Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ZOOMER

Share $100 When You Refer a Friend

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 8:25 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
gtjoys wrote: Can you refer someone who’s in the same household? I seem to remember this was mentioned before somewhere.
Yes if you create a new account, both will get $50 credit.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Dec 8, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP. Gonna see if I can convince some friends to switch over...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
906 upvotes
guessguy wrote: Zoomer is yesterday's news. I thought it was a great deal signing up for the $36/2GB deal but after a year into the deal, PM and Koodo had way better deals. Sucked up the cancellation fee and moved to Public Mobile for $38 for 4GB. Not got $40/8GB.
little too late...
How long did it take you to get the migration text from Koodo? Was thinking to switch myself but 4gb for $36 is plenty for me. Best I can get today is 5gb for $35 but the $1 savings isn't worth my effort.

For some reason, I have a feeling the rumored 5G network will be coming out-which is why companies are offering just great plans across the board. Last Christmas I got my parents 4GB unlimited canada wide plans no contract phone plans on Rogers for $40. I suspect by Christmas they will drop the price once again for no contract
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
will888 wrote: I totally agree. I signed up last year on the $36/2GB plan. I took an LG G4 for $250 which was at least $100 or more above what it really was worth. I sold the phone for $150 to a friend who wanted it and didn't mind using a G4 which left me in the hole $130. I thought no big deal, this will work down with time as long as I stayed. At the time, $36 for 2GB was okay. Fast forwards 4 months into the contract and the Koodo migrations via Public Mobile was happening. I reached out to Zoomer and asked if they could give an upgrade to 3GB and I would stay. They refused to budge. I had to pay off the device balance and then they would give me the plan upgrade provided I take yet another overpriced phone on 24 month contract. I refused and told them that I have a much better plan that is available to me and if I am forced to pay off the tab, I much prefer to pay $4 more per month for 3GB more. I had this discussion with several reps who steadfastly said this is our rules, take it or leave it. So, I paid the penalty and left. Factoring in the referrals I earned in the time I was there plus the money from the sale of the phone, I just broke even.

Lesson learned, I will never do this again. Koodo offers referrals as well and without contract. With some fancy footwork, the line that left Zoomer is now on a $35/5GB plan this is discounted to $20 per month for a year with account credits. This does not include referral opportunities which I am trying to capitalize on. I have a hunch that come December, a further betterment of this plan will become available.
The real question is as a Zoomer customer how did you get the PM to Koodo migration deals?

I’d love to sign up for the Koodo 5GB / $35 plan but Koodo won’t give it to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3351 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
They still have the $36 400 minutes and 3GB plan right? Damn, this is really tempting.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3351 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
shayne85 wrote: The real question is as a Zoomer customer how did you get the PM to Koodo migration deals?

I’d love to sign up for the Koodo 5GB / $35 plan but Koodo won’t give it to me.
People are opening an account on PM. Once they are in, they will have to wait for a text offering you to migrate to Koodo. It's not guaranteed (I think)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: They still have the $36 400 minutes and 3GB plan right? Damn, this is really tempting.
Yes until Sept 30th, then after 6 months the $36 loyalty plan is 4GB and unlimited Canada wide minutes. I have the loyalty plan it’s great.

As well if you sign up now, you will get a $50 referral credit on your first bill (that’s if you know someone who has Zoomer).
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2632 posts
2834 upvotes
Niagara, ON
shayne85 wrote: Yes until Sept 30th, then after 6 months the $36 loyalty plan is 4GB and unlimited Canada wide minutes. I have the loyalty plan it’s great.

As well if you sign up now, you will get a $50 referral credit on your first bill (that’s if you know someone who has Zoomer).
Where on the site do you see $36 for 400 min and 3GB?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1548 posts
821 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Zoomer is awesome, moreso now with the bonus 2gb.
Sep 21, 2018
4 posts
9 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: They still have the $36 400 minutes and 3GB plan right? Damn, this is really tempting.
I got this on Thursday by calling in and asking if they had any other plans with more data! For me 3GB is my just right amount. The P20 Lite was $150, so the referral of $50 is nice!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3351 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
How strict Zoomer with someone who has derogatory on their credit file? Is that a big no from them?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: How strict Zoomer with someone who has derogatory on their credit file? Is that a big no from them?
They will ask for security deposit if credit check failed.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3351 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: They will ask for security deposit if credit check failed.
Do you know how much it will be? And how do you send it? Cheque I assume?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: Do you know how much it will be? And how do you send it? Cheque I assume?
IIRC, $150. They will tell you what to do. Call them ask for details
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4546 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
Zoomer is awesome. Been with them for almost 3 years now.

This referral is quiet generous!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1250 posts
214 upvotes
Waterloo
Honestly Zoomer has been great. Just got the 4GB upgrade for $36 a month. Plus their customer service is excellent. Cannot complain.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
What do zoomer customers do when they want a new half decent phone? Buy retail?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
escalade wrote: What do zoomer customers do when they want a new half decent phone? Buy retail?
Koodo sign up and cancel deals.