Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] {HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2107 posts
792 upvotes
GTA
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:38 pm
One last thing, is data capped on this so for example if you go over your alloted data, do you get charged or does it get cut off?
You get charged for data over the plan limit. You can keep an eye on your usage through their "Usage" tab on their website on the "My Account" page.

I believe the data overage charges are $0.02 per MB

Edit:

Just did an online chat with David at Zoomer...the overage charge is $0.05 per MB
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bvit6667 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:45 pm
You get charged for data over the plan limit. You can keep an eye on your usage through their "Usage" tab on their website on the "My Account" page.

I believe the data overage charges are $0.02 per MB

Edit:

Just did an online chat with David at Zoomer...the overage charge is $0.05 per MB
It's 0.02 on the loyalty.
Nov 23, 2015
115 posts
50 upvotes
Springfield, MB
alanharpar wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:43 pm
Wish Zoomer can have a physical store
While standing in the shower I've mulled over the idea of doing the work for them by renting a table at the mall and encouraging people to sign up with my referral Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 16, 2017
27 posts
9 upvotes
Mount Royal
56kbps wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 4:35 pm
While standing in the shower I've mulled over the idea of doing the work for them by renting a table at the mall and encouraging people to sign up with my referral Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
That's a good business idea. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Sep 15, 2014
703 posts
113 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thinking I might end up going through with this.
Debating whether to go with the 2GB or 3GB plan..
I guess the G4 is probably the best phone for 3GB and the GR5 is best for 2GB.

How good are either of these phones for tethering? As well.. how easy/expensive is it to unlock either of these phones?

I have the 3GB fido tablet plan and I'd like to swap the sims between my current phone and the "backup" "free" phone.. G4 might be better suited for that since it's a nano sim..

It may have been answered here.. but how does roaming work with Zoomer? Do I lose the "roam like home" that I have with Rogers?

Also.. has anyone been able to get them to add call forwarding for free? Thinking to a scenario where I run out of data and put the fido sim in my primary phone.. if I don't want to carry two phones, I'd like to forward all calls to a fongo number..
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheImp wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 5:00 pm
Thinking I might end up going through with this.
Debating whether to go with the 2GB or 3GB plan..
I guess the G4 is probably the best phone for 3GB and the GR5 is best for 2GB.

How good are either of these phones for tethering? As well.. how easy/expensive is it to unlock either of these phones?

I have the 3GB fido tablet plan and I'd like to swap the sims between my current phone and the "backup" "free" phone.. G4 might be better suited for that since it's a nano sim..

It may have been answered here.. but how does roaming work with Zoomer? Do I lose the "roam like home" that I have with Rogers?

Also.. has anyone been able to get them to add call forwarding for free? Thinking to a scenario where I run out of data and put the fido sim in my primary phone.. if I don't want to carry two phones, I'd like to forward all calls to a fongo number..
Any android phone can be tethered.

GR5 at ~15 to unlock, G3 at ~3.

No roam like home with zoomer, you need to buy travel packs.

Call forwarding is not free.
Sep 15, 2014
703 posts
113 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
petepw wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah, call forwarding is an add on.. but sometimes you can get freebies added on? I know Rogers does this sometimes if you talk to retentions.. how about Zoomer? Has anyone tried?
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
6850 posts
7456 upvotes
petepw wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 5:12 pm

Zoomer call forward is $3/m.
I call forward with "no answer"/busy/"not available" to Fongo number to answer my call. Fongo email me the voice mail file. It is sort of poor man's visual voicemail for Android phone user.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheImp wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 5:23 pm
Yeah, call forwarding is an add on.. but sometimes you can get freebies added on? I know Rogers does this sometimes if you talk to retentions.. how about Zoomer? Has anyone tried?
Just went in and asked CS for you, they don't do "freebies" but they do occasionally do have promos in which case they will send emails to all users, such as this one right here. Who knows, maybe there will be such a promo in the future.

As for retentions, I haven't actually threatened leaving like I have with fido since I see no reason to. But I doubt they will budge since they are already better than all the competition.
Jul 17, 2006
107 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:17 am
Quite a few people sell the phone they receive from Zoomer - either because they already have a phone they are happy with and want to further reduce their overall costs or because they want a different (or better phone).

If you decide to sell the GR5 you may want to hold off until after Zoomer's promo ends...there seem to be a lot of them for sale on Kijiji right now in the GTA (seems like most are locked to Rogers so probably Zoomer phones)
Thanks for all your replies everyone.
Dec 10, 2010
94 posts
10 upvotes
petepw wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 10:17 pm
Absolutely, both those phones will work with their network/LTE, it's exactly the same as Rogers.

Yes, you can use referrals at the same address. You can refer your wife, your wife can refer your son.

I really recommend you make the switch. The difference is day and night from when I was with wind.
Thanks for the info. I'm so excited and ended up convincing my parents and brother to also make the switch :D
Our wind tabs are done next week so I plan on making the switch very soon!
Oatmeal wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 10:47 pm
Just remember for the $36 plan, to get 2GB data, you need to get a phone from Zoomer. Either choose the cheapest flip phone or the GR5 if you know someone in the family that could use a new phone OR sell it to help with your phone bill.
I'll probably end up selling them, or at least 1. Depends on how it compares to an S4.
dpw198 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 7:33 am
I too was with Wind for many years and switched two of my lines (still have 4 lines with Wind, that I will be switching soon). The quality of signal is like night and day. With Wind, I get no data in downtown Toronto or on my way home on the train, now I even get a signal while I'm inside an elevator.
That sounds so amazing. I mean I would still rate my experience with wind a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 because of the savings and unlimited everything, but this deal just seems like a no brainer. Plus recently my signal at home with wind has somehow degraded, so I'm taking that as a sign to abandon them :D

Thanks for the replies!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26808 posts
1671 upvotes
Winnipeg
rolomonster wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:40 pm
The only thing you should make sure is that your iPhone is an unlocked iPhone or a Rogers locked iPhone. There are people who have said their Fido locked iPhones do not work with Zoomer unless unlocked.
That can't be right, all 3 are on the same network
Jul 28, 2014
934 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
divx wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:32 am
That can't be right, all 3 are on the same network
Fido iphones will not work with zoomer.
Last edited by petepw on Apr 19th, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2016
914 posts
448 upvotes
petepw wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 10:32 am
Fido phones will not work with zoomer.
Fido locked phones except for iPhones should work. As far I have heard, only iPhones have not worked. I personally have tried a Fido locked Axon and it worked, but YMMV.
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest for new chequing & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)