINWALES28 have mentioned above?

If you come to find anything interests, please pm or post here please, I will do the same.

Thanks
Jan 1, 2013
189 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
Last year I was in the market for a new mattress and definitely considered buying it off groupon. However, online shopping for mattress is something I wasn't completely comfortable with especially on memory foam mattress as their firmness can vary from each unit.

I finally decided to go for a sealy memory foam mattress that costco.ca had on sale for 500$. Definitely the best investment I have ever made. In my opinion, I would pass up on the groupon deal and probably buy from costco or sears (sometimes they are over priced).