Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 1:29 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3022 posts
1112 upvotes
Toronto

Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

Deal Link:
Price:
$36
Expiry:
August 31, 2018
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
Always check the latest update first.

The promotion is back and is available until the end of May. The promotional plan is not listed on their website, but is available through the phone or chat.

It has to be on a two-year contract with a phone. The current best free phones is Samsung J3 Prime. New phone will be shipped with a free SIM card.

Plan is $36 for 3GB LTE data, unlimited international texts, 400 daytime Canadawide minutes and unlimited minutes in the evenings (after 6pm) & weekends.

After six months, you can get the loyalty plan with 2GB data, unlimited minutes and enhanced voicemail for the same price.

Zoomer is on Rogers network with free extended coverage. It also has international roaming packages (not roam like home).

$25 referral credit is available, but soliciting referrals in thread is strictly against forum rules.

Updated on Mar 1 - LG Q6 has been added as a free phone for the $45 ($50 before the 10% discount) plan. Good for people who want to get the $45/4GB loyalty plan.

Uodated on Mar 9 - Now 3GB for new activations or upgrades. No change on loyalty plans. If you just got your plan within 1 month, you should call Zoomer to change your plan to the new 3GB plan as they have the 30 days window to change a plan.

Updated on Mar 29 - Samsung J3 has been replaced by J3 Prime.

Updated on June 7 - Samsung A8 has been added.

Updated on July 26 - Huawei P20 lite has been added. Free on the $45 plan.

Updated on August 1 - The $36/3GB promotion will be expired on August 31, same as other promo plans.
Last edited by 9613019 on Aug 7th, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Thread Summary
Thread summary by @rolomonster and from original thread here with some updates:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... st-2074500

$36 Promo Plan Details:
400 Canada-Wide Minutes
3GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends 6PM-7AM
UNLIMITED Zoomer-to-Zoomer calling Canada-Wide
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling
Free Dorophone, LG F4NR, LG K4, Samsung J1, Samsung J3 prime with 2 year term

PLUS: Earn a $25 Referral Credit by getting a referral from a current Zoomer Customer
*Referral credits for new accounts only and must stay with Zoomer for 30 days or credit gets clawed back from both accounts

There are also plans available with 2gb and unlimited incoming calls for $40.50/month, 2.5GB option for $45/month and 3GB option for $54/month.
Note: Changes between promos must happen within the first 30 days of service or you risk losing double everything + 1gb bonuses. Any changes afterward would be after 6 months months of service when upgrading to one of their Loyalty Plans. But as with anything, YMMV.

FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

By activating a chat session with a Zoomer rep or calling in. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $25 bill credit.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. Double Your Talk, Text, Data + EXTRA 1GB promo is not available on BYOD. BYOD plans are as listed on Zoomer website. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the Samsung J3 (highest resale value and sell for $100-150 (YMMV) and reduce your overall costs.

3. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Depends on your needs. Best specs/resale value: Samsung J3 Prime. Resale value can range from $100-150 but YMMV. Best option for low buyout price: LG F4NR.

4. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. If you have an unlocked Android you may need to enter in the Rogers LTE APN listed below. If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN. YMMV
APN Settings
Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

5. What if 400 daytime mins is not enough for me?

You can use apps like Hangouts for outgoing calls using data/wifi, opt for the $40.50 Plan which includes unlimited incoming calls, or ask Zoomer for add ons for the first 6 months. After 6 months you may be eligible for a Loyalty Plan which includes unlimited Canada Wide talk.

6. What are these Loyalty Plans I keep hearing about?

Loyalty Plans are plans available to customers that have been with Zoomer for at least 6 months of service but YMMV if these will continue to be offered in the future. To date: $36, $40.5, $45, $54 and $72 Family Plans all seem to still be available. For more info, check the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here: zoomer-wireless-zoomer-loyalty-cell-pho ... t-2058700/
*Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but is still available to date. But YMMV

7. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

8. How long is this plan/ referral available until?

Referral credit is always at $25 but occasionally gets bumped to $50 during promos and special offers YMMV.

9. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

10. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
2606 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
15627 posts
4555 upvotes
Toronto
Great find! The latest edition of the Zoomer magazine I received didn't show the $36 for 2 gig deal. The $54 deal was there. Also a $22.50 plan for 300 Canada wide minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends, unlimited text. The talk and text plan comes with the LG K4 (2017) phone.
Sep 6, 2011
520 posts
756 upvotes
The phone offering is shit and has gotten worse. 2017 J3 in 2018, WTF! I would wait until they up the referral credit to $50 and release new phones.

That being said, if you're desperate for a decent plan with data now, then take the cheapest flip phone. Closest 2GB LTE plan is Public Mobile at $45, it's $55 for 1GB everywhere else now.

No silly noob questions before posting please, read the thread summary.
Apr 23, 2013
475 posts
155 upvotes
Go zoomers~~~~~

switched to zoomers about 3months ago, very happy!!!!!!!

Got a G4 and sold it immediately . referral was $50
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
May 19, 2015
497 posts
159 upvotes
Glad this is back, I've been with Zoomer for 7 months now, and am now on the loyalty plan.

It was painless to change over, just had to ask through chat. I actually messaged a day early and they offered to auto do it the next day instead of telling me to chat or call back! Amazing CS! I wish there were more services, can't stand some of the BIG 3 I'm stuck with for TV/Internet. I'd switch over in a heartbeat if they offered other things.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 2GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1514 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
SignedA wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 10:00 pm
Glad this is back, I've been with Zoomer for 7 months now, and am now on the loyalty plan.

It was painless to change over, just had to ask through chat. I actually messaged a day early and they offered to auto do it the next day instead of telling me to chat or call back! Amazing CS! I wish there were more services, can't stand some of the BIG 3 I'm stuck with for TV/Internet. I'd switch over in a heartbeat if they offered other things.
We have 2 lines and no complaints at all. I have also send a few friends to them and they are all happy so far.
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1500 posts
724 upvotes
isgaard wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 9:47 pm
The phone offering is shit and has gotten worse. 2017 J3 in 2018, WTF! I would wait until they up the referral credit to $50 and release new phones.
If you don't like the phone, the plan is still great. I would suggest getting the lowest value flip phone and bringing your own device. This is what I did over a year ago and I have absolutely no regrets.

I now have 1 x $45 4gb Loyalty Plan, 1 x $22.50 300 daytime talk/text plan, and $10 Home Phone plan.

Best customer service I have ever had with a wireless company.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Jun 4, 2013
85 posts
57 upvotes
Burlington
Only downside is the phone they offer are not top line. Other than that, all good. 2G data is enough for me. After 6 months, I switched to loyalty plan by chat, even happier.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2284 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
I've been with Zoomer for over three years and can also vouch for them. They operate through Cityfone which is owned by Rogers so you get the Roger's network without the high prices and with much better customer service!

As has been mentioned, they don't have the best phone selection but you can always sell the one you get from them to help further reduce your cost or put the money towards a phone of your choice.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1407 posts
431 upvotes
Montreal
I signed up 6 months ago...went over my data this month and they offered me 4GB, unlimited mins/text and probably enhanced VM for 45$. good service
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
15627 posts
4555 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 10:24 pm
If you don't like the phone, the plan is still great. I would suggest getting the lowest value flip phone and bringing your own device. This is what I did over a year ago and I have absolutely no regrets.

I now have 1 x $45 4gb Loyalty Plan, 1 x $22.50 300 daytime talk/text plan, and $10 Home Phone plan.

Best customer service I have ever had with a wireless company.
How often does the $10 home phone deal come around? I would love to get that. I have the Rogers home phone plan that started out at $10 but they add a dollar to the price every couple of years.
Jun 8, 2010
100 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
And there is also a free CARP membership. I read in the CARP magazine that it gets you 20% off at Rexall!
Happy customer of Zoomer Wireless and Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3022 posts
1112 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 10:38 pm
How often does the $10 home phone deal come around? I would love to get that. I have the Rogers home phone plan that started out at $10 but they add a dollar to the price every couple of years.
I remember they sent out email with $10 home phone promotion last time.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Aug 10, 2008
515 posts
140 upvotes
Yeah been with Zommer and can't complain. Awesome service and good price.