Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] {HOT} $36 Zoomer Promo: 400min, Unlimited Evening/Weekend/Text, 2GB LTE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 11:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1796 posts
636 upvotes
GTA
DTOM wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:53 am
How is the GR5 as a phone? I've seen some less than flattering reviews on it.

I'm looking to sign up with Zoomer this week and want to know which phone I should get.

Thanks!
Quite a few people sell the phone they receive from Zoomer - either because they already have a phone they are happy with and want to further reduce their overall costs or because they want a different (or better phone).

If you decide to sell the GR5 you may want to hold off until after Zoomer's promo ends...there seem to be a lot of them for sale on Kijiji right now in the GTA (seems like most are locked to Rogers so probably Zoomer phones)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2958 posts
165 upvotes
Is anybody getting the 2 gigs of data? For some reason, I don't see it. Also, it hte GR5 free with a 2 year plan?
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Dec 30, 1969
719 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:19 am
Is anybody getting the 2 gigs of data? For some reason, I don't see it. Also, it hte GR5 free with a 2 year plan?
The plan is 2gb of data, it is not advertised on the website, so you will not see it. You need to ask for it in the live chat/call in. The GR5 is free with the 2 year plan.
Jun 3, 2007
128 posts
64 upvotes
I sold my GR5 last week for $160 in Edmonton in 10 hours. Only one listed. The phone is not worth $160. Sell if you can and buy a better phone. Also expensive to unlock it.
Nov 14, 2003
96 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
DTOM wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:53 am
How is the GR5 as a phone? I've seen some less than flattering reviews on it.

I'm looking to sign up with Zoomer this week and want to know which phone I should get.

Thanks!
Nice bright HD screen; fine for light user. I recommend you replace the Huawei EMUI launcher with Google Now launcher (or Nova Prime) - the stock Huawei interface is not standard Android. Camera is just okay, not great not terrible. I got two lines. For the first one, I sent a private message to get a referral ($50 for me, $50 for a helpful RFDer). I sold that phone for $140 on Kijiji (I like my current phone). For the second one, I referred my wife ($50 each), and she kept the phone - it was an upgrade from her Galaxy Grand Prime.
Nov 26, 2012
284 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
Yep I've sold 2 GR5's for $150 each to 2 separate people. Couldn't get anymore out of it, but it seems $150 is the benchmark price based on the supply/demand here in Calgary. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2958 posts
165 upvotes
JWL wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:50 am
It is free with 2-year a $40+ plan. The $40 plan that is currently 10% off (=$36) qualifies.
Thanks, this would be a good phone for my mother in law. I might switch her over soon, at least she gets data plus Freedom Mobile is shotty in my area.
Nov 25, 2003
986 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:31 pm
Thanks, this would be a good phone for my mother in law. I might switch her over soon, at least she gets data plus Freedom Mobile is shotty in my area.
Getting her off of “Freedom” mobile… She will be so grateful, she’ll call you every day! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Plus, don't forget the Referral!
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Dec 5, 2005
433 posts
107 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:31 pm
max011 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:49 pm
Getting her off of “Freedom” mobile… She will be so grateful, she’ll call you every day! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Plus, don't forget the Referral!
Free Zoomer to Zoomer calling between you and the in-laws.... priceless.
Dec 5, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
I just wanted to ask since the fido tablet plan is only 2GB now Zoomer seems like the better deal for 5GB @ $31.50/month. Does zoomer work the same as the fido plan without any weird restrictions that would prevent it from working in an iPhone?
Dec 30, 1969
719 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TouchMyBox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:29 pm
I just wanted to ask since the fido tablet plan is only 2GB now Zoomer seems like the better deal for 5GB @ $31.50/month. Does zoomer work the same as the fido plan without any weird restrictions that would prevent it from working in an iPhone?
Zoomer works the same as the fido plan, no restrictions for iphones.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2958 posts
165 upvotes
One last thing, is data capped on this so for example if you go over your alloted data, do you get charged or does it get cut off?
[OP]
Oct 7, 2016
653 posts
261 upvotes
TouchMyBox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:29 pm
petepw wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:38 pm
Zoomer works the same as the fido plan, no restrictions for iphones.
The only thing you should make sure is that your iPhone is an unlocked iPhone or a Rogers locked iPhone. There are people who have said their Fido locked iPhones do not work with Zoomer unless unlocked.
Koodo: $25 unlimited talk & text
Zoomer: $36 400 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends/text & 2gb LTE
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Dec 30, 1969
719 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:38 pm
One last thing, is data capped on this so for example if you go over your alloted data, do you get charged or does it get cut off?
Overages are charged by mb rather than 100mb like rogers/fido, at $0.05/mb for the $36 plan, and $0.02/mb on the loyalty plan.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel