Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Oct 1, 2003
849 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver
krs wrote: Somehow neither of the two replies above make sense.

I currently have the $36.- month plan changed after 6 months with Zoomer to unlimited CW minutes + 4 GB of data.
The $36.- include a bit more than $10.- per month to pay off the phone

and after 2 years, when the phone is paid off, and if I don't get a new phone from Zoomers, the plan would change to

Logically it should be around $25.- and change for unlimited CW minutes and 4 GB of Data
I think you are mistaking this be a "Tab" plan like Koodo - where you "Pay-off" the cost of the phone in monthly installments, and once it's paid off, you no longer have that monthly installment.

With Zoomer, it's like a "cancellation fee", that reduces every month by (COST OF PHONE)/24 (MONTHS).

That's what I thought at first too.
Jul 8, 2016
29 posts
6 upvotes
I called Zoomer to sign up for the $36 plan and they said the billing cycle starts on March 9th. She told me it would be pro rated between now and March 9th and that’s fine. She also said don’t use the full 4gb until the new cycle starts. Does anyone know how much data I can use? Is it like a GB? She said they would charge me but didn’t tell me what I should use till March 9th. How much did everyone else use??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
embguy wrote: Those are for new activation market plan. Not loyalty plan after 6 months. Believe or not... It is up to you. I have been with Zoomer since 2014.

You can go on month-to-month on market plan $36 200 CW minutes + 500MB data for 6 months. After 6 months, switch to $36 loyalty unlimited minutes + 4GB data on month-to-month.
So what are the options to continue with Zoomers after the two years are up?

I'm on the "loyalty plan" right now with about 16 months to go to complete the two years.

Can I stay on that "loyalty plan" forever?
After the two years are up, can I then get another phone by signing up for two more years?
Is that two year extension under the loyalty plan or do I go back to the $36 400 minute plan or even something different?

Zoomers provides very little information on their website regarding all this - or it's really well hidden.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
kaviram wrote: I called Zoomer to sign up for the $36 plan and they said the billing cycle starts on March 9th. She told me it would be pro rated between now and March 9th and that’s fine. She also said don’t use the full 4gb until the new cycle starts. Does anyone know how much data I can use? Is it like a GB? She said they would charge me but didn’t tell me what I should use till March 9th. How much did everyone else use??
Will be prorated on your data usage. It is about 1.5GB.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
krs wrote: So what are the options to continue with Zoomers after the two years are up?

I'm on the "loyalty plan" right now with about 16 months to go to complete the two years.

After the two years are up, can I then get another phone by signing up for two more years?
Is that two year extension under the loyalty plan or do I go back to the $36 400 minute plan or even something different?

Zoomers provides very little information on their website regarding all this - or it's really well hidden.
You can stay on the same loyalty plan on month-to-month after 2 years OR get another free phone with 2 years contract on the same loyalty plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote: So what are the options to continue with Zoomers after the two years are up?

You will keep your loyalty plan, no matter you get a phone or not. If you get a new phone, then there will be device balance attached to your account for 2 years.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
9613019 wrote: You will keep your loyalty plan, no matter you get a phone or not. If you get a new phone, then there will be device balance attached to your account for 2 years.
But the monthly fee stays the same - right?

Why then would anyone continue with the loyalty plan without a new phone?
Even if one cancels say after one year with a new phone, one would just pay off the device balance and that's it.
I realize that Zoomers sometimes inflates the device value to some degree, but I would think after a few months on the 2-year plan that would be covered.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Has Zoomers in the past ever offered an iphone as one of their phone?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
krs wrote: Has Zoomers in the past ever offered an iphone as one of their phone?
NO
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
krs wrote: But the monthly fee stays the same - right?

Why then would anyone continue with the loyalty plan without a new phone?
Even if one cancels say after one year with a new phone, one would just pay off the device balance and that's it.
I realize that Zoomers sometimes inflates the device value to some degree, but I would think after a few months on the 2-year plan that would be covered.
It is up to you to get an overpriced phone and lock yourself in for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote: Has Zoomers in the past ever offered an iphone as one of their phone?
Yes, iPhone SE for a very short period.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
embguy wrote: It is up to you to get an overpriced phone and lock yourself in for 2 years.
Not 2 years no, 7 months to 1 year max on average.

Examples:
$150 Moto E, sell it for $120, cancel after 7 months, pay $106+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
$250 LG G5, sell it for $200, cancel after 7 months, pay $177+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
$400 LG Q6, sell it for $250, cancel after 11 months, pay $217+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Daijoubu wrote: Not 2 years no, 7 months to 1 year max on average.

Examples:
$150 Moto E, sell it for $120, cancel after 7 months, pay $106+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
$250 LG G5, sell it for $200, cancel after 7 months, pay $177+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
$400 LG Q6, sell it for $250, cancel after 11 months, pay $217+tx penalty, out of pocket cost is nil
Yes - that is exactly what I'm talking about.
And if you do stay for the 2 years, and say got the FG G5, then you're $200.- ahead vs taking the month-to-month plan.

The only time this would work against you if someone else within the next 7 months to a year has a much better plan.
Jun 5, 2017
134 posts
60 upvotes
coleonredflag wrote: The $36 plan can come with any of the following devices for $0:

- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
- Moto E5 Play
- LG G5
- LG Q6

The device will be in manufacturer box but with seal opened as they need to inspect the phone for insurance purpose. No Zoomer branding.

Does anyone have an idea which of these has the best resell value and how long they take to resell?
I checked eBay sold listings and the LG G5 seems to be the best, selling for around $170 compared to roughly $120 for the other models. There was one posting for Q6 for $200 but it seems far less popular. For resale I am planning on getting the LG G5. Does anyone else have alternate opinion?

I will be using Xaiomi Mi A2 Lite since LG G5 has no bootloader unlocked and I like using stock Android and custom ROMs.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Not 2 years no, 7 months to 1 year max on average.

Examples:
wife's 2yrs gonna expire soon this Nov....can she port out to elsewhere for a month and rejoin Zoomer with free phone again?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: wife's 2yrs gonna expire soon this Nov....can she port out to elsewhere for a month and rejoin Zoomer with free phone again?
You do not need to port out. Just contact Zoomer to get a free phone and keep your loyalty plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kiasu wrote: wife's 2yrs gonna expire soon this Nov....can she port out to elsewhere for a month and rejoin Zoomer with free phone again?
No need, she can just renew her contract and get another phone
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
9613019 wrote: You do not need to port out. Just contact Zoomer to get a free phone and keep your loyalty plan.
Daijoubu wrote: No need, she can just renew her contract and get another phone
wow..nice...so getting free phone every 2 yrs....i know is not the best phone but still...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
kiasu wrote: wow..nice...so getting free phone every 2 yrs....i know is not the best phone but still...
If you wish you can get a somewhat better phone with thde $36.- plan by paying a bit extra.

I didn't know that when I joined but people I referred actually did that.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
krs wrote: If you wish you can get a somewhat better phone with thde $36.- plan by paying a bit extra.

I didn't know that when I joined but people I referred actually did that.
Depends how much extra, the $40.5 plan may end up being cheaper, that's an extra $108 over 24 months instead of paying like $150 extra

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)