Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Black Friday Double min/text/data on select plans - $36: 400 Canada Wide Minutes/1GB Data - plus $50 credit per line

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
leorah wrote: I see that the double mins,data etc still on for new subscribers. Do I understand correctly that weekend mins are free only after 6 pm? That would be the deal breaker for me. Otherwise good plans
Unlimited weekend and week days after 6pm
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Dec 4, 2010
277 posts
21 upvotes
toronto
Ty! Looking for a friend and it appeared weekends only after 6 pm just by reading website . I guess she should call. Many thnx for the reply, much appreciated
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
leorah wrote: Ty! Looking for a friend and it appeared weekends only after 6 pm just by reading website . I guess she should call. Many thnx for the reply, much appreciated
If you treat Friday evening as weekend, then unlimited minutes starts on Friday 6pm until Monday morning.
Dec 4, 2010
277 posts
21 upvotes
toronto
embguy wrote: If you treat Friday evening as weekend, then unlimited minutes starts on Friday 6pm until Monday morning.
Yes, I got that now, it was just a little confusing on website. I had to be clear, as I did all the calling for her. All she has to do now is port out. I think it was a good move for her, she has a lot more than on her old plan at a very reasonable price point. No haggling, it is what it is. Simplifies things a lot. Hopefully she can work up to unlimited weekday minutes in a reasonable period of time. In the interim, the double minutes meets her needs.
May 7, 2012
60 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
Why does Zoomer Wireless or Cityfone perform a Credit Check for Month to Month Plan? I had subscribed to Fido and Public Mobile auto-charge monthly plan and they did not perform such check.
What kind of check is this - soft or hard check?
How about if one does not have a credit history?

Link to T&C - http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/terms/terms-and-conditions
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
Will we get something similar this black friday from zoomer? I am debating right now between two options:
1. get the $15 fido 3gb tablet data + $19 zoomer talk/text plan for 6 months, and then move on to the $45 zoomer loyalty plan and get rid of fido.
2. wait till black friday for zoomer's deal, sign up for 6 months, and move on the $45 zoomer loyalty plan.

While option 1 is definitely cheaper, but i use iphone, so no dual sim feature for me, and carrying a wifi hotspot for half a year is torture enough for me.

What do you guys think?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Bbbbbbg wrote: Will we get something similar this black friday from zoomer? I am debating right now between two options:
1. get the $15 fido 3gb tablet data + $19 zoomer talk/text plan for 6 months, and then move on to the $45 zoomer loyalty plan and get rid of fido.
2. wait till black friday for zoomer's deal, sign up for 6 months, and move on the $45 zoomer loyalty plan.

While option 1 is definitely cheaper, but i use iphone, so no dual sim feature for me, and carrying a wifi hotspot for half a year is torture enough for me.

What do you guys think?
You can do #1 off contract and then be eligible for the $36 2gb plan of it comes around for black Friday under contract. And then switch to a Loyalty Plan after 6 months. However doing this method, I don't think your be eligible for any referral credits as I think in order to earn a this you need to sign a contract but not 100% sure. I suggest touching base with a Zoomer rep via chat and finding out for sure. If not, I say wait the 3 weeks for BF so that you can earn a referral credit and get the possible 2gb for $36 plan.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: You can do #1 off contract and then be eligible for the $36 2gb plan of it comes around for black Friday under contract. And then switch to a Loyalty Plan after 6 months. However doing this method, I don't think your be eligible for any referral credits as I think in order to earn a this you need to sign a contract but not 100% sure. I suggest touching base with a Zoomer rep via chat and finding out for sure. If not, I say wait the 3 weeks for BF so that you can earn a referral credit and get the possible 2gb for $36 plan.
This is what I am thinking and leaning towards. I mean BF is in 3 weeks times, so the sacrifice of delaying the loyalty plan for more 3 weeks can be justified if anything amazing comes out of BF. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Bbbbbbg wrote: This is what I am thinking and leaning towards. I mean BF is in 3 weeks times, so the sacrifice of delaying the loyalty plan for more 3 weeks can be justified if anything amazing comes out of BF. Thanks!
If/when the 2GB $36 promo comes back, ask a rep if there is a $45 2.5gb or $54 3gb plan available. There should be. It would be the $45 and $54 plan listed on the website with double everything + 1gb just like the $36 promo. This should help with a little bit of extra data. If you chose the $54 plan route, just make sure you select a phone that is under the is free for $45 plans and under, if not you won't be able to downgrade from $54 plan to $45 Loyalty Plan after.

Hope this makes sense.
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: If/when the 2GB $36 promo comes back, ask a rep if there is a $45 2.5gb or $54 3gb plan available. There should be. It would be the $45 and $54 plan listed on the website with double everything + 1gb just like the $36 promo. This should help with a little bit of extra data. If you chose the $54 plan route, just make sure you select a phone that is under the is free for $45 plans and under, if not you won't be able to downgrade from $54 plan to $45 Loyalty Plan after.

Hope this makes sense.
I am doing BYOD and without a contract, so I don't think I'll be eligible for free phone anyways. My goal is to jump to their retention as soon as possible. As I understand it, once I signed a contract, I won't be able to change to the retention?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Bbbbbbg wrote: I am doing BYOD and without a contract, so I don't think I'll be eligible for free phone anyways. My goal is to jump to their retention as soon as possible. As I understand it, once I signed a contract, I won't be able to change to the retention?
You are wrong. You can switch to loyalty plan after 6 months and continue with your contract for the remaining 18 months as long as the cost for the loyalty plan is the same or higher.

BTW, you don't get double data and extra 1GB promo if you are not getting a contract with a free phone.
Last edited by embguy on Nov 4th, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Bbbbbbg wrote: I am doing BYOD and without a contract, so I don't think I'll be eligible for free phone anyways. My goal is to jump to their retention as soon as possible. As I understand it, once I signed a contract, I won't be able to change to the retention?
In that case you won't be able to get the $36 2gb promo even if it comes out for BF. The 2gb is exclusive if you sign a contract. However you can get it under loyalty with or without a contract after 6 months. You would only get 500 mb of data for the $36 plan without contract. Check the thread in my signature for detailed FAQs. What I did when I signed up was take the $36 2GB plan with the lowest end phone as the buyout cost was the lowest. If I ever wanted to leave Zoomer or upgrade my device, I'd only have to pay $100 / 24 x the amount of months left on my contract.

Edit: This is the thread I'm referring.

[Zoomer Wireless] {HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st - RedFlagDeals.com Forums zoomer-wireless-hot-36-2gb-lte-400-dayt ... t-2074500/
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
embguy wrote: You are wrong. You can switch to loyalty plan after 6 months and continue with your contract for the remaining 18 months as long as the cost for the loyalty plan is the same or higher.

BTW, you don't get double data and extra 1GB promo if you are not getting a contract with a free phone.
Perfect. Good to know! thanks for the info
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: In that case you won't be able to get the $36 2gb promo even if it comes out for BF. The 2gb is exclusive if you sign a contract. However you can get it under loyalty with or without a contract after 6 months. You would only get 500 mb of data for the $36 plan without contract. Check the thread in my signature for detailed FAQs. What I did when I signed up was take the $36 2GB plan with the lowest end phone as the buyout cost was the lowest. If I ever wanted to leave Zoomer or upgrade my device, I'd only have to pay $100 / 24 x the amount of months left on my contract.

Edit: This is the thread I'm referring.

[Zoomer Wireless] {HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st - RedFlagDeals.com Forums zoomer-wireless-hot-36-2gb-lte-400-dayt ... t-2074500/
Nice! perfectly understood now. all that's left to do is wait for zoomer to post some sweet deal and sign a contract with them grabbing the cheapest phone available. fingers crossed for BF. Thanks for the info, appreciate it. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)