Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] $40.50 2GB LTE 500 Daytime Canada Wide Promo, Unlimited Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 11:31 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1715 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:07 am
Is there a reason you don't want to pay via CC and earn cashback or rewards?
Not everyone has a credit card.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Jul 19, 2011
20 posts
Richmond Hill
Hi, All,
I moved here from the previous thread.
Does anyone know how to change APN settings on iphone 7 (iOS 10)?
I tried the unblockit.co.nz method, but none of the three Rogers profiles works.
Is there a way I can manually input APN? so I can input the one from OP?
Thanks.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
13564 posts
3279 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:14 am
Not everyone has a credit card.
Then how do you provide a credit card for a credit check, which is what Zoomer will ask?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2882 posts
508 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:48 am
Then how do you provide a credit card for a credit check, which is what Zoomer will ask?
Maybe something like that: (from OP)

"They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in $$$ deposit and still get this plan!"
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
13564 posts
3279 upvotes
Ottawa
Darkman wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:55 am
Maybe something like that: (from OP)

"They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in $$$ deposit and still get this plan!"
I guess they can use the traditional methods, name and address (plus other unique indentificaiton question) to pull up the report.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1715 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:48 am
Not sure what Zoomer will do, but you can use other IDs for credit check in a store. Maybe Zoomer can also offer the plans with bad credit or no credit history like other carriers. They may put a cap on the account and require a security deposit.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2882 posts
508 upvotes
Called Zoomer not long ago ... to verify something (for my $36 2GB, 400 min Canada wide plan) ... and found out some stuff ... positive info, for me anyhow ...

Possibly was discussed here before but here it goes: (I will add it to OP later)

The loyalty deals are still on ( we know that) ...

Verified for myself that $36 plan mentioned above .. can still be switched to loyalty (after 6 months) ... added bonuses would be: Unlimited Canada wide talk and larger voice mail ... -- So basically, even though $36 2GB isn't offered any longer .. the loyalty for it is still on.

At the same time I found it (after asking about it) ... that $36 plan is still offered now ... with 1 GB vs 1 GB though ... BUT (very good thing) ... that plan can still be switched to loyalty (after 6 months) ... added bonuses would be: Unlimited Canada wide talk and larger voice mail ... and you will get bumped up from 1 GB to 2 GB! ... So for those willing to risk that this loyalty will still be on after 6 months, maybe is a good option as well, if can get by with 1 GB for 6 months .. Decide at your own risk though :)

Then I confirmed (which was mentioned before here) ... if go with $40.50 plan (see OP) ... and Choose J3 phone ... -- after 6 months (as long as same loyalty plans are on) -- you can downgrade / "downprice" from $40.50 to $36 (mentioned above) .. and pay $36 - and added bonuses would be: Unlimited Canada wide talk and larger voice mail

Cool :)
Oct 9, 2011
182 posts
41 upvotes
trumanwu wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:22 am
Hi, All,
I moved here from the previous thread.
Does anyone know how to change APN settings on iphone 7 (iOS 10)?
I tried the unblockit.co.nz method, but none of the three Rogers profiles works.
Is there a way I can manually input APN? so I can input the one from OP?
Thanks.

Here is another way of changing the APN on your iPhone if none of the unlockit profiles work - http://download.cnet.com/iPhone-Configu ... 69175.html
Aug 12, 2013
8 posts
HI All!

1. I'm from Niagara region.I'm looking right now for the new plan. After PM decision to make a suicide by making ridiculous 3 G "deal" I think Zoomer's offer looks like a last resort(if you compare with the Chatr 3G). Is LTE quality good enough in Niagara region(St.Catharine or Niagara Falls)?
2.Another possible option: A have 2 SIM phone. First, take talk&text plan from Chatr(no contract) for 25/montly. Second, take a tablet plan from Zoomer (3GB for 25/monthly - 2 year plan with LG tablet for 115. I don't need a Tablet itself , thus I can sell it(more as 115) in order to further reduce costs. What do you think?
Sep 23, 2008
80 posts
38 upvotes
piranha2010 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:17 pm
HI All!

1. I'm from Niagara region.I'm looking right now for the new plan. After PM decision to make a suicide by making ridiculous 3 G "deal" I think Zoomer's offer looks like a last resort(if you compare with the Chatr 3G). Is LTE quality good enough in Niagara region(St.Catharine or Niagara Falls)?
I'm in Niagara too and no trouble with LTE coverage in NF / St Catharines / Welland / Pelham etc.. Never had any problems with Rogers or Fido before either.
Aug 12, 2013
8 posts
9000cc wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:29 pm
I'm in Niagara too and no trouble with LTE coverage in NF / St Catharines / Welland / Pelham etc.. Never had any problems with Rogers or Fido before either.
Thank you 9000cc. Did you ever check speed/latency?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1715 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
piranha2010 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:17 pm
HI All!

2.Another possible option: A have 2 SIM phone. First, take talk&text plan from Chatr(no contract) for 25/montly. Second, take a tablet plan from Zoomer (3GB for 25/monthly - 2 year plan with LG tablet for 115. I don't need a Tablet itself , thus I can sell it(more as 115) in order to further reduce costs. What do you think?
If you want the tablet plan, you should go with Fido when they have the promotion for free tablet and $15/3GB.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Jun 28, 2017
58 posts
20 upvotes
Servicks wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 5:18 pm
Asking for a family member who doesn't have a credit card yet. Is it possible to set up Zoomer as a bill payee or use a TD visa debit card and charge it to that, or is an actual CC absolutely required? Thanks.
You can use a TD VISA Debit to sign up with Zoomer.
Jun 28, 2017
58 posts
20 upvotes
As for Zoomer phones on contract, did anyone unlock their Huawei GR5? If yes, which service have you used.

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)