Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Oatmeal wrote:
The sooner you sign up the sooner you'll be eligible. The bonus data and bonus referral credits offered with this $36 plan should ease the 6 month wait time.

Since the bonus 1GB data will be ending June 30th, Zoomer will be crazy busy, so if you're thinking about it just get the ball rolling. Chat or call in.
Does anyone know for sure if the referral bonus is going to be reduced at the end of June?
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
bvit6667 wrote: Does anyone know for sure if the referral bonus is going to be reduced at the end of June?
just speculation right now ... but the rep who contacted me yesterday mentioned that both the referral and promo will be ending end of this month ...
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
ValueHunter999 wrote: just speculation right now ... but the rep who contacted me yesterday mentioned that both the referral and promo will be ending end of this month ...
If both of those bonuses end on June 30 they will be crazy busy as people try to take advantage before they end.
Dec 19, 2014
19 posts
8 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Not a current zoomer customer, but I've been with simplyconnect (was rbctalkandsave, also cityphone) for 2 years and my contract with them is up, anyone know if loyalty plans extend to other cityphone customers? or just zoomer customers?

also, last time I tried to use a referral to sign up they gave me a real hard time and asked me for my "friend's" full name and address to be able to get the credit and I ended up telling them to forget about it. is it easier this time around? [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 17th, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not permitted
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
I believe I read in a previous post that someone coming over from simply connect wasn't eligible for the referral. You can double check with them via chat. Also not entirely sure about the loyalty - I'm thinking they'll say not until you've been with Zoomer for 6 months. Let us know what they say.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Oct 12, 2008
336 posts
855 upvotes
I am in Edmonton, I got between 1 to 3 bar out of 5 signal bar, Is it normal? Even with freedom mobile, I can get 5 out 5.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16763 posts
8093 upvotes
freeatom wrote: I am in Edmonton, I got between 1 to 3 bar out of 5 signal bar, Is it normal? Even with freedom mobile, I can get 5 out 5.
One bar on Zoomer is better than 5 bars on Wind/Freedom. I'm surprised you're even asking.
Jul 27, 2014
242 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Regarding the Canada 150 sale, has anyone asked/know (confirmed) what the early cancellation fee is on the sale phones (ie. Galaxy A5)?

Specifically, the A5 is regular $500 no term pricing and $300 on 2-year contract (ie. $200 discount received, payable if early cancellation); but on sale right now for $150, so would the ECF still be $200 owing...or have they added the extra $150 off to the 'discount' amount (where if you cancelled contract, you would pay $350 owing)?

Hopefully that makes sense, please let me know if you any info/confirmation.

Cheers!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ryantoy wrote: Regarding the Canada 150 sale, has anyone asked/know (confirmed) what the early cancellation fee is on the sale phones (ie. Galaxy A5)?

Specifically, the A5 is regular $500 no term pricing and $300 on 2-year contract (ie. $200 discount received, payable if early cancellation); but on sale right now for $150, so would the ECF still be $200 owing...or have they added the extra $150 off to the 'discount' amount (where if you cancelled contract, you would pay $350 owing)?

Cheers!
i was looking into the same ... but had not asked about it ...

i suspect a sale is a sale ... so even if you break the term, you will only be responsible for the subsidy which is the $200 sale price ... (after the upfront $150)

so you will have to pay off the rest which is $200/24*remaining months in term * taxes

are you only interested in getting the phone? if so there are places that are much cheaper right now ... but if you are interested in the plan itself, then it is a different story ...
Last edited by LOL808 on Jun 17th, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3017 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad the mandatory free unlocking mandated by the CRTC, won't take effect til Dec.
Sadly my iPhone is locked to Fido, so from what I gather, i can't go with Zoomer.
Last edited by blindemboss on Jun 17th, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
ryantoy wrote: Regarding the Canada 150 sale, has anyone asked/know (confirmed) what the early cancellation fee is on the sale phones (ie. Galaxy A5)?

Cheers!
Good question. No idea where that $150 comes out of. Please follow up on this thread of you hear anything :)
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
blindemboss wrote: Too bad the mandatory free unlocking mandated by the CRTC, won't take effect til Dec.
Sadly my iPhone is locked to Fido, so from what I gather, i can't go with Zoomer.
not 100% sure, but fido is "part" of the rogers family ... so may be it is possible to use it with zoomer ... which is rogers anyway ...

i have recently unlocked my old nokia phone with rogers and they reversed the unlock fee of $50 ... you just need to beg the rep and test yr luck ...
Dec 9, 2010
500 posts
92 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: not 100% sure, but fido is "part" of the rogers family ... so may be it is possible to use it with zoomer ... which is rogers anyway ...

i have recently unlocked my old nokia phone with rogers and they reversed the unlock fee of $50 ... you just need to beg the rep and test yr luck ...
Fido iPhone: Need to unlock first, then you can use it with Zoomer

Rogers iPhone: Can use with Zoomer immediately

Fido or Rogers non-iPhone: Can use with Zoomer immediately
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
pazuzu wrote: also, last time I tried to use a referral to sign up they gave me a real hard time and asked me for my "friend's" full name and address to be able to get the credit and I ended up telling them to forget about it. is it easier this time around? [removed]
When I signed up, I only gave the first name and account number of the friendly RFDer whose referral I was using, and it worked (somewhat to my surprise, I was expecting the treatment you got).

Then I gave my first name and account number to refer someone else, and it worked. So based on that, I can conclude that Zoomer is not one of those companies that actively tries to screw people out of referral benefits.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
56kbps wrote: When I signed up, I only gave the first name and account number of the friendly RFDer whose referral I was using, and it worked (somewhat to my surprise, I was expecting the treatment you got).

Then I gave my first name and account number to refer someone else, and it worked. So based on that, I can conclude that Zoomer is not one of those companies that actively tries to screw people out of referral benefits.
I didn't even need to give a name for the referral, just the account number was all they needed.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
petepw wrote: I didn't even need to give a name for the referral, just the account number was all they needed.
Seems to depend on the CSR you are working with. Some ask for a full name and account or phone number... Some don't
Dec 9, 2010
500 posts
92 upvotes
If that happens, ask the CSR back if they know the addresses of all of their friends. Very rude question for them to ask. First time I'm hearing about this.
Dec 19, 2014
19 posts
8 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Called zoomer, and I ended up getting a simplyconnect loyalty plan as (according to the csr) switching to zoomer would require setting up a new account and a credit check. Initially tried to get the $36/m plan with the A5 but they wanted $250 for it as the phone has a $60/m minimum to be free ($150 for 45/m 10% off), and decided on the loyalty $60/m 5gb unlimited canada wide calling. My employer pays $60/m of my phone bill anyway. Wasn't able to use a referral as I'm already a customer :(. thanks guys!
Last edited by pazuzu on Jun 18th, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
pazuzu wrote: Called zoomer, and I ended up getting a simplyconnect loyalty plan as (according to the csr) switching to zoomer would require setting up a new account and a credit check. Initially tried to get the $36/m plan with the A5 but they wanted $150 for it as the phone has a $60/m minimum to be free, and decided on the loyalty $60/m 5gb unlimited canada wide calling. My employer pays $60/m of my phone bill anyway. Wasn't able to use a referral as I'm already a customer :(. thanks guys!
Yes, $150 upfront for $50 plan for A5. $0 for $60 plan.
You will be on hook for the 2 years contract if you left your employer sometime within next 2 years. I guess you can say "Here is the phone A5 and still have so many months remaining on the contract". Is your name on the contract or your employer?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
pazuzu wrote: Called zoomer, and I ended up getting a simplyconnect loyalty plan as (according to the csr) switching to zoomer would require setting up a new account and a credit check. Initially tried to get the $36/m plan with the A5 but they wanted $150 for it as the phone has a $60/m minimum to be free, and decided on the loyalty $60/m 5gb unlimited canada wide calling. My employer pays $60/m of my phone bill anyway. Wasn't able to use a referral as I'm already a customer :(. thanks guys!
could you have not just sign up as a new user with a new account using a referral and get the $50 referral bonus ...

if i had an existing zoomer account and want to refer a family member but still using my own name for the new account, will i be prevented from getting a referral bonus for being both a referer and a referee?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)