Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

$40.50 2GB LTE 500 Daytime Canada Wide Promo, Unlimited Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 5:15 pm
Jul 19, 2011
35 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dpw198 wrote: Here is another way of changing the APN on your iPhone if none of the unlockit profiles work - http://download.cnet.com/iPhone-Configu ... 69175.html
Thanks for your help.
unfortunately, this tool does not recognize my phone (iphone 7). it looks apple has discontinued this tool. So I think it makes sense why it does not recognize iphone 7.

sorry to ask again and again.
but does anyone have experience with zoomer wireless + iphone? especially iphone 7?

I have tried unblockit.co.nz
all three rogers profiles failed enabling internet for my phone.
I also tried the iphone configuration utility tool.
it does not recognize my phone...

Thanks for any help.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
trumanwu wrote: Thanks for your help.
unfortunately, this tool does not recognize my phone (iphone 7). it looks apple has discontinued this tool. So I think it makes sense why it does not recognize iphone 7.

sorry to ask again and again.
but does anyone have experience with zoomer wireless + iphone? especially iphone 7?

I have tried unblockit.co.nz
all three rogers profiles failed enabling internet for my phone.
I also tried the iphone configuration utility tool.
it does not recognize my phone...

Thanks for any help.
I've had no issues. It asked me to update carrier settings when I inserted zoomer sim to my 6s Plus and everything's working fine. Apple doesn't really want you to mess around with the settings... if the issues continue go to the Apple Store to get it looked at?
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Jul 19, 2011
35 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SignedA wrote: I've had no issues. It asked me to update carrier settings when I inserted zoomer sim to my 6s Plus and everything's working fine. Apple doesn't really want you to mess around with the settings... if the issues continue go to the Apple Store to get it looked at?
I went to apple store already. I was told that it is not a supported carrier so they cannot do anything. they asked me to go back to carrier.
but it is interesting that it asks you to update carrier settings. I did not get that... probably that is why?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
trumanwu wrote: I went to apple store already. I was told that it is not a supported carrier so they cannot do anything. they asked me to go back to carrier.
but it is interesting that it asks you to update carrier settings. I did not get that... probably that is why?
Yes it should always tell you to update when you insert a sim from a new carrier. Maybe take the sim out insert another sim (different company) and insert zoomer sim again? See if you get the message to reset carrier settings?
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Jul 19, 2011
35 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SignedA wrote: Yes it should always tell you to update when you insert a sim from a new carrier. Maybe take the sim out insert another sim (different company) and insert zoomer sim again? See if you get the message to reset carrier settings?
tried that as well. it does not pop up either. I had my number ported before first using my SIM card, that may break something by accident...
I just do not know how I can work around it...
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
trumanwu wrote: tried that as well. it does not pop up either. I had my number ported before first using my SIM card, that may break something by accident...
I just do not know how I can work around it...
Have you tried to do a factory reset? Just do not forget to do back up before that.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Have you tried to do a factory reset? Just do not forget to do back up before that.
Try a factory reset of the iPhone, set it up as new with the Zoomer SIM and see if that works. You can reset it again later and Restore from Backup then. Restoring from Backup immediately make take you back to the same spot where it's not working.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
trumanwu wrote: Hi, All,
I moved here from the previous thread.
Does anyone know how to change APN settings on iphone 7 (iOS 10)?
I tried the unblockit.co.nz method, but none of the three Rogers profiles works.
Is there a way I can manually input APN? so I can input the one from OP?
Thanks.
Not sure if you mentioned already, but who is the original carrier of the phone? Where was your phone purchased from? Is it a Canadian model? Does it have the right bands? Is it unlocked? Does the old provider SIM still work with LTE? Could the phone have been blacklisted? Does your Zoomer SIM work with LTE in another device?
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
rolomonster wrote: Not sure if you mentioned already, but who is the original carrier of the phone? Where was your phone purchased from? Is it a Canadian model? Does it have the right bands? Is it unlocked? Does the old provider SIM still work with LTE? Could the phone have been blacklisted? Does your Zoomer SIM work with LTE in another device?
Also, I assume Zoomer has verified they have activated data on your plan?
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
So you have to register over the phone? Is it secure to just read the guy your cc number and security code on the back?

This sounds like a good plan though, will probably order today as my Speakout Plan is kind of limited.
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
Also can I port my current Speakout number when I register a Zoomer account, or is it better to just make the Zoomer account with a new number, then port over my Speakout number later?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
BeverlyHills90210 wrote: Also can I port my current Speakout number when I register a Zoomer account, or is it better to just make the Zoomer account with a new number, then port over my Speakout number later?

Thanks.
Register first. They will then send you their SIM card and phone. Once you get that, then call in to port your tel # over.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
BeverlyHills90210 wrote: So you have to register over the phone? Is it secure to just read the guy your cc number and security code on the back?

This sounds like a good plan though, will probably order today as my Speakout Plan is kind of limited.
I think it is better to read the number rather than send it by email or online chat. You just do not do it in a public place.

Speakout is good for occasional users only, such as seniors that need an emergency phone.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
BeverlyHills90210 wrote: Also can I port my current Speakout number when I register a Zoomer account, or is it better to just make the Zoomer account with a new number, then port over my Speakout number later?

Thanks.
Since Speakout is prepaid service, porting out your number might be tricky as there is no account nunmber or account holder's name. It might be easier if you register your info on their online account.
Carry Tel Internet
Oct 28, 2013
1 posts
Markham
shayne85 wrote: Have you tried a Zoomer SIM in the GR5? I put a Fido SIM in the GR5 and it worked just fine.

The GR5 came with the Rogers Self Serve icons installed, when I put in the Fido SIM, they changed to the Fido icons. I assume a Chatr SIM would work just fine.
I put the Chatr SIM in my GR5 and it worked so not sure what the issue is. That said, I am really happy with my Zoomer service so far and plan to stay with them for a long time!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
9613019 wrote: Since Speakout is prepaid service, porting out your number might be tricky as there is no account nunmber or account holder's name. It might be easier if you register your info on their online account.
According to previous posts regarding the $36 plan, Zoomer requires your Speakout tel # AND PIN #. Also, make sure you don't run out of Speakout credits as this will cause you to lose your tel # before it is ported over.
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: According to previous posts regarding the $36 plan, Zoomer requires your Speakout tel # AND PIN #. Also, make sure you don't run out of Speakout credits as this will cause you to lose your tel # before it is ported over.
Thanks. I just activated my Zoomer account and they confirmed what you just said. I need the Speakout PIN and my number to port the Speakout. I just called Speakout to confirm my PIN.
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: According to previous posts regarding the $36 plan, Zoomer requires your Speakout tel # AND PIN #. Also, make sure you don't run out of Speakout credits as this will cause you to lose your tel # before it is ported over.
Hi. Sorry I couldn't reply to your PM regarding my experience with Speakout. RFD will not let me reply to messages.

Anyway, my experience with Speakout was awesome. No complaints. Reception was fine. My only issue was the plans are limited and for heavier use Speakout is not ideal.

I had the 100min/month and unlimited txt for $20 a month. That's great for unlimited txt and when I didn't call much and had zero data. But my usage changed.

I'd recommend Speakout for your parents w o hesitation. Only issue is that if you go over the 100mins plan it's 30c a min.

But if they have no plan or just a txt plan, a 100$ voucher can last a long time. (often deals are 125$ voucher for 100$)...

Tx for your reply about Zoomer.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2036 posts
934 upvotes
Calgary
Is this plan still available because I don't see it on their website
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Deemo wrote: Is this plan still available because I don't see it on their website
Yes, it is still on their website. It is one of the rotating ad on the front page of http://www.zoomerwireless.ca
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)