Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Nov 14, 2004
498 posts
62 upvotes
Markham
I am on the fence!
I am with public mobile now, most of the time it only offers 3g service indoor, but of course it's 12GB per 90days which is sweet!
Did Zoomer charge for activation fee?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
greatdeal wrote: I am on the fence!
I am with public mobile now, most of the time it only offers 3g service indoor, but of course it's 12GB per 90days which is sweet!
No activation fee. Free phone. Free sim.

However, if you need that 4gb data, you should stay with Public obviously.

Of course, Rogers vs. Telus reception will depend on your area. I suggest you ask someone who is on Rogers/Fido in your area to determine if their signal is any better.

Then again, it's still going to come down to if you need that 4gb vs. the 2gb. Also, note the Zoomer plan has canada-wide minutes vs. province-wide with Public.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stay with Public. More data, can use phones purchased from Koodo without unlocking. Reception is on-par with Zoomer.
-
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
Got my wife and I switched over. Every time we talked to Zoomer's customer service, they were friendly and very helpful. Between the two of us, we got $150 in referral credits because I got referred, then I "referred" my wife. Zoomer rep was very accommodating when I asked to "refer" my wife to get the extra credit. We just had to give them two different credit card numbers to start off, then after the second account is activated, you can switch it to the same card if you want.
Aug 17, 2008
422 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Question, why would you want to consider leaving Public? I was so upset at myself that I missed out on that deal.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
darkstar107 wrote: Got my wife and I switched over. Every time we talked to Zoomer's customer service, they were friendly and very helpful. Between the two of us, we got $150 in referral credits because I got referred, then I "referred" my wife. Zoomer rep was very accommodating when I asked to "refer" my wife to get the extra credit. We just had to give them two different credit card numbers to start off, then after the second account is activated, you can switch it to the same card if you want.
Good to know that. I was going to refer my wife to the program too. Especially if you save so much money by referral.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
I've been with Zoomer for 18 months now. I never even paid attention to referrals and then all of a sudden I got a few referrals. Free money is awesome. IMHO the monthly fee was good enough of a price but the referrals are just a bonus on what is a great company in terms of customer service. Those waiting, stop waiting lol...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13461 posts
12205 upvotes
If you don't need Canada wide minutes and you need average 4GB data/m, you should stay with PM. Zoomer plan is not for every one.
Zoomer does not charge activation fee. Just $36/m + tax. You are in ON and there is no 911 fee for ON residence.

While we are in the topic of 911 fee, for those people living in the provinces with 911 fee(NS 43¢/mo, AB 44¢/mo, QC 46¢/mo, NB 53¢/mo, SK 62¢/mo, PEI 70¢/mo, NL 75¢/mo), there is a work around if you have more than 1 numbers with Zoomer. You will be saving 1x 911 fee if you put 2 numbers in a family plan.

Rules for family plan:
1. Zoomer charge 911 fee one time no matter you have 2 line or 4 lines in the family plan.
2. Tax for the family plan is taxed according to province of the primary number - NOT individually.

I have 4 numbers with Zoomer - 3 numbers in Alberta and 1 number in Ontario. All of them under the same account. Starting April, I moved 2 numbers into a $72 family plan with shared 1000 minutes/4GB data. I assigned an Alberta number as the primary number and the ON number as the secondary number for the family plan. By doing so, I have reduced the tax for one number by 8% (ON HST 13% - AB GST 5%). But I am not saving any 911 fee as there is no 911 fee for ON number.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Just received May's Zoomer Magazine in the mail. The Zoomer Wireless ad shows the Double Minutes, Texts and Data promo and (in the fine print) it states "...Offer Expires June 30, 2017, or while quantities last...".

My guess is that the double minutes, texts and data will continue on for a while but the $50 referral credit and the 2 GB of Data will end sooner. YMMV
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote: Just received May's Zoomer Magazine in the mail. The Zoomer Wireless ad shows the Double Minutes, Texts and Data promo and (in the fine print) it states "...Offer Expires June 30, 2017, or while quantities last...".

My guess is that the double minutes, texts and data will continue on for a while but the $50 referral credit and the 2 GB of Data will end sooner. YMMV
i'm just surprised people still even read magazines
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
embguy wrote: If you don't need Canada wide minutes and you need average 4GB data/m, you should stay with PM. Zoomer plan is not for every one.
Zoomer does not charge activation fee. Just $36/m + tax. You are in ON and there is no 911 fee for ON residence.

While we are in the topic of 911 fee, for those people living in the provinces with 911 fee(NS 43¢/mo, AB 44¢/mo, QC 46¢/mo, NB 53¢/mo, SK 62¢/mo, PEI 70¢/mo, NL 75¢/mo), there is a work around if you have more than 1 numbers with Zoomer. You will be saving 1x 911 fee if you put 2 numbers in a family plan.

Rules for family plan:
1. Zoomer charge 911 fee one time no matter you have 2 line or 4 lines in the family plan.
2. Tax for the family plan is taxed according to province of the primary number - NOT individually.

I have 4 numbers with Zoomer - 3 numbers in Alberta and 1 number in Ontario. All of them under the same account. Starting April, I moved 2 numbers into a $72 family plan with shared 1000 minutes/4GB data. I assigned an Alberta number as the primary number and the ON number as the secondary number for the family plan. By doing so, I have reduced the tax for one number by 8% (ON HST 13% - AB GST 5%). But I am not saving any 911 fee as there is no 911 fee for ON number.
Very well said and well thought about trying to save every penny.

I was thinking of the family plan and did not find any particular advantage for that since zoomer to zoomer is free anyway and both of us will be in the same province. I guess with more members you have some significant savings.
Apr 1, 2005
437 posts
433 upvotes
So to get this $36 plan, I have to sign a 2yr contract? And signing a 2yr contract will also get me a free phone?
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
jacjac_c wrote: So to get this $36 plan, I have to sign a 2yr contract? And signing a 2yr contract will also get me a free phone?
Yes to get the free phone and referral credit you need to be in a contract. I am told that you can be in a month to month on the $36 plan . If you are planning to join as soon as possible to get the referral credit of $50.

Their phones are not the very best so don't count on that too much. Actually if you call them and talk to them they will tell you that upfront and it keeps the price down for the whole plan.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
jacjac_c wrote: So to get this $36 plan, I have to sign a 2yr contract? And signing a 2yr contract will also get me a free phone?
Yes to both. I'd recommend signing the contract, selling the free phone for ~150 to pay for about 3 months of service and using your current device.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1165 posts
199 upvotes
I went for the Huawei GR5 and am about to sell it for $150, which is like getting $6.25 off each month for the 24-month contract, and with the other $50 referral credit I got from an existing Zoomer customer, that's like another $2.08 per month, so I look at it as more like $27.67 per month instead of $36. And even lower if you can get referrals from friends or family!

This is how I was able to easily justify switching from a Speakout $35/month plan (200 minutes and 500MB data), even though with the Speakout bonus (extra $25 when you buy a $100 credit) it was more like $28/month. But any overages bumps that up further.

Now with 400 minutes and 2GB of data, it's a much nicer feeling knowing I don't have to worry about going over my limits like I did with Speakout.

Tried to convince a friend across the country to get Zoomer as well for the free Zoomer-to-Zoomer feature, but so far no luck. :)

And yes, I would say Zoomer customer service has been better than the other companies I've used over the years.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
I have tried to talk people into this deal and they all get little anxious about a company they don't know much about. I can't blame them either as I was hesitant too initially but then read all the positive reviews posted by the RFD members . Now I am happy with my decision and the awesome monthly savings with more data.
Apr 1, 2005
437 posts
433 upvotes
Seems like the huawei can be sold for the highest value out of the three phones.

Regarding the 2gb data, is it a hard cap? Or its like Rogers where they can charge for over usage?

Wife was on the $50 Rogers Corp plan but they are jacking it up to $59....I regret didn't switch her to PM during the 4gb promo.
barto wrote: I went for the Huawei GR5 and am about to sell it for $150, which is like getting $6.25 off each month for the 24-month contract, and with the other $50 referral credit I got from an existing Zoomer customer, that's like another $2.08 per month, so I look at it as more like $27.67 per month instead of $36. And even lower if you can get referrals from friends or family!

This is how I was able to easily justify switching from a Speakout $35/month plan (200 minutes and 500MB data), even though with the Speakout bonus (extra $25 when you buy a $100 credit) it was more like $28/month. But any overages bumps that up further.

Now with 400 minutes and 2GB of data, it's a much nicer feeling knowing I don't have to worry about going over my limits like I did with Speakout.

Tried to convince a friend across the country to get Zoomer as well for the free Zoomer-to-Zoomer feature, but so far no luck. :)

And yes, I would say Zoomer customer service has been better than the other companies I've used over the years.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
jacjac_c wrote: Seems like the huawei can be sold for the highest value out of the three phones.

Regarding the 2gb data, is it a hard cap? Or its like Rogers where they can charge for over usage?
You can drop the huawei for ~$150 easily on kijiji.

The cap is a soft cap, but overage is charged by mb at 0.05/mb on the standard plan and 0.02/mb on the loyalty plan. Rogers charges overages at 100mb.
Apr 1, 2005
437 posts
433 upvotes
Thanks. Do you know if zoomer would send a warning text of some sort when the data cap is reached?

Wife is on the iPhone and went over the cap one time. (Another reason that I like Android more)

Or do you guys know if theres an app that can set data cap?
petepw wrote: You can drop the huawei for ~$150 easily on kijiji.

The cap is a soft cap, but overage is charged by mb at 0.05/mb on the standard plan and 0.02/mb on the loyalty plan. Rogers charges overages at 100mb.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)