Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] << Canada 150 Promo: $45 2.5GB 600min/$54 3GB 800min Unlimited evening/Weekend/Text>>

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2017 1:59 am
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
581 posts
202 upvotes

<< Canada 150 Promo: $45 2.5GB 600min/$54 3GB 800min Unlimited evening/Weekend/Text>>

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 7, 2017
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
Zoomer Wireless is having a Canada 150th anniversary promotion....a lot of the details are the same as the rolomonster's $36 Zoomer Promo (kudos to rolomonster; a link to his thread is included below the Canada 150th promo details). Confirmed the expiry date is July 7th.

Link to the Zoomer Wireless 150th anniversary promotions...
http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/canada-150

$45 Canada 150 Promo (Smart Data Extra Plan):
2.5GB LTE Data
600 Canada-wide minutes
UNLIMITED evenings and weekends from 6PM
UNLIMITED incoming calls
UNLIMITED text, picture and video messages (Canada & International)
Includes Voicemal, call display and name display.
Samsung Galaxy A5 for $150 with 2-year term
ZoomerCan45.png
___
$54 Canada 150 Promo (Smart Data Max Plan):
Samsung Galaxy S6 for $0 with 2-year term
3GB LTE Data
800 Canada-wide minutes
UNLIMITED evenings and weekends from 6PM
UNLIMITED incoming calls
UNLIMITED text, picture and video messages (Canada & International)
Includes Voicemal, call display and name display.
ZoomerCan54.png
___
Link to rolomonster's thread for the Zoomer $36 promo plan...
zoomer-wireless-hot-36-zoomer-promo-400 ... e-2074500/

Additional Zoomer Wireless details......

FAQs:
(Again, thanks to rolomonster for this list)

1. How do I sign up for this Canadian plan, eh?

By activating a chat session with a Zoomer rep or calling in. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $50 bill credit.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. These Canada promo plans are only available on 2 year contract. BYOD plans are as listed on Zoomer website.

3. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use. Fido locked Android phones also work, but YMMV depending on model. If you have an unlocked Android you must enter in the Rogers LTE APN listed below. If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN. YMMV

APN Settings
Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

4. What are these Loyalty Plans I keep hearing about?

Loyalty Plans are plans available to customers that have been with Zoomer for at least 6 months of service but YMMV if these will continue to be offered in the future. To date: $36, $45, $54 and $72 Family Plans all seem to still be available. For more info, check the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... t-2058700/
*Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but is still available to date. But YMMV

5. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

6. How long is this plan/bonus referral available until?

These Canada 150 promotions expire July 7th.

7. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are quick, super friendly and knowledgeable.

8. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.

9. Earn a $50 Referral Credit by getting a referral from a current Zoomer Customer; yes, both the new customer as well as the current Zoomer customer providing the referral will each receive a $50 credit (splitting a total of $100 credit until June 30th - after that it drops back down to a total of $50 or $25 each for new and current Zoomer customer).
*Referral credits for new accounts only and must stay with Zoomer for 30 days or credit gets clawed back from both accounts.

10. Is this plan for you?
If you're paying more $$ for the same or less (data and talk minutes), then Zoomer is a great choice.

11. I've never heard of Zoomer Wireless.
Zoomer Wireless runs on Rogers 4G LTE network, so you will get the same coverage and speeds as Rogers wireless customers.
Last edited by Oatmeal on Jun 16th, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Zooooooomer, just get it!
34 replies
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
If you just want the plan and don't want to use the Galaxy A5, get a cheaper phone then sell it rather than pay $150 upfront for the Galaxy. But the A5 is still a nice phone.
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 4gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10143 posts
1768 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fubsabob wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:27 pm
If you just want the plan and don't want to use the Galaxy A5, get a cheaper phone then sell it rather than pay $150 upfront for the Galaxy. But the A5 is still a nice phone.
I actually would like the A5, decent specs, usb C, and insane battery life.
Oct 7, 2016
821 posts
426 upvotes
A reminder to anyone interested in these plans that the $45 Plan for 2.5gb plan can become the $45 4gb Loyalty Plan after 6 months of service and that the $54 3gb plan can become the $54 5gb Loyalty Plan after 6 months of service.

Also it's not just the Samsung S6 free for the $54 Plan but also the Nexus 6P or the Samsung A5. Any of these three phones for $0. These are all great options if you need a new device.
Zoomer Rep: The big part of our Canada 150 sale is that devices that would normally be $300+ on a $54 plan are now $0  That includes our Huawei Nexus 6P and Samsung Galaxy S6
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Walmart Grocery: $12.18 for 7.67lbs of AAA Angus Beef

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Oct 7, 2016
821 posts
426 upvotes
fubsabob wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:27 pm
Rogido wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:46 pm
I actually would like the A5, decent specs, usb C, and insane battery life.
You could also opt for the $54 Plan. An extra $66 over 24 months, but $0 upfront, extra 500mb/month for the first 6 months, then an extra 1gb per month afterwards on the Loyalty Plan. Personally, may be worth it!
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Walmart Grocery: $12.18 for 7.67lbs of AAA Angus Beef

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10143 posts
1768 upvotes
VANCOUVER
rolomonster wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:47 pm
A reminder to anyone interested in these plans that the $45 Plan for 2.5gb plan can become the $45 4gb Loyalty Plan after 6 months of service and that the $54 3gb plan can become the $54 5gb Loyalty Plan after 6 months of service.

Also it's not just the Samsung S6 free for the $54 Plan but also the Nexus 6P or the Samsung A5. Any of these three phones for $0. These are all great options if you need a new device.
My Virgin $55 plan becomes $65 next year. I wouldn't mind losing a GB to save $11, were it not for the superior Bell LTE network.
Apr 23, 2013
135 posts
35 upvotes
Just want to add more info about the phone.
That is the 2017 version A5, instead of 2016 ver.

It comes with 3 GB RAM instead of 2GB, 16MP front camera instead of 5MP

Very good phone indeed
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1792 posts
95 upvotes
SW Ontario
Rogido wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:52 pm
My Virgin $55 plan becomes $65 next year. I wouldn't mind losing a GB to save $11, were it not for the superior Bell LTE network.
I was with Bell/Koodo before switching. Yes their networks were marginally faster, but it all depends where you are (distance from towers). I've been right beside towers for Bell/Koodo(Telus) and had lackluster speeds. I've had instances where I'll pop onto Bell's LTE network where I have no signal with Zoomer.
Administrator
Nov 22, 2012
98 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
blairs1 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:15 am

I was with Bell/Koodo before switching. Yes their networks were marginally faster, but it all depends where you are (distance from towers). I've been right beside towers for Bell/Koodo(Telus) and had lackluster speeds. I've had instances where I'll pop onto Bell's LTE network where I have no signal with Zoomer.
That's interesting that bell was faster for you. I've got both (bell for work, zoomer/ Rogers for personal) and Rogers is much more reliable for me. I find that bell often shows full signal (on an iPhone 6s) and the pages don't load quickly. The speed on my zoomer phone on the other hand tends to me more consistent.

If I need to browse. I'll reach for my Rogers phone. I can't say I've been very impressed with bell's LTE.

As you said, location is absolutely key. No network is perfect.
Sep 15, 2014
654 posts
101 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Good deal.
Plus if you get a Zoomer customer to refer you, you get $50!
I've been with Zoomer for just over a month and a half now..
Zoomer wireless customer. 400 Canada-wide minutes, 2GB data for $36/mo!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1792 posts
95 upvotes
SW Ontario
excellent3 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:24 am
That's interesting that bell was faster for you. I've got both (bell for work, zoomer/ Rogers for personal) and Rogers is much more reliable for me. I find that bell often shows full signal (on an iPhone 6s) and the pages don't font load. The speed on my zoomer phone on the other hand tends to me more consistent.

If I need to browse. I'll reach for my Rogers phone. I can't say I've been very impressed with bell's LTE.

As you said, location is absolutely key. No network is perfect.
Marginally faster in speed tests.. That doesn't mean that it was always working like it should (as you explained). I've been impressed with Zoomer.

Consistency with Zoomer is key. I've been able to get 30-45Mbps down in speed tests consistently with 1-2 bars in my house (faster than my in-home cable internet in some tests). While Bell had marginally better speeds at times (not always), I'd pick consistency over Bells offerings.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2063 posts
774 upvotes
GTA
blairs1 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:15 am
It's nice that Zoomer offers Roger's Extended Coverage which puts us on another provider for free when we are in limited coverage areas - and even better - it's free!
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
3949 posts
195 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 7:47 pm

This is great information, thanks! Does the $36 Zoomer plan currently convert to a better loyalty plan after 6 months? Looking for something for my parents with more data and I don't think they'd need a new phone, wondering if the $36 is the way to go or spring for the $45 plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1045 posts
65 upvotes
$36 loyalty after six months gets you unlimited minutes so if you already on $36 this plan like me approaching 6 months the $45 just gets you extra .5gb
game_fanatic wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 10:40 am
May 5, 2008
729 posts
160 upvotes
Comparable to PM offers IF you manage to get to a loyalty plan in 6 mnth/ need a new phone or manage to resell the phone you get for
nearly full price. Might be a gamble for some...