[Amazon Canada] ZOJI Zojirushi SM-SA60-BA Stainless Steel Mug, 20-Ounce, Black

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 3:01 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1238 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
lol RFD making me buy things I don't need!
(edit: I'll probably end up using this eventually :P)
Nov 22, 2012
16 posts
5 upvotes
EAST YORK
Yeah, these are the best. Usually keeps things too hot so I need to decant into a mug. If drinking on the go you have to be careful.
Mine's about 5 years old - not the non-stick version as it will eventually build up a stubborn coffee film which has been a pain to scrub out in the past. I've tried suggestions like denture tablets overnight which did a bit. Then the miracle cleaner someone suggested was a dishwasher tab and hot water. (Duh - seems obvious now.) That film just lifted right off and it's like new. Before this I thought the coating one would be the way to go if getting a new one, but not so much of an issue re. stains so I'm not sure now. Anyway hope that helps those deciding on which version.
Dec 18, 2010
335 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
Do I go with this 20 oz one or the 16 oz slicksteel version? Decisions..
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3596 posts
594 upvotes
Ontario
I bought the 16 oz slick steel version last week for $35 from Amazon, just got shipping notice that it arrived. Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2510 posts
1377 upvotes
Montreal
For those wondering the Contigo from Costco doesn't really keep things warm. The stainless mug is fine but the lid doesn't insulate whatsoever, basically single layer plastic. For warm coffee you are looking at 3 hours tops.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
331 upvotes
You know you have a solid review when 4200+ reviewers total 4.5 stars.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
331 upvotes
iN10Se wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:57 pm
Do I go with this 20 oz one or the 16 oz slicksteel version? Decisions..
Prioritize size over technology.
Dec 18, 2010
335 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
KMKM wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:10 pm
That's definitely what im leaning towards. I have a 17oz Swell bottle and I always wish I had purchased the bigger version but the base of the larger one is too wide. This 20oz version seems to have the same footprint as the 16oz one but just slightly taller.
Oct 20, 2013
798 posts
212 upvotes
Chambly, QC
I have one for a year now.

Keeps Coffe too hot!!

I prepare mine at 07:00 am.
I want to drink it at 18:30, and it’s too hot!!
I have to leave some space in it too add cold water to cool it!
Impressive stuf. The real deal.
Yes it’s pricey, but takes only 10-15 coffee to repay it...
Sep 2, 2017
166 posts
72 upvotes
How is the paint on these, won't chip off or peel easy?
Also is that white mouth piece designed for drinking straight from the mug or pouring?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1041 posts
420 upvotes
Ottawa
KMKM wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:10 pm
Size matters. Not just capacity but dimensions.

I own a 16-oz Zoji. Skinny and tall, it feels great holding it. But...

It does not fill the car cup-holder. It's too slim. So instead of sitting snugly (like a Contigo) it rattles around while I'm driving.

A real nuisance that made me switch back to a wider travel mug.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Apr 8, 2007
585 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I bought this exact one two years ago. It is awesome and worth the price (despite still appearing expensive on sale compared to others). It keeps water hot or cold for a very long time (like over a day). If u need a thermos this is the one to get. Plus it's pretty easy to clean all the parts which is also important.
Oct 30, 2013
85 posts
54 upvotes
Edmonton
I've had a 16 oz. Zojirushi mug for 7 years and I still use it every single day. I love it. Keeps my cold drinks cold forever and my hot drinks hot forever (almost too long, actually). My current one has small dings all over it from my years of abuse and I've had this 20 oz. one on price watch for a while but... I spent too much on myself last week. Must... resist!
Mar 2, 2015
19 posts
5 upvotes
This thing works too well, get use to burning your tongue on your first sip.