• Feb 14th, 2018 3:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2245 posts
670 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:28 pm
If it works for you, I don't see any reason to stop. I rarely make rice on the stove because it almost always ends up with a mass cleanup due to boil-over. A dedicated rice cooker doesn't do that, and it keeps the rice warm. I have a Japanese made Tiger rice cooker, got it for a wedding present 20+ years ago. I bought a Zojirushi a couple years ago as a backup. Still haven't opened it. Some Asian grocery stores have Tiger rice cookers that are still made in Japan, that might be a good choice too.
Is the tiger rice cooker a pressure cooker?
I’ve seen some expensive tiger brand ones as well.

Which Zojirushi rice cooker did you buy? And did you get it on sale?
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:34 pm
You can keep that middle finger for yourself for asking such a ridiculous question.
Calm down there internet warrior, it’s just a question. No need to get all tough now.

Beneful1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:40 pm
I have a fuzzy logic T-fal which looks eerily similar to a TIger.. I've had it a good 12 years now. I'm thinking I bought it at London Drugs on sale for something like $90 back then.. Anyways, can't complain, it works well.. I can't see spending much more on a rice cooker , especially $200.
Hm I guess inflation really hit home with the rice cookers. The same tier model now is $250
Either that or zojirushi’s got popular and jacked the price up