Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Zenni Optical] Presription Glasses: starting at $6.95+shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2015 8:18 am
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
i bought 2 pairs few month ago. one good and the other one is the frame doesnt fit my face well. so for 60$ for 2. i am still happy tho. i am planing to buy 2 more.
signature removed for self promotion - What is wrong with self promotion ?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Bought from clearly a few years ago. Going to try Zenni next time.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3503 upvotes
Vancouver
Everyone should try Zenni once. If it's no good, you're out <$20. If you like them, buy a ton more for next to nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1032 posts
1396 upvotes
so I know the original post deal is done - but since people are describing zenni I wanted to chime in:

I used to LOVE Zenni!! I have had 5 years worth of glasses with no problems but now my opinion has changed to:

Quality control at zenni is crap!!!

especially on rimless glasses. i have had one pair of rimless that they have tried to remake TWICE

the problem? the holes that were drilled for the rimless frames are at DIFFERENT points on each len
-first pair: holes for nose piece were about 3 mm difference between left and right lens (this means the piece of metal for nose piece was visibly crooked - and the unit sat askew on face)
-remake #2: holes for ARM piece were 2.5 mm difference between left and right: if my ears were at slightly different heights on head maybe this would work - unfortunately my head is symmetric
-remake #3: holes for nose peice was about 4 mm difference... (i.e. same as first pair problem)

yes : they are literally repeating the same error over and over again - after the second remake I asked them to put a note on the file to lab etc to measure them before sending out - i suspect they just said 'yes' to placate me...

NOW: they want me to send them the glasses again so they can 'look at them'. I sent them a pic - but they want the actual glasses too before they make any decision (this is fair - I guess someone could doctor a pic or something)

I ordered these glasses originally in august - its now end of november.

oh yeah - these were not the only mess up in this order : ordered a pair of sunglasses - not going to get into that - eventually they just gave me a refund on those.

ALSO: take note that their customer service is all over the map. DO NOT expect good service via email - getting them to respond to an email is hit/miss (at least it doesnt for me). Today I tried the online portal and there was no one there (in prior encounters there was). So I called. it took 38 minutes to get picked up (there is no message informing you of where you a re in the queue - I was a little worried that maybe I would just stay in the queue forever and maybe no one was there...)

AND: IF they give you the option of sending a pic to their 'lab' email rather than sending the defective pair: be wary that their lab people may respond at some point that they feel the glasses are able to be fixed by YOU. I called in, sent a new set of pics clearly showing issue with a ruler - and they eventually remade them (and we know how that went).

NOW heres the good thing about Zenni:
-they do have customer service - it is possible to get a hold of them - and they will eventually resolve the matter although you may have to 'work at it' to get there
-with my glasses they haven't yet screwed up the actual prescription on lenses!! somehow they are just bad at drilling holes i guess!! (haha double entendre :) )

beleive it or not I may give them another shot at making some really cheap glasses IN A FRAME. (yeah im' an idiot - but their prices are unbeatable - and previously my experiences with them were great)B&

also be aware: you are not going to get 300 dollar glasses from them for 7 bucks. The quality of their materials for frames is not what you find in most stores. BUT its pretty good and some of it is pretty close to high end frames I have had. (most of my glasses I bought from zenni were around 60-80 bucks but I get photochromic oleophobic lenses in pricier frames - equivalent in a store would be at least 250-300)

sorry about the long post - I want to be detailed for anyone who is going to take the plunge - if you have questions lemme know.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1396 upvotes
Lévis
@ silenthunder

Liek many, I've been shopping with etailers for the last years (two pairs, i keep them a few years each). I'm not one of the early buyer in etailers. My conclusion: they failled to realy improve themselves.

Most of etailers have poor to average selection refinement options on their website, except zenni which is the best IMO. This is the only thing that actually improved a bit but it,s still tedious for most of them. That and maybe a few more options for the glasses.

But for the rest, they haven't evolved much. Most suffer from quality control and it doesn't change. Clearly contact seems better for quality but their prices have increased and they are now almost on par with inexpensives glasses you can get at costco.

So sad.
Pourquoi pas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)