Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
just checked, damn time flies fast. Been with them since oct 2014..i believe when the nexus 5 was announced.

Props to zoomer to making me into a committed man
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
embguy wrote: These Regulations come into force on August 1, 2012
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regu ... 1.html#h-8

During sign up, CSR read stuff over the phone and ask you to accept them. I am not sure whether it is included for my verbal agreed on. Text-to-landline is charged under premium text category.

But I will email Zoomer to cancel the premium text product. On second thought, if I cancel premium text, I will not be able to send text to 6 digit number even they are free such as the recent Shell 111222 promo.
I do not specifically recall anything mentioned during the call about "text to landline". Without that, I don't believe I have given "express consent" as required by the legislation you refer to.
This space for rent.
Apr 6, 2015
159 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Signed up yesterday. Amazing customer service. Unfortunately they ran out of the Huawei GR5 but they said I had the option to not use the phone for 30 days and see if they received anymore GR5 before the 30 days was up. Referral was also smoothe just gave them an account #.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
To1245 wrote: Signed up yesterday. Amazing customer service. Unfortunately they ran out of the Huawei GR5 but they said I had the option to not use the phone for 30 days and see if they received anymore GR5 before the 30 days was up. Referral was also smoothe just gave them an account #.
It will cost you $17 shipping to exchange phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
embguy wrote: It will cost you $17 shipping to exchange phone.
Maybe the would waive the charge under these circumstances..
This space for rent.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
I hope that they come up with some nice alternatives. I am using the GR5 and no issues.

So sign up guys if you want the offer. Today is the last day.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Oatmeal wrote: Last day........

$36 for 2GB data (4G LTE) and 400 talk minutes. Try to get it before they remove the bonus 1GB (total 2GB).

If you can't get in touch with them right away chat or call and leave your phone number for a call back.
Good luck with that. I've been trying to call in, as well as online Chat, to complete a port-in. I've left a # for callback. But it's been over 3 hours, and haven't heard back from them.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Rogido wrote: Good luck with that. I've been trying to call in, as well as online Chat, to complete a port-in. I've left a # for callback. But it's been over 3 hours, and haven't heard back from them.
Last day of their Promotion....they are probably running off their feet trying to service everyone who is trying to sign up. In the past, at times they had to shut down their chat lines and just deal with all the phone calls they were getting.

If you are trying to sign up and are having difficulty contacting them try to leave a message or send an email. At the end of some promotions, they have honored the promo for a day after it ended to those who tried to sign up but were unable to make contact.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bvit6667 wrote: Last day of their Promotion....they are probably running off their feet trying to service everyone who is trying to sign up. In the past, at times they had to shut down their chat lines and just deal with all the phone calls they were getting.

If you are trying to sign up and are having difficulty contacting them try to leave a message or send an email. At the end of some promotions, they have honored the promo for a day after it ended to those who tried to sign up but were unable to make contact.
I've activated a new # on the promo already. Received my phone and sim card yesterday. I'm just trying to call them to port in my current #.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Rogido wrote: I've activated a new # on the promo already. Received my phone and sim card yesterday. I'm just trying to call them to port in my current #.
Sorry, my bad...I realized you were just trying to port your number over. My wording was bad - I meant the paragraph "If you are trying to sign up...." towards anyone out there who was trying to sign up before Zoomer's promo ends tonight. It was clear in my head but not so clearly communicated.

Hope they get back to you soon.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I've activated a new # on the promo already. Received my phone and sim card yesterday. I'm just trying to call them to port in my current #.
You may try the tech support. They may be able to get your number ported to Zoomer. This is just my guess. Good luck.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1108 posts
82 upvotes
embguy wrote: You may try the tech support. They may be able to get your number ported to Zoomer. This is just my guess. Good luck.
Yes, good luck. On one of the busiest days, it may be a long wait. I am porting in after the craziness is over.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3974 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Snuupy wrote: If you accidentally text a landline, Rogers will charge you $0.15 for their TXT2 Landline service. According to a google search for "disable text to landline", the company responsible for providing this "service" is called telemessage and Rogers subscribers have had success in emailing support@telemessage.com asking for their phone number to have blocked the text to landline service. I've submitted a request on their page and I'm waiting to see what happens.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ac ... 132/page/3
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... line/page4

TL;DR send a message to support@telemessage.com, ask for this "feature" to be disabled for your phone number.
I didn't know this was even an option. Thanks for this! I sent them an email and text to land line is now blocked.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Last hour and a half for this promo. As they are super busy, you may want to try this number instead: 1 888 632 1525 and press 1 or 2. I was given this number a while ago by a Zoomer rep to contact as usually senior staff work these lines. Of you are unable to reach them, leave contact information and hopefully they will be able to call you back and still honor the promo after today.

Good luck to all!
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Feb 28, 2011
774 posts
732 upvotes
YYZ
MrFrugal1 wrote: I didn't know this was even an option. Thanks for this! I sent them an email and text to land line is now blocked.
Neither does Zoomer. If you call in they'll tell you there's nothing they can do.
I do not respond to requests that are only for private, one-on-one technical help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate thread where they may help others as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: Last hour and a half for this promo. As they are super busy, you may want to try this number instead: 1 888 632 1525 and press 1 or 2. I was given this number a while ago by a Zoomer rep to contact as usually senior staff work these lines. Of you are unable to reach them, leave contact information and hopefully they will be able to call you back and still honor the promo after today.

Good luck to all!
I cant even imagine how busy they are right now!
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bvit6667 wrote: Sorry, my bad...I realized you were just trying to port your number over. My wording was bad - I meant the paragraph "If you are trying to sign up...." towards anyone out there who was trying to sign up before Zoomer's promo ends tonight. It was clear in my head but not so clearly communicated.

Hope they get back to you soon.
No worries! :)
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
embguy wrote: You may try the tech support. They may be able to get your number ported to Zoomer. This is just my guess. Good luck.
I'll give that a try.
Oct 24, 2009
433 posts
209 upvotes
North York
Got GR5 just updating it before giving someone to use on speakout wireless. Previously it's mentioned once updated multiple languages become available. So far I've done 3 updates and still just English and French. Anyone knows how many updates are there? I've verified that it's updated to marshmallow.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mycp wrote: Got GR5 just updating it before giving someone to use on speakout wireless. Previously it's mentioned once updated multiple languages become available. So far I've done 3 updates and still just English and French. Anyone knows how many updates are there? I've verified that it's updated to marshmallow.
There are four or five. The updating system is terrible. And with the slow wifi on this device, it's painful..

Once it's updated, though, it's a reasonably ok phone.
This space for rent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)