Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 2GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 8:47 pm
Oct 10, 2012
181 posts
52 upvotes
inda6ix wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 8:22 pm
good deal.. thinking of getting my aunt this deal just wondering can we port toronto landline number?
Get your aunt the zoomer home phone. It goes on promo for $10 a month from time to time. Most land lines can but I ran into the situation where I was just not able to port a bell land line at all. No matter what we tried as bell had exclusive rights in that area. I would check first. The other land line took almost a week to port, they are not as simple as cell phones.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9956 posts
9167 upvotes
There is a difference between landline phone and wireless home phone when you call 911. Landline phone will show your address to the 911 operator. But the 911 operator sees the cell tower of your wireless home phone and not your home address. This was the answer I got from Zoomer CSR when I ask the difference between landline phone and Zoomer wireless home phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18019 posts
6052 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 8:40 am
There is a difference between landline phone and wireless home phone when you call 911. Landline phone will show your address to the 911 operator. But the 911 operator sees the cell tower of your wireless home phone and not your home address. This was the answer I got from Zoomer CSR when I ask the difference between landline phone and Zoomer wireless home phone.
For the wireless home phone, the carrier does have a home addressed based on the one given to set up an account. From what I have been told when I signed up with Rogers for this many years ago when they first rolled out the service, they will attempt to use that for 911 if other parameters like cell location suggest that the call may be originating from that location. To be sure, the operator will confirm. To me this is really a red herring. These days many people rely on mobile service only. This is already much more 911 friendly than that. Certainly, it is not an excuse to go back to the dark ages and get a land line.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9956 posts
9167 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 9:15 am
For the wireless home phone, the carrier does have a home addressed based on the one given to set up an account. From what I have been told when I signed up with Rogers for this many years ago when they first rolled out the service, they will attempt to use that for 911 if other parameters like cell location suggest that the call may be originating from that location. To be sure, the operator will confirm. To me this is really a red herring. These days many people rely on mobile service only. This is already much more 911 friendly than that. Certainly, it is not an excuse to go back to the dark ages and get a land line.
My account has a line used in Toronto downtown. But most of my lines are in Calgary and my Calgary address is attached in my account. I asked Zoomer "Can I add a separate address to that line for 911 purpose?". That was the answer I got. No address is given to 911 operator from a SIM card 911 call.
Nov 14, 2003
203 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
spektakle wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 8:24 am
Get your aunt the zoomer home phone. It goes on promo for $10 a month from time to time. Most land lines can but I ran into the situation where I was just not able to port a bell land line at all. No matter what we tried as bell had exclusive rights in that area. I would check first. The other land line took almost a week to port, they are not as simple as cell phones.
My Bell landline of 30+ years ported out same day. Half hour after I made the request, I got a call from Bell, trying to convince me not to cancel. 10 minutes after that, I was ported to Zoomer.
Sep 10, 2017
10 posts
6 upvotes
Signed up for family share plan a few days ago (72$ 2 lines / month, 800 minutes, unlimited Canada-wide text/picture/video messaging, 4G data shared, unlimited calling evenings from 6PM and weekends, voicemail, call display, name display, and unlimited calling between the two lines). Most of the registration process was done via online chat. Migrating from Public Mobile. Confirmed with representative that after 6 months can be place on loyalty plan (same features but with 1000 minutes instead). Will be receiving SIM cards soon with the Samsung J3 Prime. Also successfully applied referral credit via online chat!
Sep 4, 2014
536 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ElbowBrius wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 11:56 am
Signed up for family share plan a few days ago (72$ 2 lines / month, 800 minutes, unlimited Canada-wide text/picture/video messaging, 4G data shared, unlimited calling evenings from 6PM and weekends, voicemail, call display, name display, and unlimited calling between the two lines). Most of the registration process was done via online chat. Migrating from Public Mobile. Confirmed with representative that after 6 months can be place on loyalty plan (same features but with 1000 minutes instead). Will be receiving SIM cards soon with the Samsung J3 Prime. Also successfully applied referral credit via online chat!
Why a family over 2 single 36$ plan? You get more minutes and 2gb more data.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1099 posts
630 upvotes
jojothejoker wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 1:04 pm
Why a family over 2 single 36$ plan? You get more minutes and 2gb more data.
agreed I definitely would take advantage of the $36 promo. more for the same price. seems like a no brainier.
Nov 14, 2003
203 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
karnige wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 1:53 pm
agreed I definitely would take advantage of the $36 promo. more for the same price. seems like a no brainier.
And, you can get another $50 for sef-referring the second account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9956 posts
9167 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 3:33 pm
And, you can get another $50 for sef-referring the second account.
Agree as long as people has no problem with an extra credit checks on the second account.
Jan 4, 2018
3 posts
I just received the LG K4 in the mail. I heard some people mentioned that their device was already unlocked or came with an unlock code. Does anyone know where exactly they found the unlock code on their invoice?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1612 posts
171 upvotes
Anyone have experience with the Home Phone? My voice is very loud. ZTE ZF723 model... Any way to turn the mic volume down?

I don't believe it is the Panasonic phone as it was perfect with the service prior to subscribing to Home Phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2398 posts
956 upvotes
GTA
TheHutt wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 6:47 pm
Anyone have experience with the Home Phone? My voice is very loud. ZTE ZF723 model... Any way to turn the mic volume down?

I don't believe it is the Panasonic phone as it was perfect with the service prior to subscribing to Home Phone.
I've had Zoomer's Home Phone for over a year (with their cell service for over three!) and haven't had any issue with volume. Calls are always crystal clear too - never had complaints re: quality from people on the other end either.

Don't think there is any way to adjust the volume on the ZTE - someone else please correct me if they know of a way...
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1612 posts
171 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 6:57 pm
I've had Zoomer's Home Phone for over a year (with their cell service for over three!) and haven't had any issue with volume. Calls are always crystal clear too - never had complaints re: quality from people on the other end either.

Don't think there is any way to adjust the volume on the ZTE - someone else please correct me if they know of a way...
I have the new ZF 723 unit. Maybe it has something to do with that or the compatibility with the Panasonic Cordless phone.

I might cancel if I cannot solve this. It truly is annoyingly loud. :( Although I can't hear it, the other person on the other end can.
Apr 1, 2010
103 posts
17 upvotes
North York
I'm with Zoomer over 2 years and found sometimes people cannot connect with me because my phone out of service ( I seat whole day in the office so shouldn't be any coverage problem), I change a couple of phones during last year and still having the same issue. When I reboot the phone, I get voice mail and text messages for the time out of service. I'm thinking to switch to Bell or Telus line, Rogers line sucks!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)