Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
mystery wrote: I'm really tempted to jump on this, but I still have my corporate $44 plan with Unlimited Canda wide talk and 3GB Data.
IF you really NEED and USE 3GB of data [vs. 2GB] and IF you don't know any other way to get your Canada/North America wide phone calls for free [and you can't wait for 6 months to be eligible for Loyalty plans] then yes.... keep your plan...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
mystery wrote: I'm really tempted to jump on this, but I still have my corporate $44 plan with Unlimited Canda wide talk and 3GB Data.
max011 wrote: IF you really NEED and USE 3GB of data [vs. 2GB] and IF you don't know any other way to get your Canada/North America wide phone calls for free [and you can't wait for 6 months to be eligible for Loyalty plans] then yes.... keep your plan...
Good points from @max011... Also food for thought is if your current plan is byod or comes with a device subsidy. That and if you currently are under contract at all.

If you are month to month and can refrain from using more than 2gb for the 1st 6 months, jump on this plan, get the $50 referral credit and wait 6 months to jump on the $36 loyalty unlimited talk/text & 2gb or the $45 loyalty unlimited talk/text & 4gb.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
This plan may not be for everyone; its just another option.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Banned
Dec 18, 2016
89 posts
118 upvotes
Public Mobile still has the better rewards program though. So long term I think PM might still be the better choice.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
I am so glad so many people are so happy with the service and the plan with great prices. I hope this continue. And I hope everyone who wants to join, it might not be too late.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Jul 24, 2007
15 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi everyone:

Does anyone know how long has Zoomer been operating? And its prospects for succeeding in a competitive wireless industry in Canada. Just curious. Thanks.
Last edited by Guest4738483 on Feb 11th, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 20, 2017
145 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
telemachus wrote: Hi everyone:

Does anyone know how long has Zoomer been operating? And its prospects for succeeding in a competitive wireless industry in Canada?

I'm thinking about switching from my Koodo service but I don't want to switch only to see Zoomer get swallowed up by Rogers and then Rogers raising prices on me. Thanks.
Zoomer Wireless = Rogers = FIDO

A brand new phone.
And free $50 referring credit for new customer.
Thank you RFDer for:
Zoomer $36 plan 2GB Data 400 Minutes Free HUAWEI GR5
Cannet $35 plan 30M/5M Free Modem
Total GCR cashback $356.41

NEVER argue with a negative person.
You will always lose.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
telemachus wrote: Hi everyone:

Does anyone know how long has Zoomer been operating? And its prospects for succeeding in a competitive wireless industry in Canada?

I'm thinking about switching from my Koodo service but I don't want to switch only to see Zoomer get swallowed up by Rogers and then Rogers raising prices on me. Thanks.
1. Zoomer is one of the Cityfone partners. Other Cityfone partners are Sears, BMO, Royal Bank, Primus etc.
2. Cityfone is the program service provider, reseller and biller for the Zoomer Wireless/partner program. All customer service support in connection with the Zoomer Wireless program is provided to you by Cityfone.
3. Cityfone is owned by Rogers and a reseller on Rogers network.
4. I was watching Cityfone plans for over a year back in 2013/2014. Zoomer was a new partner around October 2014. I was sold by the Zoomer 10% off per month when compared with Cityfone other partner plans.
5. Since Oct 2014, Zoomer consistently has the best price plan with 1GB or 2GB in the market. Look somewhere else if you want 6GB or more data plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
Turns out Zoomer knows about my referral ads on kijiji when I called in. Guilty I told him when he asked me if I was the one with the Oprah meme haha.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Looks like things are finally starting to turn around, as Fido is now matching Freedom mobile and offering 5GB for $50.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Looks like things are finally starting to turn around, as Fido is now matching Freedom mobile and offering 5GB for $50.
Is this new plan available across Canada - NOT just Quebec/MB/SK?
That is good as Fido does not have five zone and Freedom has only 5 zones. It will be roaming charge when outside the 5 zone. I will take Fido over Freedom.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
embguy wrote: Is this new plan available across Canada - NOT just Quebec/MB/SK?
That is good as Fido does not have five zone and Freedom has only 5 zones. It will be roaming charge when outside the 5 zone. I will take Fido over Freedom.
Looks good from East to West, as members are reporting success in ON and BC.

fido-5gb-unlimited-cdn-talk-text-50-month-2080208/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote: Looks good from East to West, as members are reporting success in ON and BC.

fido-5gb-unlimited-cdn-talk-text-50-month-2080208/
Let's see what happens in areas where Wind doesn't blow...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1564 posts
146 upvotes
I just got my first bill. Did receive both $50 credits just that they are shown in different places that may be little confusing. As someone else pointed out which was very helpful

dadizhu wrote: ↑ The two $50 credits show up in different sections on the bill. The bill looks like this:

$xx.xx (partial period)
+ $40.00 (next period)
- 10%
- $50.00 (first credit)
+ HST
-----------------------------------
$yy.yy
- $50.00 (second credit on page 1)

Loving Zoomer service using ROGERS LTE, not to mention unlimited after six months, already sold gr5.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Raquel_d90 wrote: Ugh, I know! Weary Face
I've been with Zoomer for about 12 days now, and ported from Fido.
$50 for 5gb is HOT! Though I am confused as there are reports on the forum here that it is for new customers and then others stating it is for existing customers.

I had the $45 2gb loyalty plan on a second line from Fido (but had extra 3 gb (so total 5gb) - was only suppose to be extra 1gb but they gave me 3gb, and im not sure why - rep told me sometimes that happens and to consider myself lucky. My bf was main account and only had 2gb+1gb - which you would think they'd give it to him since he has been with them for a decade. I told him to call and get those extras instead of me but he said he didnt need it. I had called them and they said it couldnt be transferred. These extras were expiring this October. Mind you, I never used over 2gb, sometimes around 1gb only as I use wifi a lot.

Obviously now with Zoomer I would need to pay to cancel and Ive already used more than the 30 min return policy with my sim (though Im not using the huawei gr5).

Im thinking of contacting Zoomer about this - anyone do this before? My initial plan was to ask for the loyalty plan in 6 months, either the unlimited $36 2gb or $45 4gb, if they were avail. I definitely think those on the $54 5gb loyalty plan should argue.
It'd be really neat if they responded to this fido deal and made the $36 plan become 3gb.

Help, Im now having major regrets joining Zoomer - can anyone talk some sense into me lol.

Dont get me wrong, this $36 2gb plan is a great deal because of the credits. I haven't seen my statement yet, but Im supposed to get 2 $50 referrals and the $50 new activation. Havent sold the Huawei yet. I know it brings the monthly cost down, but ive been mindful of my minutes because I used to have unlimited.
Nice story
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
I've been with Zoomer for over two years and have absolutely no regrets. Great customer service. A lot depends on your needs...I'm on the $36/m "Loyalty" Plan with 2GB, unlimited Canada Wide and unlimited International Texts & SMS. It's more than what I need. Most of the day is spent on WiFi so 2GB is plenty

Everyone has different needs. IMHO if you don't need tons of data you can't do better than Zoomer / Cityfone.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
$50 for 5gb is HOT! Though I am confused as there are reports on the forum here that it is for new customers and then others stating it is for existing customers.

I had the $45 2gb loyalty plan on a second line from Fido (but had extra 3 gb (so total 5gb) - was only suppose to be extra 1gb but they gave me 3gb, and im not sure why - rep told me sometimes that happens and to consider myself lucky. My bf was main account and only had 2gb+1gb - which you would think they'd give it to him since he has been with them for a decade. I told him to call and get those extras instead of me but he said he didnt need it. I had called them and they said it couldnt be transferred. These extras were expiring this October. Mind you, I never used over 2gb, sometimes around 1gb only as I use wifi a lot.

Obviously now with Zoomer I would need to pay to cancel and Ive already used more than the 30 min return policy with my sim (though Im not using the huawei gr5).

Im thinking of contacting Zoomer about this - anyone do this before? My initial plan was to ask for the loyalty plan in 6 months, either the unlimited $36 2gb or $45 4gb, if they were avail. I definitely think those on the $54 5gb loyalty plan should argue.
It'd be really neat if they responded to this fido deal and made the $36 plan become 3gb.

Help, Im now having major regrets joining Zoomer - can anyone talk some sense into me lol.

Dont get me wrong, this $36 2gb plan is a great deal because of the credits. I haven't seen my statement yet, but Im supposed to get 2 $50 referrals and the $50 new activation. Havent sold the Huawei yet. I know it brings the monthly cost down, but ive been mindful of my minutes because I used to have unlimited.
It doesn't hurt to call in and see what they can do for you.
This 6 month rule, is not even "official".
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes

Just because $50 for 5gb is "HOT" doesn't nescessarily mean it's a good fit. How many GB of data do you actually use? How many minutes per month did you actually use with unlimited? Also, $50/5gb sounds like it's BYOD so you won't get any device subsidy. In 6 months at Zoomer, you will have received $100+ in credits, and a free phone and you can get the $45/4gb or $54/5gb if you really need that much data. The options for devices actually improves if you get a more expensive plan. Your "2 $50 referrals and the $50 new activation" will pay for almost 4 months of service with the best customer service I have ever seen... And I have been with many providers over the past 12+ years (actually pretty much everyone except Bell/Virgin). It doesn't make sense to jump to this new "HOT" Fido plan unless you really NEED a BYOD plan with 5gb of data now, do not want the $150 of credits you currently have, and do not want to wait the 6 months for loyalty plans.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
rolomonster wrote: Just because $50 for 5gb is "HOT" doesn't nescessarily mean it's a good fit. How many GB of data do you actually use? How many minutes per month did you actually use with unlimited? Also, $50/5gb sounds like it's BYOD so you won't get any device subsidy. In 6 months at Zoomer, you will have received $100+ in credits, and a free phone and you can get the $45/4gb or $54/5gb if you really need that much data. The options for devices actually improves if you get a more expensive plan. Your "2 $50 referrals and the $50 new activation" will pay for almost 4 months of service with the best customer service I have ever seen... And I have been with many providers over the past 12+ years (actually pretty much everyone except Bell/Virgin). It doesn't make sense to jump to this new "HOT" Fido plan unless you really NEED a BYOD plan with 5gb of data now, do not want the $150 of credits you currently have, and do not want to wait the 6 months for loyalty plans.
I will jump over to any plan if the offer fit on my daily usage.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: I will jump over to any plan if the offer fit on my daily usage.
... that's why I said "unless you really NEED a BYOD plan with 5gb of data now, do not want the $150 of credits you currently have, and do not want to wait the 6 months for loyalty plans".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)