Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2016

Black Friday Double min/text/data on select plans - $36: 400 Canada Wide Minutes/1GB Data - plus $50 credit per line

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 9:52 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
130 posts
127 upvotes
Earth

Black Friday Double min/text/data on select plans - $36: 400 Canada Wide Minutes/1GB Data - plus $50 credit per line

Zoomer Wireless Double Min/Text/Data Promo, only for couples and family plans
Double mins/text/data promo only eligible with 2 year terms -

Update 5: Zoomer Wireless Double promo is back for black friday on select individual plans and family plans with a $50 credit per line
Update 4: Zoomer now has 3-in-1 sim cards - Thanks to Milwoods for info.
Update 3: Updated phone selection. - Thanks to Paul7777
Update 2: Additional users also receive the 10% discount with Zoomer. Additional users can receive a subsidized phone with two year terms agreements:
- $22.50 added user with Family data share plan: F4NR, ZTE Grand X Plus
- $16.20 added user with Family share plan: F4NR
Update 1: Just to clarify, you will have to take subsidized phones and a two year contract to get the double promo. But you are able to use your own phone with the plan instead of the subsidized phones.

Zoomer Wireless is a reseller of the Rogers Network, LTE data speeds available, Roger EXT Coverage included at no extra charge

$36 Smartphone Plan
- 400 Canada wide minutes, unlimited after 6pm and weekends
- 1GB LTE data
- Unlimited text & MMS (Canada and International)
- Caller ID, Mini Voicemail, Name Display, Conference Calling, Call Waiting
- Subsidized $0 phone: Samsung J3 or Huawei GR5
- Data overage charge is by 1MB increment - 5 cents/1MB - $50/GB.

$72 Family Data Share Plan - for 2 users (4 users max)
- 800 Shared Canada wide minutes, unlimited after 6pm and weekends
- 2GB Shared LTE data
- Caller ID, Mini Voicemail, Name Display, Conference Calling, Call Waiting
- Unlimited Canada wide calling and texting between members on the same plan
- Data overage charge is by 1MB increment - 2 cents/1MB - $20/GB.
- 2 subsidized $0 phones: Samsung J3 or Huawei GR5
- $22.50 per additional user (eligible for F4NR with two year agreements)

*Any plan is eligible to get double mins/text/data except the unlimited plans. See website for details.

Retention Plans for those Zoomer customer with minimum of 6 months service - Ongoing - thanks to embguy

$50 ($45 after 10%) retention plan - Upgraded from the $40($36 after 10%) plan
- Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes
- Caller ID, Enhanced Voicemail, Name Display, Conference Calling, Call Waiting
- 2GB LTE data
- Data overage charge is by 1MB increment - 2 cents/1MB - $20/GB

$60 ($54 after 10%) retention plan - Upgraded from the regular $60($54 after 10%) 600(older) or 800(current) minutes/2GB
- Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes
- Caller ID, Enhanced Voicemail, Name Display, Conference Calling, Call Waiting
- 3GB LTE data
- Data overage charge is by 1MB increment - 2 cents/1MB - $20/GB

Additional info
1. Anyone can subscribe, not just seniors
2. Please don't publicly ask for referrals on this thread (PMs are your friend)
3. There is a $25 referral credit when you get a referral from an existing Zoomer Wireless customer
Last edited by guitarguy12 on Mar 23rd, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 17 times in total.
513 replies
Dec 16, 2013
120 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Love this Zoomer deal. I got my wife to sign up too! Free phone sold on kijiji for extra cash!
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
130 posts
127 upvotes
Earth
I also want to add that Zoomer wireless has very reliable coverage, There is no difference from Rogers

Great customer service, and cheap plans
Last edited by guitarguy12 on Oct 22nd, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 6, 2011
402 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks OP! Anyone know if one can send/receive picture messages (MMS & SMS) without data enabled? Thinking of the $22.50 or the $27 individual plan.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4774 posts
872 upvotes
Montreal
I got this particular promo last summer and have nothing but good words for Zoomer's customer service so far.
As it's a BC-based company, East coast based customers will definitely like its "extended" hours.
May 19, 2015
299 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been with them for 4 months. No problems
Nov 10, 2011
157 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
zherdev wrote: Thanks OP! Anyone know if one can send/receive picture messages (MMS & SMS) without data enabled? Thinking of the $22.50 or the $27 individual plan.
SMS/MMS can only be transmitted over a celluar network. SMS messages are miniscule in size which is why you don't need data, but for MMS you most definitely do.

You can always use apps such as FB messenger/whatsapp/telegram/kakao and send things over wifi
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31014 posts
16763 upvotes
Ottawa
Both wife and I are going on our 2nd year with zoomer and couldn't have been happier.
Never any billing issues and the only time I've had to called them since signing up, was to change to a loyalty/retention plan that saved me an extra $10/month.

Just think of them as an extension of robbers, same network and coverage, but better customer service and pricing.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
130 posts
127 upvotes
Earth
zherdev wrote: Thanks OP! Anyone know if one can send/receive picture messages (MMS & SMS) without data enabled? Thinking of the $22.50 or the $27 individual plan.
Right now the promo appears to be for couples and family plans

-Check out Cityfone which offers the double promo for individual plans with 50% off the first 4 months instead of 10% off each month
Jan 23, 2012
414 posts
110 upvotes
Aurora, ON
How do we sign? Is it only online, or there are locations that we can go to? We are located in Aurora.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
130 posts
127 upvotes
Earth
doctor80 wrote: How do we sign? Is it only online, or there are locations that we can go to? We are located in Aurora.
Call the number listed on their website tomorrow (they are currently closed). They do everything over the phone. - And they will ship you the sim and phone
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
130 posts
127 upvotes
Earth
IWannaWin wrote: Do you mean you can't get the 10% off if you go with the double promo? Because they seem to have 10% BYOP now:
http://www.cityfone.net/rate-plans/brin ... n=BYOP1015
I am sorry, I will clarify that the 10% off is referring to the offer from Zoomer wireless (lifetime rewards bundles) with two year terms - which the double promo was offered for leap year and black friday
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7363 posts
854 upvotes
TO
Didn't even know they started offering retention plans to folks who've stayed for 6 months given the good rates they offer to begin with.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent