Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Black Friday Double min/text/data on select plans - $36: 400 Canada Wide Minutes/1GB Data - plus $50 credit per line

Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
I was looking to renew as our 2 year contract has been over for about a month. With the current promo, it seemed like a good time but I notice it looks like they only now have 1 phone for a $40 plan - the Huawei GR5? We'd be getting 2 since it is the family plan we're on, but really not interested in that phone at all.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
It seems like my dad got one. It says 1gb, 500mb and 500mb for the data.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For those who got the text, are you on a contract or just monthly? I am into my second year of the 2-year 3GB "retention" plan and am extra GB would be nice.
Dec 7, 2014
67 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
i am no longer on contract, and I also got the text saying 1gb, not prorated, for as long as you are on the plan. I called them to confirm.. i pay 45 dollars, so now its 3 gb
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
353 upvotes
I didn't get the text from zoomer wireless n have been with them at the beginning of March of this year. I guess I better call in then to get the extra 1gb. On the 36 dollar plan. Well 40 dollar plan less 10%
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
georgep wrote: For those who got the text, are you on a contract or just monthly? I am into my second year of the 2-year 3GB "retention" plan and am extra GB would be nice.
I got the text.

I am about 2 months away from the end of my contract and about 1 day away from switching to Public Mobile haha.

Zoomer's so good their retention staff can just read minds instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
georgep wrote: For those who got the text, are you on a contract or just monthly? I am into my second year of the 2-year 3GB "retention" plan and am extra GB would be nice.
I'm 3 months away from the end of my 2yr term.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2006
1143 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
All you have to do is call-in and ask for the 1 GB promotion. I got a nice, CSR, looked into the account and got it within seconds.

Also offered 3 phones if I am willing to go on contract ( 1 is not on the website)
Jul 12, 2005
565 posts
185 upvotes
Peterborough
marketb wrote: All you have to do is call-in and ask for the 1 GB promotion. I got a nice, CSR, looked into the account and got it within seconds.

Also offered 3 phones if I am willing to go on contract ( 1 is not on the website)
I did not get the text and am on the family plan ($80 per month after first 3 months 50% off). I told the CSR that a friend of mine had received a text which stated they would be getting 1GB of extra data per month free of charge, and that I would like to receive the same. The CSR told me that is is for single plans, not family plans. She and I discussed how the family plan is exactly the same as two single plans, how Cityfone seems to value a a $40 account more than an $80 account, and that given the now higher probability that I will not remain with them for much longer.

Nothing got me the extra gig. I'll phone back midweek and try again.
Freedom Mobile, Simplii, EQ and Wealthsimple, customer
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
marketb wrote: All you have to do is call-in and ask for the 1 GB promotion. I got a nice, CSR, looked into the account and got it within seconds.

Which ones other than GR5?
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2006
1143 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, dont remember which one tho...still thinking if I should sign...ZTE grand, GR5...and ... sry
Aug 27, 2009
347 posts
238 upvotes
blitzkrieg wrote: I did not get the text and am on the family plan ($80 per month after first 3 months 50% off). I told the CSR that a friend of mine had received a text which stated they would be getting 1GB of extra data per month free of charge, and that I would like to receive the same. The CSR told me that is is for single plans, not family plans. She and I discussed how the family plan is exactly the same as two single plans, how Cityfone seems to value a a $40 account more than an $80 account, and that given the now higher probability that I will not remain with them for much longer.

Nothing got me the extra gig. I'll phone back midweek and try again.
Just give it another try. I am with Zoomer and got the extra gig on my $49.50 couple plan.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1678 posts
1999 upvotes
GTA
In called in and was able to get the extra gigabyte on my $72 family plan without any problems.
Oct 14, 2015
548 posts
644 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Update:

I never got the txt on the $45/month 2GB plan, sent an email to CS and voila 1 GB Data (LOYALTY DATA) added no problem.
So I am at Unlimited Daytime and Canada wide LD and 3Gb/month.
Mar 8, 2011
67 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
What can you do with the credit? Can you use the credit to pay off your monthly bill? Thx.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1498 posts
266 upvotes
Neoyip wrote: What can you do with the credit? Can you use the credit to pay off your monthly bill? Thx.
Yes, it's a bill credit.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1535 posts
1256 upvotes
Hamilton
on a family plan and sent a text to Zoomers about the 1 gig. Got a text back that they gave it to me. Checked my account and is there.
Aug 27, 2009
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
They have new retention plans out as of yesterday. I called there is $50 - 4 g and $60 - 5 g plus 10% discount. Not bad$55 for 5 gigs or $45 for 4 gigs with unlimited calling and texting in Canada. And if your currently paying around these price points you can change your plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
Too itchy wrote: I didn't get the text from zoomer wireless n have been with them at the beginning of March of this year. I guess I better call in then to get the extra 1gb. On the 36 dollar plan. Well 40 dollar plan less 10%
Hubby has been on this plan since the deal last black friday (2015) He has been really happy with the plan, initially it was 1G of data which he never went over. Customer service is the best of any carrier I have ever dealt with (hubby is hard of hearing so I call in for him) and when I heard about the extra 1G being added to compete with the PM promotion, I emailed their customer support and politely asked about it, and a few days later got a reply that 1G extra had been added to his plan. So now he has 2G of data, unlimited everything else for $38/mo... not too shabby. Not as good as my Public Mobile $38 plan mind you, but he's not a heavy data user lol. I can highly recommend Zoomer for lighter data users who don't mind being on rogers network. (I prefer telus for their coverage in rural alberta and the mountains)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)