Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

{HOT} $36 2GB LTE 400 Daytime YMMV - $45 2.5GB/$54 3GB 600-800 Daytime Canada Wide Promo - ENDING JULY 31st

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2018 2:34 pm
Aug 17, 2008
422 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
bargain_deal wrote: yes, any phone locked to rogers family of networks will work - fido, chatr, SO, petro canada etc. no need to unlock your phone.
Really? Including Fido? I know Rogers locked phones dont work with Fido and vice versa.
that free phone they give, wondering if it'd work with Wind/Freedom mobile? My mother could use a new phone, and I'd figure I can give it to her instead
Jun 11, 2009
300 posts
41 upvotes
you will have to unlock the free phone to work on wind. make sure it has the 1700 band
Zoomer 45 - 6GB
Fido mobile and data
Tangerine
Feb 12, 2012
111 posts
28 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Shouldn't need to be unlocked. I brought over 2 S7's that were locked on the rogers network without issue.
Aug 17, 2008
422 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if the Huawei GR5 comes in any colours besides black? When I look on google, I see it has silver looks like?
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK
Do they do a credit check? Currently in the process of buying a home and don't really want any hard checks on my credit until closing's done.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
Slayguy wrote: Are we allowed to ask for referral's and if yes can someone PM me so we can both take advantage of $50 off? I know I can't post my referral information but apologize if we also can't ask for referrals.
Yeah no posting here. But I can help since it will expired soon.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
baddoctor wrote: Do they do a credit check? Currently in the process of buying a home and don't really want any hard checks on my credit until closing's done.
Yes, I think they do check but I don't think it's the same process as applying credit card.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
May 9, 2008
674 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know the approx buyout on one of these contracts?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1382 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
I'm setting up my data usage reminder on my phone.
Anyone knows From and To dates the billing cycle for Zoomer?
Supposed to be the same for all customers? Or it depends on the date you started your subscription?Black Question Mark Ornament

TIA!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1382 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
intotech wrote: Anyone know the approx buyout on one of these contracts?
Depends on the phone you get? You just pay the outstanding balance on the phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
I believe it is for the calendar month
tokiwadai wrote: I'm setting up my data usage reminder on my phone.
Anyone knows From and To dates the billing cycle for Zoomer?
Supposed to be the same for all customers? Or it depends on the date you started your subscription?Black Question Mark Ornament

TIA!
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
intotech wrote: Anyone know the approx buyout on one of these contracts?
LG Flip Phone (model in OP can't remember it off the top of my head) $100
LG K4 $150
Huawei GR5 $250

Edit: It is the amount of the phone listed above ÷ 24 (term of contract) x number of months remaining + taxes on your province.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1926 posts
252 upvotes
Vancouver
tokiwadai wrote: Depends on the phone you get? You just pay the outstanding balance on the phone.
Wonder if you can just give them back the phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
georgep wrote: Just sell the new phone for cash.
baddoctor wrote: Do they do a credit check? Currently in the process of buying a home and don't really want any hard checks on my credit until closing's done.
Yes. But I think they do a soft credit check. Also they also have the option of a $150 deposit if you can't/don't want to do a credit check. Just not 100% on the details, best to contact them directly.
Dec 11, 2006
368 posts
141 upvotes
Hamilton
How does everyone compare this to Public Mobile's 2GB plan?

Zoomer runs off Rogers network and Public Mobile runs off of Telus, correct?

Since the price is not too different which network do folks find superior? (I am currently with Freedom, anything will be superior lol)
my mood today: :|
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
lol - ya they wont approve your mortgage if you buy a phone :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Raimiette wrote: How does everyone compare this to Public Mobile's 2GB plan?

Zoomer runs off Rogers network and Public Mobile runs off of Telus, correct?

Since the price is not too different which network do folks find superior? (I am currently with Freedom, anything will be superior lol)
I live in downtown Toronto and have had both companies and both networks have worked well for me. Hanover I am switching to Zoomer as it comes with a free phone as well as $100 in credit for activation and referral. In total I am saving $157 in the two years and also getting a free phone out of it. Also this has Canada wide versus province-wide as well as customer service support via chat and phone. But keep in mind, Zoomer's day time talk is limited to 400 mins and is NOT unlimited. Only evenings and weekends are.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
pumpkinpies wrote: lol - ya they wont approve your mortgage if you buy a phone :facepalm:
Doing multiple credit checks may affect their credit score which can affect what rate they could get. Although I believe that phone company credit checks are soft. I cannot confirm either way.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1926 posts
252 upvotes
Vancouver
Free to port from Rogers #?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)