Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:38 pm
Dec 7, 2007
209 posts
53 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 2:16 pm
The current unadvertised promo is 3GB data + 400 CW minutes for $36 with 2 years contract and get a free phone. The phone account will go down b $10.42/m. It is not like Koodo tab which you have a payment for the phone every month. Zoomer is writing off the phone cost by $10.42/m.
the plan is on their website, you can chat or call, either way, the agent knows what are you looking for.
Sep 21, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
first time replying to a forum, but i just got a call from zoomer rep saying this promo is still up for another couple of weeks. Told them to call me again next week (finals!!) and I may switch to zoomer (from freedom)
Nov 7, 2010
49 posts
266 upvotes
Just in case anyone is on the fence about this. I called in late last week to exchange my phone from an LG K4 to a G4 and upgraded my plan at the same time. They did want me to pay the $16 fee to ship the new phone but after explaining that if I cancel the plan all together and just sign up again, I wouldn't be paying the shipping. I was very polite and apologetic and just explained that I didn't realize a K4 would only leave me with 1.5 gig left of space for apps after all the updates went through. They agreed to not charge me and sent it via UPS and said for me to keep my same sim and ship the old phone back with everything that came with it only after I factory reset the phone. I received the new phone today and this is the important part... The date of manufacture is April of 2017. So anyone afraid to pull the trigger because of them getting a shipment of old G4s doesn't need to worry by the looks of it. From my reading, the boot loop issue only seems to affect phones from 2015 or earlier.
Jul 24, 2012
580 posts
68 upvotes
Penoo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 5:26 pm
Just in case anyone is on the fence about this. I called in late last week to exchange my phone from an LG K4 to a G4 and upgraded my plan at the same time. They did want me to pay the $16 fee to ship the new phone but after explaining that if I cancel the plan all together and just sign up again, I wouldn't be paying the shipping. I was very polite and apologetic and just explained that I didn't realize a K4 would only leave me with 1.5 gig left of space for apps after all the updates went through. They agreed to not charge me and sent it via UPS and said for me to keep my same sim and ship the old phone back with everything that came with it only after I factory reset the phone. I received the new phone today and this is the important part... The date of manufacture is April of 2017. So anyone afraid to pull the trigger because of them getting a shipment of old G4s doesn't need to worry by the looks of it. From my reading, the boot loop issue only seems to affect phones from 2015 or earlier.
I understood about the cancelling and order again concept, but how do you keep your number if you cancel? Anyway just got mine G4 and is manufactured aug 2016, older than yours:( Wondering if I should concern about the boot loop issue?
Oct 24, 2009
272 posts
86 upvotes
North York
I’m confused by different replies on this thread for existing customers...
Do I need to be past 6 months on my 2 year term to qualify for this, or past 2 years completely?
I thought it’d be 2 years but some replies mentioned 6 months since that’s when loyalty kicks in. Sorry if this was asked and answered, it’s 100 page long thread.
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
191 upvotes
pipolchap wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 8:30 pm
Koodo did that to me as well, even though they verbally assured me the final bill will be prorated. Since I owed them a tab, I immediately disabled auto-pay and waited for the final bill. I called in after for them to adjust, which they did immediately after complaining. It's apparently standard practice for Koodo to charge the entire month.
Ditto. Don't trust Koodo. I had to escalate it to a "manager before the rep understood the concept of pro-rata.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14706 posts
5875 upvotes
mycp wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 5:55 pm
I’m confused by different replies on this thread for existing customers...
Do I need to be past 6 months on my 2 year term to qualify for this, or past 2 years completely?
I thought it’d be 2 years but some replies mentioned 6 months since that’s when loyalty kicks in. Sorry if this was asked and answered, it’s 100 page long thread.
Which plan are you talking about? The plan in the OP is not a loyalty plan and it's only available to new customers. The only way you can get it as an existing customer is to pay off your current tab balance and then sign a new 2 year contract with a new device. Loyalty plans are available after 6 months, but they are:

$36 for 2gb
$45 for 4gb

Both plans have unlimited Canada wide calling. I hope that helps.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Oct 24, 2009
272 posts
86 upvotes
North York
SickBeast wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:05 pm
Which plan are you talking about?
The plan in the OP
I’m currently on loyalty plan but not out of 2 yr term.
My question is due to some replies indicated that once past 6 months on existing term you can call to get this plan (without paying off tab) by signing a new 2yr contract with a new phone. I don’t believe so but I want to clarify since I did not read all 100 pages.
Jul 24, 2012
580 posts
68 upvotes
By the way I just received my LG G4, on the invoice there is an unlock code there. How can I tell if the phone is lock or unlock. I put in a speakout sim card and it works. But then speakout is also Rogers too. I don't have other carrier's sim card, how can I do a simple test to find out?
Apr 23, 2003
369 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:43 pm
By the way I just received my LG G4, on the invoice there is an unlock code there. How can I tell if the phone is lock or unlock. I put in a speakout sim card and it works. But then speakout is also Rogers too. I don't have other carrier's sim card, how can I do a simple test to find out?
You will need a non-Rogers network SIM card (rule out Rogers, Fido, Chatr, PC Mobile, Speak-out, Cityfone, Zoomer, etc). A Bell, Telus, Freedom one is needed -- perhaps, ask one of your friends or try buying a used one from kijiji or craigslist.
Jul 24, 2012
580 posts
68 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:52 pm
You will need a non-Rogers network SIM card (rule out Rogers, Fido, Chatr, PC Mobile, Speak-out, Cityfone, Zoomer, etc). A Bell, Telus, Freedom one is needed -- perhaps, ask one of your friends or try buying a used one from kijiji or craigslist.
Are you saying even a non active sim card from non-Rogers network would work as well?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2411 posts
965 upvotes
GTA
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:56 pm
Are you saying even a non active sim card from non-Rogers network would work as well?
Any non-Rogers sim card should do the trick
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1584 posts
957 upvotes
mountaintree wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 7:20 pm
OP @9613019 - Do you think the $22 plan is "hot" and is it eligible for loyalty after 6 months?
What $22 plan? I just went through the past 10 pages and can’t find a post referencing a $22 plan.