Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
FKEezy wrote: So I signed up for zoomer on July 31st and still haven't received my phone. I call them today and they said they had left a voicemail telling me I first need to make a $150 deposit and I will get it back in 6 months. Anybody heard of this?
Yes I had to give a $150 deposit
Jan 5, 2013
803 posts
220 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Does anybody know how much I will have to pay for the phone if I cancel before 2 years? Is it the same if I cancel after 2 months and 19 months or is it a tab balance like koodo does?
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Petrified1 wrote: Does anybody know how much I will have to pay for the phone if I cancel before 2 years? Is it the same if I cancel after 2 months and 19 months or is it a tab balance like koodo does?
more like a tab. something like $7 comes off the balance each month. depends on your plan and which device. $150 / 24 months is $6.25 a month
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Petrified1 wrote: Does anybody know how much I will have to pay for the phone if I cancel before 2 years? Is it the same if I cancel after 2 months and 19 months or is it a tab balance like koodo does?
Zoomer has a phone account - but you cannot access that account online. If you took a $250 phone like Huawei GR5, your phone account will go down by $10.42/m. You need to pay the phone account balance when you cancel your contract.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
embguy wrote: Zoomer has a phone account - but you cannot access that account online. If you took a $250 phone like Huawei GR5, your phone account will go down by $10.42/m. You need to pay the phone account balance when you cancel your contract.
With my previous provider, Telus, they would typically forgive the last few months' balance if you committed to another two year contract. Does anyone know if Zoomer does the same thing?

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the GR5, but I have to admit it would be fun to get a new device in a year's time instead of waiting until my full two year contract has expired.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2004
5279 posts
55 upvotes
Richmond
Do they have any current deals right now? The prices posted on their front page are straight up crappy.
Heat @ 370+
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Same deal still still on, in a newer thread, now with a LG G4
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Same deal still still on, in a newer thread, now with a LG G4
Care to include the link? I remember seeing that thread, but can't seem to find it anymore.
Jan 20, 2017
53 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver BC
I've been signed up for about 8 months now and I'm very happy with the service! For a user that is on Wifi most of the time, I probably end up using maybe 1GB a month (on mobile maps, etc.) so my 2GB plan is perfect.

Thanks Zoomer, and thanks OP! I'm seeing the deal is active in another thread now.
zoomer-wireless-zoomer-black-friday-dea ... m-2142135/
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
DStriderX wrote: Mackoy and I are at least two people on this thread that have rooted our GR5 and installed a custom rom. Rather than re-invent the wheel, all step by step instructions are available on XDA and general tips are in this thread.

I suggest you read the instructions re: unlocking bootloader for 5X, making a nandroid back-up, and installing custom roms. At first, it appears to be daunting but it is relatively easy if you have read and understood the instructions. I am happy to answer any specific questions, but unable to hold anyone's hand since I work and have a family.

Because there is risk involved, it is better to teach you to fish rather than give you a fish... sorry for the cliche, but it is true.

Let me start by pointing you in the right direction:
  • Zoomer/Roger's GR5 is a rebranded Honour 5X without dual SIM support. Our model is KII-L05 (K refers to kiwi)
  • The US model is the kiwi-21 and other countries will use kiwi-XX
  • LineageOS 14.1 has direct support for our KII-L05. Other custom roms ASOP will work, but you will need to research the roms yourself
  • Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty
  • Make a nandroid back-up of your phone before attempting to root (use tools such as TWRP)
NOTE: If you wish to network unlock the phone -- DO THIS FIRST before doing anything else. I learned the hard way that network unlocking will FAIL with a custom roms installed.
Sorry to wake up an old thread.
Is the Lineage OS 14.1 support dual SIM? If not, is the second SIM hardware disabled by Huawei?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
May 3, 2011
259 posts
107 upvotes
Is there wifi calling? I tried to activate it on my phone, but it brings me to a Roger's website and gives me and error when I try to verify with my phone number.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)