Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
jacjac_c wrote: Thanks. Do you know if zoomer would send a warning text of some sort when the data cap is reached?

Wife is on the iPhone and went over the cap one time. (Another reason that I like Android more)

Or do you guys know if theres an app that can set data cap?
They do not, but you can always set a data limit in your phone settings on android. With iPhones, you can download an app that will alert you when the phone has used x amount of data, then you can shut it off manually.

For example: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/my-data ... 65384?mt=8
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
There are also loyalty plans available once you've passed the 6 month mark with Zoomer. $45 and 4GB of data is the one I'll be signing up for in about three months.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Zoomer data overage is charged by 1MB increment. It is not like the big-3 charging $5 or $10 even if you are over by 1 byte.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12139 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
Oatmeal wrote: There are also loyalty plans available once you've passed the 6 month mark with Zoomer. $45 and 4GB of data is the one I'll be signing up for in about three months.
I never heard of any 4gb loyalty plan. Does cityphone have it too?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
squall458 wrote: I never heard of any 4gb loyalty plan. Does cityphone have it too?
I have heard someone mention on the forum too. The good thing is that zoomer is moving forward but not backward for customers who stay with them.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
is the deal currently available? thinking of switching from Public Mobile.

my current plan ends on May 28 (next auto-pay for every 90 days)
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: is the deal currently available? thinking of switching from Public Mobile.

Yes the promotion of zoomer is still available. The only thing that might end soon will be bonus $50 reference credit that you get when you are referred by someone already on a contract.
It all depends on your current plan and how much extra you will pay to cancel and join zoomer early.
When in doubt always call the zoomer customer service agents and you will know why we all moved to zoomer. There is no guessing what to do etc when you talk to them directly.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: is the deal currently available? thinking of switching from Public Mobile.

Available until june 30. You can wait until your public credit expires.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
squall458 wrote: I never heard of any 4gb loyalty plan. Does cityphone have it too?
Yes. Cityfone 4GB loyalty plan is $50 and Zoomer is $45 for the same plan because Zoomer offers 10% off.

If 4GB is not enough, here is the 5GB plan

Other loyalty plans

All these images are from this thread zoomer-wireless-zoomer-loyalty-cell-pho ... t-2058700/
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
how long does it usually take for Zoomer to port the phone # over?
Jan 20, 2017
145 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote: how lon nog does it usually take for Zoomer to port the phone # over?
My transfer took 5 minutes from fido.
Thank you RFDer for:
Zoomer $36 plan 2GB Data 400 Minutes Free HUAWEI GR5
Cannet $35 plan 30M/5M Free Modem
Total GCR cashback $356.41

NEVER argue with a negative person.
You will always lose.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: how long does it usually take for Zoomer to port the phone # over?
It can take a few days (but usually not)...it depends on how long it takes the other company to release it.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12139 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
embguy wrote: Yes. Cityfone 4GB loyalty plan is $50 and Zoomer is $45 for the same plan because Zoomer offers 10% off.

If 4GB is not enough, here is the 5GB plan

Other loyalty plans

All these images are from this thread zoomer-wireless-zoomer-loyalty-cell-pho ... t-2058700/
You are amazing! THANKED! I wish cityfone had the 10% off like zoomer!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Trying to decide if I should go with this or not. I'm currently with Speakout and I'm doing the $30 add on which gives me 100 minutes of talk Canada wide anytime talk, unlimited text (MMS is extra), plus 500MB of data.
I don't usually use all my data per month, mainly because I'm conservative with it, but I have blown through all my 'Talk' airtime in the last two months. (I deal with a lot of seniors, and they primarily communicate via voice.)

I just hate being "locked in" to two year contract, which is why I'm with Speakout in the first place.
Last edited by MrFrugal1 on Apr 11th, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Trying to decide if I should go with this or not. I'm currently with Speakout and I'm doing the $30 add on which gives me 100 minutes of talk Canada wide anytime talk, unlimited text (MMS is extra), plus 500MB of data.
I don't usually use all my data per month, but I have blown through all my talk airtime in the last two months. I deal with a lot of seniors, and they primarily communicate via voice.
I just hate being "locked in" to two year contract, which is why I'm with Speakout in the first place.
With this plan, it's free after 6pm, and unlimited after you switch to the loyalty plan. If you can wing it with 400 minutes until then, or keep the talking until after 6pm, I would switch over.

One solution is to get the $40.50 plan with unlimited incoming calls, then swap over to whatever loyalty plan you need later.

Another solution might be to use voip like hangouts for your calls whenever wifi is available.

Wrt your "locked in" concern, there really isn't a plan better on the market with the same value, e,g. fido/virgin/telus are jacking up their plan prices by $15, and it's only going to go up.
Last edited by frostvowel on Apr 11th, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Trying to decide if I should go with this or not. I'm currently with Speakout and I'm doing the $30 add on which gives me 100 minutes of talk Canada wide anytime talk, unlimited text (MMS is extra), plus 500MB of data.
I don't usually use all my data per month, mainly because I'm conservative with it, but I have blown through all my 'Talk' airtime in the last two months. (I deal with a lot of seniors, and they primarily communicate via voice.)

I would switch over too. Yeah the feeling of being locked into a contract is not so great but the price offered is fabulous and also extra data you get will be a big bonus too.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA

Don't forget that you can leave at any carrier at any time - you just have to pay off any device balance that is remaining. Some people who have been concerned about being "locked in" took the phone with the lowest cost (one of the $100 flip phones) so they could leave with the minimum possible cost.

Personally, I've been with them for over 2 years and find they still have the best deal going but everyone's needs are different and it's nice to be able to be flexible.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
petepw wrote: With this plan, it's free after 6pm, and unlimited after you switch to the loyalty plan. If you can wing it with 400 minutes until then, or keep the talking until after 6pm, I would switch over.
Trying to wrap my head around these "Plans", and what exactly this Zoomer unadvertised special is because, frankly, I hate being suckered by the 'bait and switch' B.S. that all the major providers seem to want to dupe everyone with.
I've also tried to wade through the 126 pages here. If I sign up with Zoomer, is this "special" for six months, then it gets changed/downgraded unless I switch to a 'loyalty plan'? So confusing, is it...
petepw wrote: Another solution might be to use voip like hangouts for your calls whenever wifi is available.
I do use Fongo for outgoing calls when I have wifi that will support it. (Lots of 'free' wifi' is throttled so much it's virtually unuseable- The OnRoute stations along the 401 highway are a prime example). One issue is, the Fongo number itself. Even my In-Laws, whom I've called numerous times with Fongo, are freaked out by the weird call displayed number. It's also way too convoluted to have people call you at the VOIP number.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
squall458 wrote: You are amazing! THANKED! I wish cityfone had the 10% off like zoomer!
How many months left on your Cityfone contract?
Do the math and find out the pay out penalty OR just wait it out.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
MrFrugal1 wrote: Trying to wrap my head around these "Plans", and what exactly this Zoomer unadvertised special is because, frankly, I hate being suckered by the 'bait and switch' B.S. that all the major providers seem to want to dupe everyone with.
I've also tried to wade through the 126 pages here. If I sign up with Zoomer, is this "special" for six months, then it gets changed/downgraded unless I switch to a 'loyalty plan'? So confusing, is it...

I do use Fongo for outgoing calls when I have wifi that will support it. (Lots of 'free' wifi' is throttled so much it's virtually unuseable- The OnRoute stations along the 401 highway are a prime example). One issue is, the Fongo number itself. Even my In-Laws, whom I've called numerous times with Fongo, are freaked out by the weird call displayed number. It's also way too convoluted to have people call you at the VOIP number.
If you sign up for a plan with Zoomer it will not get changed after six months (or even two years) unless you request it be changed. The "Loyalty" plan is available after six months if you request it and (if you do) that plan will continue even after your two year "contract" is up.

The "Loyalty" plan may not be available in six months.

EDIT:

Zoomer doesn't do any kind of "bait and switch". Many of us on RFD have been with them for over two years and I've never seen anyone complain about Zoomer downgrading or rolling back anything even after the contracts ended. As an example, many of us signed up for "Double Data, Minutes & Texts" and those conditions were never reduced or rolled back even after the original two year contract ended.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)