Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ZOJI Zojirushi SM-SA60-BA Stainless Steel Mug, 20-Ounce, Black

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 1:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8513 posts
797 upvotes
I see plastic white part or cap at the cover..which is not good for hot drink..my sig bottle is full aluminium

I will try it if there is no plastic
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 5, 2017
116 posts
12 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:41 am
12oz is on sale, $32.97 instead of $49.00
The non coated version, the SM-KHE36AG is 39$, so not much of a discount. I'm weary of coatings slowly dissolving into my drinks.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1873 posts
324 upvotes
gunsmokez wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:04 am
@Thrasher

Nope, coffee does not taste any difference to me. I do not have the ability to go and buy coffee anytime i wish. After 8 hours still very hot, and no odd taste. But, I do take it apart every night and wash it and air dry for next day to use. Used for the last 2 years and still going. 16oz with stainless steel.
I remember I once drank my coffee from my Thermos after about 6-8 hours and it was disgusting. But that could have been probably because it had milk in it. I should repeat this experiment with black coffee and see how it tastes.
May 5, 2017
116 posts
12 upvotes
Thrasher wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:05 am
I remember I once drank my coffee from my Thermos after about 6-8 hours and it was disgusting. But that could have been probably because it had milk in it. I should repeat this experiment with black coffee and see how it tastes.
black coffee holds up better as does tea.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1281 posts
290 upvotes
GTA
kiasu wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:59 am
I see plastic white part or cap at the cover..which is not good for hot drink..my sig bottle is full aluminium

My Tiger Thermos has plastic parts inside like the Zojirushi. The plastic is made for hot liquids. I put boiling hot water in there everyday from work in my thermos and its still good as day 1. Plastic still going strong.
Sep 30, 2010
343 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
kiasu wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:59 am

You might also burn yourself more quickly if it wasn't some sort of plastic. There needs to be some sort of coating for drinking over metallic materials.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1919 posts
759 upvotes
I moved back to Contigo. These things keep my tea TOO hot.

They are well made and an excellent product. If you want something to actually drink out of without taking the entire lid off or pouring it into something else look elsewhere.

I was so frustrated with the old style Contigo mugs but the new ones are MUCH easier to clean.
Jan 3, 2012
551 posts
175 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thrasher wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:05 am
My experience is similar now that I have this item and also a contigo and thermos containerswhere I bring these to work and also on fishing trips . After 6 hours or so , since my coffee has milk and sugar, the taste definitely change no matter which coontainer I use, I think it is the milk going bad
This Zoijurishi can definitely keep fluids for more than 10 hours so now if I use this , its just plain black coffee or tea. I will definitely buy the one without the inside coating if it goes on sale again
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3438 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
I got the slick steel version last night and I have an observation to share. The lid flips up and the metal clip part stays attached to the body, which hits your chin when you take a drink. Also I'm not used to drinking from a mug with a lid attached so you get a wet nose every time you take a drink because the rubber stopper is right there. Pretty annoying I must say but I understand the design is needed to prevent leaks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8513 posts
797 upvotes
siulongluiy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:38 am

You might also burn yourself more quickly if it wasn't some sort of plastic. There needs to be some sort of coating for drinking over metallic materials.
Akizuki wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:33 am
My Tiger Thermos has plastic parts inside like the Zojirushi. The plastic is made for hot liquids. I put boiling hot water in there everyday from work in my thermos and its still good as day 1. Plastic still going strong.
It is not about good or lasting. When plastic hit boiling point, it will release chemical which is not good for health

All my bottles for hot drink have no plastic including kettle..

Basically i wont even consider if there’s even one piece of plastic in there
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1572 posts
109 upvotes
carbide wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:56 am
Good deal, but I would recommend SM-KHE48BA - it is $36.63 at the moment. That one has so called "slick steel" interior, essentially stainless steel with some sort of polishing tech.

The SM-SA series has non-stick film coating inside.
What's wrong with the SM-SA? Don't they both have the same coating?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1572 posts
109 upvotes
Slawek wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:06 am
I got the slick steel version last night and I have an observation to share. The lid flips up and the metal clip part stays attached to the body, which hits your chin when you take a drink. Also I'm not used to drinking from a mug with a lid attached so you get a wet nose every time you take a drink because the rubber stopper is right there. Pretty annoying I must say but I understand the design is needed to prevent leaks.
Flip it open more. Mine does.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3438 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
second2none wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:38 pm
Flip it open more. Mine does.
Well, don't I feel like a moron. Lol thx
Sep 2, 2017
63 posts
23 upvotes
Bafonso wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:37 am
The non coated version, the SM-KHE36AG is 39$, so not much of a discount. I'm weary of coatings slowly dissolving into my drinks.
Looked around at quite a bit reviews, don't think anyone has had any issues with the coatings dissolving(the outside paint on the other hand...), probably the same good quality as the coating they put on their rice cooker inside bowls, that I use 4-5 times a week and that boils the rice really hot and I scrub it in the sink after and still looks brand new 6-7 years later.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1873 posts
324 upvotes
One Amazon review mentioned that the Slick Steel version is only good for water and that coffee/tea would damage the inside wall? Is there any truth to this? Would the coated version be better for tea/coffee?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)