Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 2GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 8:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3177 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 8:19 am
What is not clear to me - once you sign up for thos promotional plan, does thispromotional plan eventually expire?
I assume one is good for two years at this rate - what happens after that?
You will keep the same plan after 2 years.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3177 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 6:00 pm
So after six months you lose 1GB for the same price? Hmmmmm.....if it stayed 3GB for the two whole years at $36 I would switch over.
You do not need to switch to a loyalty plan after 6 months. You can keep the 3GB plan if you want.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1371 posts
552 upvotes
Mississauga
krs wrote:
What is not clear to me - once you sign up for thos promotional plan, does thispromotional plan eventually expire?
I was under another "arm" of Cityfone (RBC Talk and Save) which should have similar terms and conditions: after your 2 year contract expires, pricing and all promotions remains the same, but you just go monthly until you wish to cancel. The rep said they have people on legacy plans going back 20 years that pay something like 10 bucks for voice only and are happy with it.
Jun 9, 2018
3 posts
First time I heard of Zoomer, is there any “downside” or things that I have to expect with them ?

Currently, I have a plan with Virgin Mobile that include Unlimited Txt/Call and 2 Gb of data for 41$/M, but considering the fact that I use fewer than 100 min per month and even less txt, the data would come handy for ways cheaper overall.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9949 posts
9166 upvotes
krs wrote:
Zoomer marketing plan does not expire after 2 years as long you do not change it yourself. For example, if you switch to a loyalty plan after 6 months, you may not be able to switch back to the current $36 3GB plan if it is no longer offered.

But IMO with current movement of big 3 moving towards more data and lowering cost, Zoomer will improve on their offerings in the future.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3177 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Draknars wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 9:45 am
First time I heard of Zoomer, is there any “downside” or things that I have to expect with them ?

Currently, I have a plan with Virgin Mobile that include Unlimited Txt/Call and 2 Gb of data for 41$/M, but considering the fact that I use fewer than 100 min per month and even less txt, the data would come handy for ways cheaper overall.
It is better for you to call Virgin first as they may offer your something better.

The downside is the 2 year contract.
Carry Tel Internet
Jun 9, 2018
3 posts
9613019 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:47 am
It is better for you to call Virgin first as they may offer your something better.

The downside is the 2 year contract.
Just made the call and mention this offer, they counter-offered with my current plan but for 35$, which I obviously took since I had nothing to lose.

But my phone is starting to get old (a Galaxy S4) and having some hardware issues, so having the contract including a new phone might come handy, and 1gb more is pretty appalling to me. I was thinking getting the A8 with them and pay the difference.

Anyway, I’m going to meditate on this, I have until the end of the month to make my mind. I’m already winner since I got 5$ off my current plan, thanks to your tip!

Cheers,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3177 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Draknars wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 12:29 pm
Just made the call and mention this offer, they counter-offered with my current plan but for 35$, which I obviously took since I had nothing to lose.

But my phone is starting to get old (a Galaxy S4) and having some hardware issues, so having the contract including a new phone might come handy, and 1gb more is pretty appalling to me. I was thinking getting the A8 with them and pay the difference.

Anyway, I’m going to meditate on this, I have until the end of the month to make my mind. I’m already winner since I got 5$ off my current plan, thanks to your tip!

Cheers,
If you want to get a new phone, Virgin may have some good deals with 2 year contract. If you just want to get a new phone, it is better to get a Koodo deal.
Carry Tel Internet
Apr 23, 2003
341 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Good for you! Virgin finally has decided they want to retain their customers. Previously, the Big 3 and their subs kept denying the existence of Zoomer Wireless and tried to feed their customers some BS.

Looking for a newer phone -- wait for a Koodo promotion. Most of Zoomer's phones are entry level, but to get the $36 for 3GB promo you need a 2 yr agreement.
Jun 9, 2018
3 posts
9613019 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 12:39 pm
If you want to get a new phone, Virgin may have some good deals with 2 year contract. If you just want to get a new phone, it is better to get a Koodo deal.
DStriderX wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 1:50 pm
Good for you! Virgin finally has decided they want to retain their customers. Previously, the Big 3 and their subs kept denying the existence of Zoomer Wireless and tried to feed their customers some BS.

Looking for a newer phone -- wait for a Koodo promotion. Most of Zoomer's phones are entry level, but to get the $36 for 3GB promo you need a 2 yr agreement.
Alright, thanks for the tips !
I'm gonna stay with virgin for now and be on the lookup for a koodo deal. In the meantime, i'm gonna see what I can get from Virgin if I go back with a 2years contract.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1099 posts
630 upvotes
Draknars wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 3:44 pm
Alright, thanks for the tips !
I'm gonna stay with virgin for now and be on the lookup for a koodo deal. In the meantime, i'm gonna see what I can get from Virgin if I go back with a 2years contract.
just make sure they don't try and screw you by having to change your plan or lose that $35 plan because of a new phone. I know Telus, bell, etc do that crap all the time.
Banned
Aug 23, 2012
34 posts
78 upvotes
East Van
I took both my kids off their 7-11 speakout plan, having never heard about Zoomer before. The process was smooth, one number we ported, one we didn't, again smooth. Great service running on the rogers network, same as me and my wife. They are great to deal with on the phone, chat, email, etc. Also I liked that my bill was EXACTLY what i expected, no weird charges, just bang on. We paid the $150 + tax each and got the kids the Galaxy A5's. Honestly, i can't really tell the difference between that and my S7, they are nice phones. Very happy with Zoomer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3177 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Huawei P10 Lite is back.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1371 posts
552 upvotes
Mississauga
9613019 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 9:55 am
Huawei P10 Lite is back.
How does the P10 compare to the other Zoomer phones offered?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4969 posts
686 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
9613019 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 9:55 am
Huawei P10 Lite is back.
Trouble is one needs to sign up for a minimum $45.- two year plan to get this phone.
And the $45.- plan gives one a lot less than the current $36 promotion.
250 minutes instead of 400 minutes
500 MB of data rather than 3GB of data

I wonder why Zoomers doesn't have "in-between" options - the J3 prime which comes for free with the $36.- plan is valued by Zoomers at $250.- (Retail is actually $199.-)
The P10 Lite is valued at $300.-

So couldn't they offer the P10 Lite with the $36.- plan if one pays the $50.- difference up front?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)