Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] $40.50 2GB LTE 500 Daytime Canada Wide Promo, Unlimited Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 5:15 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2103 posts
789 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for setting up this thread OP.

Even though you have to make a two year commitment to get this deal, there is no "penalty" for cancelling a contract anymore with any provider in Canada. You simply have to pay off any remaining device subsidy. Some people take the best phone they can get and use it - some sell it to further lower their costs. Some who feel they may want to leave early take a simple flip phone so that they have a very low device subsidy to repay. I've been with Zoomer for over two years and sold the phone I got which reduced my costs by $175. YMMV
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Jan 7, 2017
103 posts
79 upvotes
Hamilton
What are the details on the 6-month loyalty plan that some are offered?

Has anyone roamed with them? Their roaming pricing seems pretty poopy.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2103 posts
789 upvotes
GTA
differing wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 4:17 pm

There is a $36/month Loyalty plan that offers unlimited Canada-wide calling and 2GB Data; a $45/ month plan that offers 4GB Data and a $54/month plan that offers 5GB Data YMMV they may end or change over time.

EDIT:

By Roaming do you mean while out of the country? If so, their data rates while in the US are not great. Most people would probably go with another provider for services outside of Canada. If a person was frequently outside of Canada, they may be better off with another provider IMHO
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2450 posts
324 upvotes
Nepean
I was just about to post the loyalty plans that make zoomer an even better deal but looks like bvit6667 beat me to it lol...
Yes they are YMMV as they may stop them but it has been out for a long time now and they haven't pulled it. But what you cannot beat with zoomer is the customer service if you ever need help. The referral bonuses are great too. I wish they would bring back the double referral bonus as that was sweet. I've been with them for almost 2 years now and don't regret it at all.
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
differing wrote:

they do have travel packs, but a prepaid sim would probably be better in most situations
Jul 15, 2017
2 posts
Asking for a family member who doesn't have a credit card yet. Is it possible to set up Zoomer as a bill payee or use a TD visa debit card and charge it to that, or is an actual CC absolutely required? Thanks.
Dec 14, 2007
357 posts
32 upvotes
Rikersbeard wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 2:19 pm
Thanks, OP! Am with Public Mobile right now but am really thinking of switching given recent changes they've made.
Aren't current public moblie plans grandfathered?

I have the 4gb for $38 deal.
Can't beat that
Dec 4, 2012
83 posts
50 upvotes
BURNABY
I'm on that plan too - hoping they are grandfathered. I'm thinking they may bump the price on that plan eventually - they've done it in the past. I was trying to get my wife onto PM, but now might want to get her on zoomer instead.
Oct 7, 2016
891 posts
442 upvotes
differing wrote:

To piggyback off of @bvit6667 details on the loyalty plans can be found in the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... ot-2058700

Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but plans are still available to date.
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Walmart Grocery: $12.18 for 7.67lbs of AAA Angus Beef

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Nov 25, 2014
54 posts
12 upvotes
calgary ab
Unless you need anykind of long distance minutes...
I was with public but $15 for 400 minutes I thought was just bad, also I found anytime I had a problem with public not having a call number was a big pain and having to go through there forum's

For me the switch to zoomer is day and night better. To each and there own I guess
freewheel wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 5:56 pm
Aren't current public moblie plans grandfathered?

I have the 4gb for $38 deal.
Can't beat that
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1937 posts
1027 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Someone mentioned some changes made to Public Mobile plans. What are these changes?

With Zoomer, is this full voicemail or mini-voicemail?

So to understand this better, you have to be with Zoomer for 6 months to get the Loyalty plans?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest town in Canada
Support local small business
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
StealthFinder wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:16 pm
Someone mentioned some changes made to Public Mobile plans. What are these changes?

With Zoomer, is this full voicemail or mini-voicemail?

So to understand this better, you have to be with Zoomer for 6 months to get the Loyalty plans?
public mobile has increased prices in the past on plans that were supposed to be grandfathered

mini, but full on the loyalty plans

yes.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3659 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
im with zoomer right now and LTE reception is great but not as great as public mobile.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
May 13, 2014
370 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
petepw wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:24 pm
public mobile has increased prices in the past on plans that were supposed to be grandfathered
Has Zoomer never done so before? If so, I'm impressed by their commitment.
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raident wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:37 pm
Has Zoomer never done so before? If so, I'm impressed by their commitment.
no

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)