Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
The final hour is upon us. If you can't get through to sign up, leave a call back number. Hopefully they will be able to sign you up this weekend.

Good luck!
Oats
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
embguy wrote: You may try the tech support. They may be able to get your number ported to Zoomer. This is just my guess. Good luck.
Rogido wrote: I'll give that a try.
Worked like a charm, sort of. Contacted tech support, less than a minute's wait. The guy proceeded to request the port from Chatr, but then told me it could take 3 to 7 days to take effect! So I'm like, what the..., it usually takes a couple of hours. He said, oh, since it's the weekend, it may not get done till next week! Crying Face
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA

Worked like a charm, sort of. Contacted tech support, less than a minute's wait. The guy proceeded to request the port from Chatr, but then told me it could take 3 to 7 days to take effect! So I'm like, what the..., it usually takes a couple of hours. He said, oh, since it's the weekend, it may not get done till next week! Crying Face
What?!? I hope not! I need access to my phone basically 24/7... when I ported from virgin to fido a year ago it was like within minutes :/ Fingers crosses they're just saying this to cover themselves and it happens quickly!

EDIT: fixed quote
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Oatmeal wrote: Last day........

$36 for 2GB data (4G LTE) and 400 talk minutes. Try to get it before they remove the bonus 1GB (total 2GB).

If you can't get in touch with them right away chat or call and leave your phone number for a call back.
SignedA wrote: What?!? I hope not! I need access to my phone basically 24/7... when I ported from virgin to fido a year ago it was like within minutes :/ Fingers crosses they're just saying this to cover themselves and it happens quickly!

EDIT: fixed quote
Ports usually happen quite quickly but they usually advise it could be days because, after they request the port, it's really beyond their control.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote: Ports usually happen quite quickly but they usually advise it could be days because, after they request the port, it's really beyond their control.
+1. They just want to cover their behind as it is up to the other carrier.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Rogido wrote: Worked like a charm, sort of. Contacted tech support, less than a minute's wait. The guy proceeded to request the port from Chatr, but then told me it could take 3 to 7 days to take effect! So I'm like, what the..., it usually takes a couple of hours. He said, oh, since it's the weekend, it may not get done till next week! Crying Face
They told me something like that as well. Within I think 5 minutes, I was ported over.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Phone lines close at 10:00. So it's literally the last minute you can sign up for this.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: Last hour and a half for this promo. As they are super busy, ...
Of you are unable to reach them, leave contact information and hopefully they will be able to call you back and still honor the promo after today.
Yep, they are / were busy. Tried chat before 7:00 PM it timed out after 25 minutes. Promptly sent them an email - auto response says "Thank you for contacting Zoomer Wireless. We have received your email and a Customer Care Agent will respond to your request within 72 business hours."

I hope they email me back. Didn't leave a # because I thought it would be quick. Then company dropped in.

Does anybody know if my subscription to Zoomer mag will get me any loyalty? I signed up to the Robbers/Airmiles Megamiles deal quite a while back. Just found out Robbers let my subscription expire. They are still charging my credit card. Time to cancel all the magazines I was buying for my office.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
ROYinTO wrote: Yep, they are / were busy. Tried chat before 7:00 PM it timed out after 25 minutes. Promptly sent them an email - auto response says "Thank you for contacting Zoomer Wireless. We have received your email and a Customer Care Agent will respond to your request within 72 business hours."

I hope they email me back. Didn't leave a # because I thought it would be quick. Then company dropped in.

Does anybody know if my subscription to Zoomer mag will get me any loyalty? I signed up to the Robbers/Airmiles Megamiles deal quite a while back. Just found out Robbers let my subscription expire. They are still charging my credit card. Time to cancel all the magazines I was buying for my office.
They will probably reach out to you tomorrow or Sunday. In the past, they have shown a willingness to provide the promotion to people who attempted to sign up before it ended but were unable to do so and left contact information with Zoomer.

YMMV but I'm confident - Zoomer's customer service is really good.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Feb 28, 2011
774 posts
732 upvotes
YYZ
Rogido wrote: Worked like a charm, sort of. Contacted tech support, less than a minute's wait. The guy proceeded to request the port from Chatr, but then told me it could take 3 to 7 days to take effect! So I'm like, what the..., it usually takes a couple of hours. He said, oh, since it's the weekend, it may not get done till next week! Crying Face
My port took under 2 hours, this was middle of the week during daytime hours.
I do not respond to requests that are only for private, one-on-one technical help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate thread where they may help others as well.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
Snuupy wrote: My port took under 2 hours, this was middle of the week during daytime hours.
Same here!
Koodo Mobile
Sep 5, 2014
135 posts
160 upvotes
calgary
i got the plan in the last minute.
thanks op
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
Can anybody check to see if they still have the loyalty plan today after the $36 expired promotion date?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote: They will probably reach out to you tomorrow or Sunday.
They have not reached out as of yet. In the meantime I was looking up Cityfone and saw their promo's
They've got a similar "Smart Data Extra Plan" on their Canada 150 sale for $25/month (3 months) then $30/month
http://www.cityfone.net/promotions
2.5 gig data
600 Canada wide minutes
Unlimited evenings& weekends (6PM)
Unlimited Canada/International text picture video messages
Mini voicemail, call display, name display

To me it looks like the same plan for $6 less a month with the exception of the Zoomer magazine and Carp.
Am I missing something? I'm thinking I should post this as a separate hot deal.

They also have a BYOP promo of 10% off if you also port your number. So you can get this for $27 a month.

On Edit: Well maybe not, read the fine print:
*Some conditions apply, call for details. Offer available to customers who bring in an unlocked phone with new activation of Cityfone service on any in-market standard plan. Credit of 10% applied each month, before taxes and applies only to monthly service fee of plan. Service term not required. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Last edited by ROYinTO on Jul 8th, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: They have not reached out as of yet. In the meantime I was looking up Cityfone and saw their promo's
They've got a similar "Smart Data Extra Plan" on their Canada 150 sale for $25/month (3 months) then $30/month
2.5 gig data
600 Canada wide minutes

To me it looks like the same plan for $6 less a month with the exception of the Zoomer magazine and Carp.

They also have a BYOP promo of 10% off if you also port your number. So you can get this for $27 a month.
The Cityfone plans are $25 for 2.5gb or $30 for 3 gb for the first 3 months of service, then the price doubles to $50 and $60 respectively. Also, I don't think these plans are eligible for BYOD 10% promo. Zoomer has 10% every month even in contract with a device subsidy. You save more with Zoomer over all.

The math:

Cityfone for 2 years
25×3+50×21
= 1125+taxes

Zoomer for 2 years
45x24
= 1080+taxes
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: They have not reached out as of yet. In the meantime I was looking up Cityfone and saw their promo's
2.5 gig data
600 Canada wide minutes

I see $25/m for 3 months and $50(NOT $30) after 3 months. Where did you saw the $30 after 3 months?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
timeoninternet wrote: Can anybody check to see if they still have the loyalty plan today after the $36 expired promotion date?
Yes. You can by activating a chat session or by calling in to speak with a Zoomer rep. Let us know what you hear back!
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: The Cityfone plans are $25 for 2.5gb or $30 for 3 gb for the first 3 months of service, then the price doubles to $50 and $60 respectively. Also, I don't think these plans are eligible for BYOD 10% promo. Zoomer has 10% every month even in contract with a device subsidy. You save more with Zoomer over all.
embguy wrote: I see $25/m for 3 months and $50(NOT $30) after 3 months. Where did you saw the $30 after 3 months?
Thanks for pointing that out . Slick (tricky) marketing department they have. I had to really squint to see the prices under the "\". They were clearly trying to obfuscate the difference between 3 and 5.
Wallet safe, saving face - not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)