Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

Deal Link:
Price:
$36
Expiry:
March 31, 2020
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
Always check the latest update first.

The promotional plan is currently listed on their website, and is available through the phone or chat.

For a two-year contract, you get a cheap free phone and $100 bill credits. New phone will be shipped with a free SIM card.

Currently , no contract needed for BYOD customer (no $100 credit as well).

Plan is $36 for 5GB LTE data, unlimited international texts, 800 anytime Canadawide minutes.

After six months, you can get the loyalty plan with 4GB data, unlimited minutes and enhanced voicemail for the same price.

Zoomer is on Rogers network with free extended coverage. It also has international roaming packages (not roam like home).

$50 referral credit is available, but soliciting referrals in thread is strictly against forum rules.

If you need unlimited talking, then you can choose the $40.50 plan with 6GB data.

I think Zoomer will soon update their loyalty plans with more data.
Last edited by 9613019 on Mar 10th, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Thread Summary
Thread summary by @rolomonster and from original thread here with some updates:
zoomer-wireless-hot-36-2gb-lte-400-dayt ... st-2074500

$36 Promo Plan Details:
800 Canada-Wide Anytime Minutes
5GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
UNLIMITED Zoomer-to-Zoomer calling Canada-Wide
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling
Free cheap phone with 2 year term

PLUS: Earn a $25 ($50 sometimes) Referral Credit by getting a referral from a current Zoomer Customer
*Referral credits for new accounts only and must stay with Zoomer for 30 days or credit gets clawed back from both accounts

There are also plans available with 6gb and unlimited calls for $40.50/month.

Note: Changes between promos must happen within the first 30 days of service or you risk losing double everything + bonus data. Any changes afterward would be after 6 months months of service when upgrading to one of their Loyalty Plans. But as with anything, YMMV.

FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

By activating a chat session with a Zoomer rep or calling in. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $25 bill credit.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get a better free phone and sell it to reduce your overall costs.

3. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Usually it is the phone free on the $40 plan that listed on their website.

4. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. If you have an unlocked Android you may need to enter in the Rogers LTE APN listed below. If you have an unlocked LG device, you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN. YMMV
APN Settings
Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

5. What if 800 anytime minutes is not enough for me?

You can use apps like Hangouts for outgoing calls using data/wifi, opt for the $40.50 Plan which includes unlimited calls, or ask Zoomer for add-ons for the first 6 months. After 6 months you may be eligible for a Loyalty Plan which includes unlimited Canada Wide talk.

6. What are these Loyalty Plans I keep hearing about?

Loyalty Plans are plans available to customers that have been with Zoomer for at least 6 months of service but YMMV if these will continue to be offered in the future. To date: $36, $40.5, $45, $54 and $72 Family Plans all seem to still be available. For more info, check the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here: zoomer-wireless-zoomer-loyalty-cell-pho ... t-2058700/
*Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but is still available to date. But YMMV

7. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

8. How long is this plan/ referral available until?

Referral credit is always at $25 but occasionally gets bumped to $50 during promos and special offers YMMV.

9. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

10. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
4726 replies
Oct 12, 2014
966 posts
687 upvotes
London, ON
Hmmmm nice
Public Mobile $38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
Great find! The latest edition of the Zoomer magazine I received didn't show the $36 for 2 gig deal. The $54 deal was there. Also a $22.50 plan for 300 Canada wide minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends, unlimited text. The talk and text plan comes with the LG K4 (2017) phone.
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
233 upvotes
Go zoomers~~~~~

switched to zoomers about 3months ago, very happy!!!!!!!

Got a G4 and sold it immediately . referral was $50
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Glad this is back, I've been with Zoomer for 7 months now, and am now on the loyalty plan.

It was painless to change over, just had to ask through chat. I actually messaged a day early and they offered to auto do it the next day instead of telling me to chat or call back! Amazing CS! I wish there were more services, can't stand some of the BIG 3 I'm stuck with for TV/Internet. I'd switch over in a heartbeat if they offered other things.
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2650 posts
2189 upvotes
GTA
SignedA wrote: Glad this is back, I've been with Zoomer for 7 months now, and am now on the loyalty plan.

It was painless to change over, just had to ask through chat. I actually messaged a day early and they offered to auto do it the next day instead of telling me to chat or call back! Amazing CS! I wish there were more services, can't stand some of the BIG 3 I'm stuck with for TV/Internet. I'd switch over in a heartbeat if they offered other things.
We have 2 lines and no complaints at all. I have also send a few friends to them and they are all happy so far.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
isgaard wrote: The phone offering is shit and has gotten worse. 2017 J3 in 2018, WTF! I would wait until they up the referral credit to $50 and release new phones.
If you don't like the phone, the plan is still great. I would suggest getting the lowest value flip phone and bringing your own device. This is what I did over a year ago and I have absolutely no regrets.

I now have 1 x $45 4gb Loyalty Plan, 1 x $22.50 300 daytime talk/text plan, and $10 Home Phone plan.

Best customer service I have ever had with a wireless company.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Jun 4, 2013
146 posts
100 upvotes
Only downside is the phone they offer are not top line. Other than that, all good. 2G data is enough for me. After 6 months, I switched to loyalty plan by chat, even happier.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
I've been with Zoomer for over three years and can also vouch for them. They operate through Cityfone which is owned by Rogers so you get the Roger's network without the high prices and with much better customer service!

As has been mentioned, they don't have the best phone selection but you can always sell the one you get from them to help further reduce your cost or put the money towards a phone of your choice.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1860 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal
I signed up 6 months ago...went over my data this month and they offered me 4GB, unlimited mins/text and probably enhanced VM for 45$. good service
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: If you don't like the phone, the plan is still great. I would suggest getting the lowest value flip phone and bringing your own device. This is what I did over a year ago and I have absolutely no regrets.

I now have 1 x $45 4gb Loyalty Plan, 1 x $22.50 300 daytime talk/text plan, and $10 Home Phone plan.

Best customer service I have ever had with a wireless company.
How often does the $10 home phone deal come around? I would love to get that. I have the Rogers home phone plan that started out at $10 but they add a dollar to the price every couple of years.
Jun 8, 2010
279 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
And there is also a free CARP membership. I read in the CARP magazine that it gets you 20% off at Rexall!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: How often does the $10 home phone deal come around? I would love to get that. I have the Rogers home phone plan that started out at $10 but they add a dollar to the price every couple of years.
I remember they sent out email with $10 home phone promotion last time.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
Yeah been with Zommer and can't complain. Awesome service and good price.
Aug 30, 2007
422 posts
219 upvotes
Moved my daughter to it. No complaints. Support has been great
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2343 posts
433 upvotes
The J3 says it needs a $40 min per month to be free. This plan is only $36.

Why isnt the deal on their website?
Aug 30, 2007
422 posts
219 upvotes
bellboy26 wrote: The J3 says it needs a $40 min per month to be free. This plan is only $36.

Why isnt the deal on their website?
They apply the phone to the non-discounted price.

In Canada, don't rock the boat with published plans...
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1102 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
Bah I was worried it wouldn't come back until for a while and ended my contract with Telus 3 months early just to hop over to Zoomer last month! I was still able to get G4 last month so selling that covered my remaining balance with Telus. Oh well, still happy with my decision. I do notice Rogers signal not being as strong as Telus (visually via the symbols and signal strength numbers) but it's not too bad at all and hasn't caused me any grief through actual usage.
Participant in:
Koodo Mobile - $25/month with 30GB LTE for 24 months (with $5 24 month credit).
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User - DM to Ask me anything.
Jan 6, 2010
742 posts
71 upvotes
Zoomer uses Rogers network then right? No major issues with the wireless network like FM?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4546 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
Soorma wrote: Zoomer uses Rogers network then right? No major issues with the wireless network like FM?
Yes, they run on Rogers. I've been with the. For almost 4 years now. Not a single issue.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)